Is Saturday the biggest day for this program since the 2014 natty? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is Saturday the biggest day for this program since the 2014 natty?

Reaction Score
Yeah, but UConn-PC games are intense in person.
Thanks. that is my take on Providence vs UCONN. It was intense but the Friars did not turn the other cheek as a guy from long ago once said…

Reaction Score
Over 30 years UCONN won 29 games vs 18 loses to PC. I agree but the games were intense in my opinion.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Biggest games I can remember:
1. Maryland in 2021 tourney - obvious reasons but also for Hurley to take next step, recruiting moment on big stage
2. Syracuse win in Hurley's first year - rival, establish confidence in Hurley as a coach, recruiting moment against a NE recruiting foe

This Providence game might not even be top 15 or 20 for me.

Reaction Score
I'll have a good time... but no.

Should be a loud sellout. First non-cupcake in almost 2 years.

Reaction Score
Biggest games I can remember:
1. Maryland in 2021 tourney - obvious reasons but also for Hurley to take next step, recruiting moment on big stage
2. Syracuse win in Hurley's first year - rival, establish confidence in Hurley as a coach, recruiting moment against a NE recruiting foe

This Providence game might not even be top 15 or 20 for me.
I don't think anyone is talking in terms of importance. More so in terms of excitement. This is our fans first time back in the building for a Big East game. Add into that we are ranked with expectations.

Reaction Score
It’s pretty much sold out already
As a Saturday afternoon game that young kids can attend without being out late at night there was a lot of pre buy for that my guess. My grandson got this game as a holiday gift.

Reaction Score
As a Saturday afternoon game that young kids can attend without being out late at night there was a lot of pre buy for that my guess. My grandson got this game as a holiday gift.
I’m going to attempt to get tickets this evening. Wish me luck lol

Reaction Score
The only Friar from our meetings I really remember is John Linnnehan(?). He was a great player, an amazing pest. Fun to watch in a perverted way as he was a thorn in the side of the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Love the swag shown here by many but PC has always been a tough game and this year they've won AT Wisconsin and beat Texas Tech in the Big12 matchup so I'm not so sure we should be writing them off as if they're BCU.
Of course we did beat CCSU by more........

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The only Friar from our meetings I really remember is John Linnnehan(?). He was a great player, an amazing pest. Fun to watch in a perverted way as he was a thorn in the side of the Huskies.
God shamgod?
Ryan Fn Gomes?

Reaction Score
I’m definetly super pumped for this game. So stoked but wouldn’t go as far to say it’s a big game for the program. In my eyes it’s the season opener. OOC went as expected, didn’t exceed or fall short of expectations, time to feast. There’s going to be a handful of fun home games this season.
PC
Xavier (is almost a sellout already)
Seton Hall
Nova
And on the road PC, Nova, St. John’s, Seton Hall. I’ll try and be at all 4 of these weekend road games.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Anyone remember the "Sarcastic Clap" game

university-of-connecticut-basketball-player-donny-marshall-shoots-a-picture-id180592601

st-johns-connecticut-new-york-usa-shutterstock-editorial-6462612c.jpg

Reaction Score
Games versus Providence in the Jim Calhoun days was WW III. Hope we can rekindle that tradition in the Hurley era. Sometimes even more open warfare than against BC. “ Those were the days my friend we thought they would never end………ra ra ra ra ra ra…….”
I remember they we bigger games for Providence than for us .
It was never a game I circled on my I calendar. Cuse, Georgetown, some years Pittsburg.
Too their credit they usually brought their A game.
I don't think anyone is talking in terms of importance. More so in terms of excitement. This is our fans first time back in the building for a Big East game. Add into that we are ranked with expectations.
Heck if we’re going by excitement, I’m off the wall before a game with Coppin State.
Seriously it’s an important game because it’s a home league game against a decent PC team and if you want to contend you “have “to win these games.
If you lose home games to teams in the middle of the pack then this could be a very disappointing year.

Reaction Score
Anyone remember the "Sarcastic Clap" game

university-of-connecticut-basketball-player-donny-marshall-shoots-a-picture-id180592601

st-johns-connecticut-new-york-usa-shutterstock-editorial-6462612c.jpg
YES !,,,, On Donny Marshall. That was one of it not the Dumbest call by any official. The official should have received the AAA award - Annual Anus Association award.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember leaving the PCC after some brutal losses and the PC fans were brutal. I hate them and their school (not their coach). But when newbies here give PC the wave of the hand, I think they are being disrespectful to those who came before. UConn-PC games are wars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom