Isaiah Wong (CG) in-home 9/11 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Wong (CG) in-home 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting that we’re visiting him so soon after his official visit, does this happen usually? I think this means a commitment may happen soon, whether it be to Miami or uconn

Reaction Score
Interesting that we’re visiting him so soon after his official visit, does this happen usually? I think this means a commitment may happen soon, whether it be to Miami or uconn

That is pretty common.....try to build on any momentum from the visit, plus there on tons of home / school visits taking place this week so only makes sense that they would visit Wong too.

Reaction Score
Interesting to note we have not met with Gaffney. Could be something or could be nothing. Wonder if we like Wong more or think we have a better shot with him.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t read into that. We have an in home visit with Gaffney tomorrow and he still is the most likely PG commit for us.

Do we have any plans to visit with Precious?

Reaction Score
Do we have any plans to visit with Precious?
I’m sure they’ll work their way down south and see Kofi and Achiuwa but they had a few local open gyms and home visits to make this week. So unless they can squeeze both in on Thursday and Friday before Bouknight arrives on campus, that may have to wait until next week. Especially considering that we’re pretty much rolling 4 deep every stop we make at this point.

Edit:

Looks like none of the blue bloods were there for Achiuwa. Wouldn’t worry about us not seeing him yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
upload_2018-9-11_12-58-27.jpeg

Interesting UCLA pick. I will be nervous about himuntil this kid steps foot on our campus next fall for class

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t read into that. We have an in home visit with Gaffney tomorrow and he still is the most likely PG commit for us.
We're going tooth-and-nail against Miami. From what I've heard – and a few others will be able to chime in on this – this weekend's official visit went REALLY well.[/QUOTE]

Would we take Bouknight, Wong AND Gaffney? If that were somehow a possibility (no i don't think it is....)

pj

Reaction Score
Would we take Bouknight, Wong AND Gaffney? If that were somehow a possibility (no i don't think it is....)

Doubt it's possible but ... of course we would. Then we might lose out on a good forward or center in the spring, but you can't turn down a good player.

Reaction Score
WWould we take Bouknight, Wong AND Gaffney? If that were somehow a possibility (no i don't think it is....)
Was thinking about this today - I think UConn would definitely take all three. I don't think there's any overlap between Bouknight and the other two given that he's more of a wing and the other two are combo guards.

For the 2019-2020 roster, the only guards we would have are Brendan Adams (soph.), Alterique Gilbert (rs jr) and Chritian Vital (sr). It's entirely possible that Gilbert graduates after that season and pursue professional opportunities instead of playing out his RS senior year so you're looking at a junior Brendan Adams as the only guard on the 2020-2021 roster. It would be nice to have Wong and Gaffney with a year under their belt to complement Adams.

But, while UConn could definitely use 2 guards like Wong and Gaffney in the same class, I don't know if either Wong or Gaffney would be interested in having another combo guard commit in the same class ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pj

Reaction Score
Was thinking about this today - I think UConn would definitely take all three. I don't think there's any overlap between Bouknight and the other two given that he's more of a wing and the other two are combo guards.

For the 2019-2020 roster, the only guards we would have are Brendan Adams (soph.), Alterique Gilbert (rs jr) and Chritian Vital (sr). It's entirely possible that Gilbert graduates after that season and pursue professional opportunities instead of playing out his RS senior year so you're looking at a junior Brendan Adams as the only guard on the 2020-2021 roster. It would be nice to have Wong and Gaffney with a year under their belt to complement Adams.

But, while UConn could definitely use 2 guards like Wong and Gaffney in the same class, I don't know if either Wong or Gaffney would be interested in having another combo guard commit in the same class ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agree with this but I think Gaffney is more of a point and Wong a combo who can score, and Wong has the flexibility to play PG alongside Bouknight or SG alongside Gaffney. The three together would work.

Reaction Score
They would take both but I get the sense it comes down to who commits first. You already saw gaffney eliminate florida because of a recruit. It's most likely one or the other.
It’s a great problem to have

Reaction Score

I think Wong fell into our lap and we are doing everything we can to land him. A combo guard for sure.

I think we have Gaffney sold on being the next point guard here; he is a very uptempo push guard with excellent quickness and speed plus scoring abilities. Hurley wants to attack on offense and push the ball, that's Gaffney. Not sure what we are telling Wong, but Gilbert has 3 years left, but will probably leave when draftable and Vital with 2 years left may leave for an out of country league paycheck possibly after this year, who knows? Bouknight is a pure 2 shooting guard who could also play the wing and I hope he commits soon.

Tre Mann who committed to Florida is listed as a point guard; I can see why Gaffney kaboshed it.

I think it is very possible we land all three. If we do we still are able to sign a high level 4, Akok or Precious or another versatile 4 but one or the other. We will still need to land a center.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I suspect we are planning to play the way KO planned to play, just better. So, I’m sure a few guards are on the wish list.

Reaction Score
Agree with this but I think Gaffney is more of a point and Wong a combo who can score, and Wong has the flexibility to play PG alongside Bouknight or SG alongside Gaffney. The three together would work.
Thinking exactly the same

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Love this staff. They are working their butts off and not declaring anyone a lost cause.
I agree they are working hard but only the results count
Lets see what happens in the next 3 weeks
Fingers Crossed

Reaction Score
We're going tooth-and-nail against Miami. From what I've heard – and a few others will be able to chime in on this – this weekend's official visit went REALLY well.

Based on what I've heard- no one is going tooth and nail with Miami. this kid is not on the fence.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Based on what I've heard- no one is going tooth and nail with Miami. this kid is not on the fence.

Meaning he is coming here or going to Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom