Is Saturday the biggest day for this program since the 2014 natty? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Is Saturday the biggest day for this program since the 2014 natty?

Reaction Score
I remember leaving the PCC after some brutal losses and the PC fans were brutal. I hate them and their school (not their coach). But when newbies here give PC the wave of the hand, I think they are being disrespectful to those who came before. UConn-PC games are wars.
You are correct that PC always played us tough and our younger crowd cannot possibly know what the heydays of the Calhoun era was like.
I remember leaving the PCC after some brutal losses and the PC fans were brutal. I hate them and their school (not their coach). But when newbies here give PC the wave of the hand, I think they are being disrespectful to those who came before. UConn-PC games are wars.
Our younger fans cannot possibly have a concept of rthe heydays of the Calhoun era when we battled PC after all that was prior to their conception. Yes we usually beat them but not a stroll by the lake on a lazy afternoon.

Reaction Score
The atmosphere at this game was unbelievable. Ryan Gomes mother was seated about 40 feet from the student section, which was quite unfortunate for her.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My favorite PCC memory was in 1990. UConn coming in on a high after recently beating two Top 5 teams. PC needing a win to keep their tourney hopes alive. "It's Midnight Cinderella" read more than one sign in the feisty crowd. UConn went on to win by double digits as the early-emptying PC fans were serenaded to a raucous "P-C N-I-T! P-C N-I-T! " I started that chant. That's not a humble brag, it's a brag.

Reaction Score
We are down a major scorer and rebounder so I don’t get any overconfidence on this game, in fact it’s probably pick ‘em even though we’re home.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can’t remember the fan base being more excited for a game since then. Full house…. National TV… Huskies. PC fans in the building beware…

As to your question, no.

Reaction Score
Providence fan welcoming us back to the Big East

Attachments

• gifntext-gif (1).gif
    gifntext-gif (1).gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 136
Reaction Score

I have no doubt you can hang. I think this will be a telling game for both teams let’s see what happens.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have no problems giving PC fans the high hat, they suck, their decade of excellence was 50 years ago. But UConn-PC games are always a rock fight, I'm already feeling it through my Omeprazole. The beers go down faster at PC games and I have to go out after. I'm really hoping the 3's are falling.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They put me right in the middle of friar nation. But I’m going to carry the flag!!!

Reaction Score
The biggest game since the 2014 National Championship (which I attended)? Let’s hope not.

Reaction Score
Us veteran fans kept telling the Mewbies here that Providence always plays us tough. We are down by 11 at half time. I have seen Huskies come back from worse but this of course ain’t good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom