Isuneh Brady commits | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Isuneh Brady commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why does some elite player want to verbally commit so early?
PV-The really talented players are being recruited by the 7th grade, and pretty heavily. While I agree that it is ridiculous and would love to to see it end I believe it will only get worse and when you are a teenager you don't want to and should not have to, deal with the amount of time and aggravation involved. One way to cut down on this is to commit early. Of course if you are the school chosen you are overjoyed and if you are one of the schools rejected you believe it should be illegal.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Geno learning his lessons & is recruiting size. Size wins titles in today's WCBB.

Reaction Score
Whats the percent of recruits who verbally commit this early actually follow-through with their promise? Their has to be this stat somewhere.

Reaction Score
Geno hasnt won a Title in forever, and he's mad. Like the Hulk, you dont want to make Geno mad.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So Ice’s commitment begs the question, Did any of our recruiting super sleuths have this young lady on their radar?

I don’t follow the recruiting trail that close. I had heard of her, but not much else. I’m happy to have her join the family. I get excited anytime we get a verbal from a coveted recruit. I must admit to being guilty of focusing in on Azzi Fudd. To me, SHE would be the crown jewel for her class if we can land her.

The next order of business is to find out how Insuneh pronounces her first name, and what SHE prefers to be called.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here's a video of Ice. #25 in Blue and White. She looks pretty good.

Note: She's in MIDDLE SCHOOL!!

5 things I LOVED about her... AND she's ONLY in 8th grade in that video...
  1. She moves and runs the floor very well, especially for a kid her size.
  2. She can go up with either hand to make a layup, even tho she's a lefty.
  3. When she makes moves towards the basket, it's precise, strong, and with purpose. AND no fading away like sophomore ONO often does. She goes TO the basket.
  4. When she blocks a shot, it's with her arms mostly straight up. No tomahawk chop.
  5. She seems to have good instincts. Keeping arms up on defense, good positioning, nose for the ball, and decent to good BBlQ.
Clearly she has some work to do, but good grief. She's the whole package. I can see why she's rated #3 in the class. LOVE this kid already.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  2. She can do up with either hand to make a layup, even tho she's a lefty.
  3. When she makes moves towards the basket, it's precise, strong, and with purpose. AND no fading away like sophomore ONO often does. She goes TO the basket.
  4. When she blocks a shot, it's with her arms mostly straight up. No tomahawk chop.
  5. She seems to have good instincts. Keeping arms up, good positioning, nose for the ball, and decent to good BBQ.
Clearly she has some work to do, but good grief. She's the whole package. I can see why she's rated #3 in the class. LOVE this kid already.
I agree. However, I think Auriemma will keep ONO. ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno learning his lessons & is recruiting size. Size wins titles in today's WCBB.

Pretty sure Geno understands what teams need. It's not his fault Aaliyah Boston decided to go elsewhere. Natalija Marshall too.

Reaction Score
  2. She can do up with either hand to make a layup, even tho she's a lefty.
  5. She seems to have good instincts. Keeping arms up, good positioning, nose for the ball, and decent to good BBQ.
5 everybody loves a good Bbq:D

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Why does some elite player want to verbally commit so early?
I believe that the way recruiting is generally understood to work, a scholarship offer that has not been accepted by the recruit (by making a verbal commitment) can be rescinded at any time for any reason. It is NOT irrevocable. However, as a practical matter, if the recruit commits, the school cannot then rescind the offer. (It may be "legal" for the school to do so, but it is a PR disaster and would discourage other recruits, and Geno has said that UConn will never do that. JPM at Duke did that once, and people still remember it with bitterness.)

So for someone like Ice or Saylor, making the verbal commitment is a way of locking UConn into the offer -- they can't withdraw it even if they find someone better at their position. But, as was pointed out, the recruit can still change her mind at any time, although I think there is very little chance that either of these recruits will do so as long as Geno is still at UConn.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I believe that the way recruiting is generally understood to work, a scholarship offer that has not been accepted by the recruit (by making a verbal commitment) can be rescinded at any time for any reason. It is NOT irrevocable. However, as a practical matter, if the recruit commits, the school cannot then rescind the offer. (It may be "legal" for the school to do so, but it is a PR disaster and would discourage other recruits, and Geno has said that UConn will never do that. JPM at Duke did that once, and people still remember it with bitterness.)

So for someone like Ice or Saylor, making the verbal commitment is a way of locking UConn into the offer -- they can't withdraw it even if they find someone better at their position. But, as was pointed out, the recruit can still change her mind at any time, although I think there is very little chance that either of these recruits will do so as long as Geno is still at UConn.
Interesting thought - makes sense. Made me wonder - if Von Oelhoffen wanted to verbal now to UCONN, would Geno take it? No guarantee Fudd verbals, and I have a feeling she won't announce till next October/November. A bird in the hand?

In that scenario, it's possible Talia would change her mind subsequent to Fudd's verbal. Not sure I've ever seen that happen, but I'm sure it has. UCONN has the enviable problem right now of TOO MANY top kids wanting to come.

Recruiting has been gangbusters for the past 10 months. Seems like everyone wants to play with Paige (as opposed to against her). UCONN now has elite guards, elite wings, elite post players, incredible size and athleticism, and a mind-boggling mix of different types of players - not a single one rated lower than 20 IMHO except for Gabriel (but she's in the 40's per PN).

It's so good to be so bad for WCBB...!!

Reaction Score
I really needed this great surprise after the stress of last night's game!!!! So glad Geno and the staff did some self reflection and made a course correction on recruiting. I wouldn't doubt that the new young energy and ideas of Lister are fueling some of this.

Reaction Score
I swore it was not that long ago that many on this board were in a rut that Geno had lost his recruiting hand. But my oh my it proves that Geno was not at all breaking a sweat and really has that magician’s sleeve. I‘m really hoping though that Azzi and Lauren Betts are waiting to be taken out of the hat. Something I’ve also admired about Geno is his ability to geographically recruit players and not focus on a certain region but of course it’s a luxury factor for him having built the premier program of WCBB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc