Isuneh Brady commits | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Isuneh Brady commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From personal experience, more than you ever wanted to know - Diverticulosis is the existence of the pouches in the lower intestine (colon). If they become infected it becomes diverticulitis, which if caught soon enough and treated with heavy duty antibiotics, can usually kill the problem. The threat is that the infection will perforate the wall of the pouches and dump the infection into the body. In that case surgery is required to clean the mess up and cut out the bad parts of the colon. Then you get a colostomy bag for your trouble. If you can kill the infection before it perforates you can go back later when all is quiet in your guts and cut out the bad section of the colon and reattach without the need of the bag. I was lucky to have caught it just in time and had the surgery about 4 months later. Hope this is not the case for Geno. No fun.
While mine was being treated my bowel perfed requiring a colostomy. Most of my intestine was cut out leaving just enough to be reattached 4 month’s later. Not fun.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Recruiting has been gangbusters for the past 10 months. Seems like everyone wants to play with Paige (as opposed to against her). UCONN now has elite guards, elite wings, elite post players, incredible size and athleticism, and a mind-boggling mix of different types of players - not a single one rated lower than 20 IMHO except for Gabriel (but she's in the 40's per PN).

It's so good to be so bad for WCBB...!!
If a kid in the 2020-23 classes wants to win a championship, the odds are much better playing with Paige than against her. That's true even for Azzi.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Now that we have Piath, Aaliyah, Saylor, Amari, and Ice to cover the bigs, it's time to get Jaelyn Bates. She's playing without glasses this season.

Reaction Score
As a high a school teacher, it totally depends on the student. Some (few) of my 10th graders would be able to handle a decision like this at their age, but my top students would. Many kids these days are quite immature academically, but well rounded in the real world and regarding future goals and prospects. Congrats to her on her early decision. I hope it sticks. I only have one class of 10th graders this year, but the driven ones are aware of their options and are mature enough to handle those options. The others might not k ow an option if it hit them in the face as a blinking sign stating “option! Option!” Oh sophomores. I’m hoping she’s one who is mature enough to make an informed decision, as I ensure that Geno and crew is experienced enough to suss our character and maturity and make decisions about future student athletes in the best interest of the team.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As a high a school teacher, it totally depends on the student. Some (few) of my 10th graders would be able to handle a decision like this at their age, but my top students would. Many kids these days are quite immature academically, but well rounded in the real world and regarding future goals and prospects. Congrats to her on her early decision. I hope it sticks. I only have one class of 10th graders this year, but the driven ones are aware of their options and are mature enough to handle those options. The others might not k ow an option if it hit them in the face as a blinking sign stating “option! Option!” Oh sophomores. I’m hoping she’s one who is mature enough to make an informed decision, as I ensure that Geno and crew is experienced enough to suss our character and maturity and make decisions about future student athletes in the best interest of the team.
Not a phrase normally employed for your profession, but thank you for your service. Good schoolteachers are some of my heroes.

Reaction Score
Andy Landers is going to have a terrible time pronouncing the names of the Huskeys of the next few years. He already can't pronounce the Ododa part of Olivia's name... now we're adding: Bueckers, Poffenbarger, Isnueh, Aaliah, Piath.... Ohhhh Boy... maybe it will be best to mute the TV when Andy is talking about the Huskeys in coming years. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Andy Landers is going to have a terrible time pronouncing the names of the Huskeys of the next few years. He already can't pronounce the Ododa part of Olivia's name... now we're adding: Bueckers, Poffenbarger, Isnueh, Aaliah, Piath.... Ohhhh Boy... maybe it will be best to mute the TV when Andy is talking about the Huskeys in coming years. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wait until UConn adds Jersey Wolfenbarger. Andy will start spitting out teeth like a wood chipper.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not a phrase normally employed for your profession, but thank you for your service. Good schoolteachers are some of my heroes.
Honestly, when it comes to the real world, teachers are the only people I admire. But be one? I'd rather lick my own toe fungus. That is a tough job.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Speaking of Andy Landers, Maria Taylor of ESPN who hosts women’s college basketball studio shows featuring Landers as a analyst from time to time, went to Georgia (2005-2009). She played volleyball and basketball. Andy Landers was her coach.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
PV-The really talented players are being recruited by the 7th grade, and pretty heavily. While I agree that it is ridiculous and would love to to see it end I believe it will only get worse and when you are a teenager you don't want to and should not have to, deal with the amount of time and aggravation involved. One way to cut down on this is to commit early. Of course if you are the school chosen you are overjoyed and if you are one of the schools rejected you believe it should be illegal.
I used to go to Calhoun’s annual preseason alumni dinner where he’d all about the team. One year he walked by our table and a guy I didn’t know stopped him and said there was a kid from Florida and before outa mother word, Calhoun says without batting an eye, yeah, 8th grader from Jacksonville. Crazy business.

Reaction Score
I swore it was not that long ago that many on this board were in a rut that Geno had lost his recruiting hand. But my oh my it proves that Geno was not at all breaking a sweat and really has that magician’s sleeve. I‘m really hoping though that Azzi and Lauren Betts are waiting to be taken out of the hat. Something I’ve also admired about Geno is his ability to geographically recruit players and not focus on a certain region but of course it’s a luxury factor for him having built the premier program of WCBB.
Shout out to the assistants as well. 2+ years ago, we had transitions in the Assistant Coaching ranks. Likely no coincidence that factor coincided with our (by UConn standards) poor recruiting years. With UConn's national focus, Geno couldn't come close to doing all the travel needed to observe, recruit and communicate without a strong team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Shout out to the assistants as well. 2+ years ago, we had transitions in the Assistant Coaching ranks. Likely no coincidence that factor coincided with our (by UConn standards) poor recruiting years. With UConn's national focus, Geno couldn't come close to doing all the travel needed to observe, recruit and communicate without a strong team.

Not sure the assistant coach change has much to do with it. I think part of this is that the whole psychology of recruiting for Geno has changed a bit. In the past, he could rely on kids fighting through the tough times and waiting their time so a roster could be smaller. More and more, he sees that kids can/will transfer and he may not get them all right to begin with so he is more likely to focus on more depth assuming some traffic out of Storrs is inevitable.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
While mine was being treated my bowel perfed requiring a colostomy. Most of my intestine was cut out leaving just enough to be reattached 4 month’s later. Not fun.
mine is permanent,and I can vouch it is no fun.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Sat down to read the sports section of The San Diego Union-Tribune at breakfast this morning and there, at the top of page 6, in modest 24-point type, was the all caps headline UCONN LANDS DONS SOPH. There were a couple of quotes from Brady's high school coach, Jackie Turpin, including, "She talked to a lot of coaches so the decision wasn't made on a whim," and "She's very aware of the UConn program and feels it will make her the best player she can be. That was the appeal and I believe it's a great fit."

Also, on page 3 of the same newspaper, was an item about Auriemma "being scheduled to undergo minor surgery today that could keep him off the court for the Huskies' game this weekend against Oklahoma."

Two separate UConn women's basketball mentions in The San Diego Union-Tribune in one day? Has to be a record.

Reaction Score
It's going to be great having Tom's daughter playing for UConn. I bet she is a fine passer....Sorry, I just couldn't resist.. :D
Not sure Tom's daughter but I am sure Kobe's daughter wants to play in UConn ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom