Isaiah Wong (CG) in-home 9/11 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Wong (CG) in-home 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why would Wong commit to us if we already have so many guards going forward next year?

Baker mayfield walked onto two top bcs programs and won the starting job at both. Slightly undersized qb but obviously wanted to and knew he could beat out any qb. We need some of those kids coming to uconn (not saying we don’t have them though!)

Reaction Score
I strongly don't see him coming here, but also have no clue where else he'd go

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
This will be an interesting decision. Nobody has any idea at this point.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
He’s definitely going to Miami

It's odd though because even Miami fans on twitter are not convinced he's going there because they have so many guards currently.

Reaction Score
It's odd though because even Miami fans on twitter are not convinced he's going there because they have so many guards currently.
Their last PG commit was Lykes in the class of 2017, and Larranaga has put in a ton of face time all summer with Wong. They probably waited to see Cole Anthony's interest, but he's not ending up there.

Also, if Wong came here, Gaffney would decommit.

Reaction Score
Their last PG commit was Lykes in the class of 2017, and Larranaga has put in a ton of face time all summer with Wong. They probably waited to see Cole Anthony's interest, but he's not ending up there.

Also, if Wong came here, Gaffney would decommit.

We'd rather have Gaffney so no love lost on Wong

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have no informed opinion.
I welcome all identified high quality /high character players who want to play for UConn, and wish well to those who have given the opportunity a good look and chose elsewhere.

Reaction Score
  • Didn't seem that athletic.
  • Afraid of competition.
  • Not a team player.
  • Probably got paid.
  • Limited upside.
  • Next.
I thought I'd save us all some time.
Gaffney better.

Reaction Score
The timing sure makes it appear Wong was waiting on UConn/Gaffney.

If true, that shows how much of an impact Hurley and staff must have made on Wong if everyone here was right about how much time and energy Miami had put into recruiting him and that Miami had long been a done deal.

Reaction Score
The timing sure makes it appear Wong was waiting on UConn/Gaffney.

If true, that shows how much of an impact Hurley and staff must have made on Wong if everyone here was right about how much time and energy Miami had put into recruiting him and that Miami had long been a done deal.

Could be. Or could be that he saw a bunch of recruits committing to schools he’s interested in and essentially taking his spot (ie. Gaffney to UConn) so he wanted to lock up Miami

Reaction Score
Could be. Or could be that he saw a bunch of recruits committing to schools he’s interested in and essentially taking his spot (ie. Gaffney to UConn) so he wanted to lock up Miami
I thought scheduling that last minute OV to UConn ahead of Bouk and Gaffney was odd, but his whole recruitment was kind of odd. Anyway, on to the bigs.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This was a done deal over a month ago.
Other than him taking the OV to UConn, and waiting until today to announce (Why, again?), and even allowing the legitimacy of your take, every comment after the announcement and prior to yours struck me as superior to yours.

I wish him well, and us better.

Reaction Score
Also noticed how Bouknight and gaffney got stories from espn, got to be good for recruiting that they’re getting attention from such a public site for lower ranked recruits. Don’t see any other teams getting the same attention unless they’re pulling in top 30 recruits

Reaction Score
I thought scheduling that last minute OV to UConn ahead of Bouk and Gaffney was odd, but his whole recruitment was kind of odd. Anyway, on to the bigs.

Wasn't scheduled last minute. Was booked a few weeks in advance. It seems not all these visits get reported until right before they happen unless a recruit has a schedule of them and gives it out. Or maybe this staff is quieter than most about the planned visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom