Isaiah Wong (CG) in-home 9/11 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Wong (CG) in-home 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Wong said on insta he's committing this month
Say Wong and Gaffney both commit to UConn, what does that do with the "big 3" we're going after? Wong and Gaffney would put us at 3 with only 5 scholarships total

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Say Wong and Gaffney both commit to UConn, what does that do with the "big 3" we're going after? Wong and Gaffney would put us at 3 with only 5 scholarships total
Guessing you take whoever commits first.

Reaction Score
Those 3, Cofi, and Precious.

Sign me up.

Well, sure, but literally EVERYTHING would have to break in their favor to have that happen, even trading out Wong for Akok.

Reaction Score
i'd be surprised if we don't have more than five scholarships next year. you take everyone you can.

Reaction Score
You take both, but more than likely once 1 commits the other one is going elsewhere

Reaction Score

Nothing because it won't happen. We will have Gilbert, Vital, Adams, Bouknight +1 whoever commits first. That's the guards on the roster. + Sid who is really more of a 2/3 combo.

It would look like this ideally:

5 ballhandlers (Gilbert, Vital, Adams, Bouknight, Gaffney)
5 wings (Polley, Wilson, Akok, Achiuwa, Whaley)
3 Bigs (Mamadou, Kofi, Carlton)

The problem is that Whaley doesn't really fit any of these boxes. He is going to need to develop a wing skillset at his weight, or REALLY bulk up to make it in D1 ball.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I just had to delete several posts with transfer speculation. We do not speculate or discuss any specific scenario for transfer until there is something in the media you can reference. Saying 'someone will probably transfer' is fine. Saying '<specific player> likely won't work out and transfer' is not fine.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How tall are Bouknight, Wong, and Gaffney?

Edit:individually

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Looks like I got deleted. I quoted a logjam of bigs (no one specific) and said a specific player would potentially go pro. Can we not say players will go pro either? Just want to know for whenever Precious commits
I think you said a player could leave early - I considered the player you mentioned and didn't think you would mean Pro for him. I could be wrong, but it sounded like transfer to me. If you want to repost it with the suggestion he could leave early for the league, I could live with that. I'm thinking you wouldn't get much support.

Reaction Score
Nothing because it won't happen. We will have Gilbert, Vital, Adams, Bouknight +1 whoever commits first. That's the guards on the roster. + Sid who is really more of a 2/3 combo.

It would look like this ideally:

5 ballhandlers (Gilbert, Vital, Adams, Bouknight, Gaffney)
5 wings (Polley, Wilson, Akok, Achiuwa, Whaley)
3 Bigs (Mamadou, Kofi, Carlton)

The problem is that Whaley doesn't really fit any of these boxes. He is going to need to develop a wing skillset at his weight, or REALLY bulk up to make it in D1 ball.

Think you’re missing one piece on Whaley which is important with Hurley’s focus on defense. He has very good footwork to guard multiple positions and more than likely potentially the best defender of the bigs. He does need to bulk up but with some improvement could become Boone-esque. Could be a very good offensive rebounder seems to have a knack for the ball but to secure those hands and arms need some strength no doubt.

I could be wrong but still think he’s an important piece.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Think you’re missing one piece on Whaley which is important with Hurley’s focus on defense. He has very good footwork to guard multiple positions and more than likely potentially the best defender of the bigs. He does need to bulk up but with some improvement could become Boone-esque. Could be a very good offensive rebounder seems to have a knack for the ball but to secure those hands and arms need some strength no doubt.

I could be wrong but still think he’s an important piece.

He is the best defender of the bigs (and frankly arguably on the team), is the only one athletic enough to switch consistently , and can cover a wide range of positions.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Being serious, how tall are Bouknight, Wong, and Gaffney individually? Our backcourts since 2013(?) have been undersized even though it’s worked out

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He is the best defender of the bigs (and frankly arguably on the team), is the only one athletic enough to switch consistently , and can cover a wide range of positions.

I don't know f0r sure, but I'd put money on both Gilbert and Smith being better defenders.

And given the scenarios above, I'd take Precious, Akok, and Cockburn in over him on D most likely (also given their other skills).

Reaction Score
Why would Wong commit to us if we already have so many guards going forward next year?

Reaction Score
Why would Wong commit to us if we already have so many guards going forward next year?

Because his other top option, Miami, could potentially have more guards than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom