Isabelle Harrison Lady Vols out with ACL | The Boneyard

Isabelle Harrison Lady Vols out with ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/021615aab.html

Big Loss for the Lady Vols. Still a team with talent, but now probably not enough to make a run at the F4.

Another question is how will this impact Isabelle's draft status. Before her injury, she's a first round pick. Is she still 1st round as she'll most likely miss this year's WNBA season

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Ouch again. Just terrible for her and the team. The Vols will now have to reset their team to a whole new situation which they did in second half against KY but is tough to keep going through the rest of the season. Bit of a jinx from the selection committee's early assignment of a #1 seed for UTenn.

Reaction Score
My heart breaks for Izzy. She has worked so hard to become a top player. I know she will be back and playing in the WNBA. She's too tough to fold. Now, it's time for the youngins to grow up and step in to larger roles. Even so, it's mind boggling that TN has several top players sitting on the bench. (Izzy, Jasmine Jones, Mercedes, Jordan Reynolds, Diamond (not inured but unavailable)) Injuries happen but the Lady Vols have been completely decimated by injuries over the past several years. Very sad for them.

Reaction Score

Big Loss for the Lady Vols. Still a team with talent, but now probably not enough to make a run at the F4.

Another question is how will this impact Isabelle's draft status. Before her injury, she's a first round pick. Is she still 1st round as she'll most likely miss this year's WNBA season
My guess is her situation will be like Achonwa's last year with respect to the draft. Perhaps she fares a little better as this year's class is a bit weaker.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My guess is her situation will be like Achonwa's last year with respect to the draft. Perhaps she fares a little better as this year's class is a bit weaker.
Yes, and Tamika Catchings as well. Too many great players ending their college careers on the bench due to injuries :(

Reaction Score
I still can't think of that many seniors I'd take over her. IMHO, she's still going top 5. Regardless, this really sucks for her and for Tennessee.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
So sad. All the best to Izzy in her recovery.

Reaction Score

If WNBA teams are smart, and at least one team will be smart, she'll be drafted in the first round with the idea she'll really make an impact in the second year in the league.

Reaction Score

I believe it was Catchings that had a season ending injury and was still drafted. So unfortunate. Wish Izzy a speedy recovery!

Reaction Score
Sad sad news! Izzy is one of my favorite non-husky players. Wish her a full recovery and hopefully some WNBA team takes this hard working player in the first round as she'll be a good one!

Reaction Score
Sadly, this is being described as "career ending." I hope that means "college career." I witnessed it and it was horrible. Your support and prayers for Izzy are appreciated and have been acknowledged as such by posters on The Summitt.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
This is another big name in a long list of young women who have lost lots of time to this dreaded injury. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery for her so she can play in the pros.

Reaction Score
My heart goes out to Izzy...... Never a fan of the LVs, but admire her grit and determination coming back from last injury, and I am sure she will apply herself similarly with this ACL.

Keep the vhin up Izzy...... you are a wonderful player, and I want to see you in action again soon!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is terrible. God Bless her .

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Crappy news. Izzy comes across as a fighter so I hope she's able to battle back and have a long pro career.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yeah Catchings had a acl and was drafted. She sat out that year. Then started the next year. Izzy news isnt what I wanted too hear. I hope she recovers fully and has a great career in the WNBA.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder if a prior injury was not allowed to heal as much as it should. She had a sprained knee in mid-November, and now an ACL. Also reminds me of RG3 last year. Sometimes, the pressure of too much too soon takes over.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I hate to read that and especially in a kids senior campaign. Good luck Isabelle. Some smart WNBA coach will draft her and cash in the following year, I'm sure. She is a talented young woman.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is this her first or 2nd injury to that knee? I recall reading it was the "same knee that she had the brace on". Either way just terrible - wish her a full and speedy recovery. It's got to be so heartbreaking for a kid with a lot of talent to work so hard and see their college career end that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom