Is Saturday the biggest day for this program since the 2014 natty? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is Saturday the biggest day for this program since the 2014 natty?

Reaction Score
It's almost sold out now. Only the last few rows of the upper end zone along with some scattered singles.
I know, i get paid tuesday. Im hoping some tickets are still available. I need 2 lol

Reaction Score
Come Saturday, yes. "We play today, we win today...das it."

Reaction Score
Depending on rankings, I'll put a Big East Conference Championship Game before a round 1 NCAA game. Those BE Banners look marvelous.
You could be right if you lose in the Big Show.
However there is only one real prize in college basketball
and you can’t get their without winning
64,32,16,8, 4,2
Survive and advance
I was researching the middle 90’s and frankly didn’t remember winning league titles or tourney titles. I did remember losing heartbreaking NCAA games those years.
The 90 tourney title was memorable , our first, but even that was nothing compared to “the shot “ to beat Clemson or the Crushing loss to Duke. 2011 , 5 in 5 days was also memorable but more so as a prelude to what became inevitable.
Our many more league championships are pretty blurry.
2009 we lost in the first round of the BE , finished 2nd in the league tourney but made the FF
I’ll take that exchange.
2006 we were 30-4 won the Big East
and are only remembered as the underachieving team that lost to George Mason.
Winning your league is like having a hit play at the Schubert in New Haven It means nothing if you take to NY and bomb.
Success in the Tournament is making it on Broadway and nothing beats succeeding on the big stage.
We’re UConn we’ve been to the top of the mountain 4 times and the view from there is addictive.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to a 90's style atmosphere in a sold out HCC. The type of crowd that helps with recruiting

I don't see us leaving with 15 minutes left to drown in our sorrows at Black Eyed Sally's when Nova went up like 30 on us

We're back

Reaction Score
2006 we were 30-4 won the Big East
and are only remembered as the underachieving team that lost to George Mason.
Winning your league is like having a hit play at the Schubert in New Haven It means nothing if you take to NY and bomb.
Success in the Tournament is making it on Broadway and nothing beats succeeding on the big stage.

We’re UConn we’ve been to the top of the mountain 4 times and the view from there is addictive.
I did not see that simile coming

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
It may be if you believe Goodmans rakings - #19 Providence @ #24 UConn :confused:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
lol no

Maybe the most exciting? Especially the anticipation

Reaction Score
Why do we do silly $#!t like this? The half dozen or so PC lurkers are going to take this back to whatever board they post on and claim they are in our heads and we view them above any other rival (that in itself is unimportant as they can promote any delusions they want in their board).

What it will do is provide the handful of their fans (who, when they feel brave, start annoying us on this board claiming the programs are peers and that each needs the other) sufficient internet cajones to return here for a week or so.
Why do you care what 2 dozen PC Fans think about Boneyarders? Even if they were in OUR head I am sure the players don't care what's in OUR head and will be just fine..

Reaction Score
lol no

Maybe the most exciting? Especially the anticipation
That’s what I meant originally. Then everyone went big brain and reminded me that a game in December isn’t as valuable as the NCAA tournament

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to a 90's style atmosphere in a sold out HCC. The type of crowd that helps with recruiting
It will be. 5:00pm on a Saturday? The "suits" are going to be hammered.

Reaction Score
First game I circled on the calendar. Whether or not its actually the biggest game - cannot wait for big east hoops in a full house.

Hartford, lets bring the dam NOISE

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think a few Yarders need to learn how to enjoy the ride

Some get all worked up about a short handed tough road loss, and others (maybe the same people) downplay the significance of a sold out home conference game against a local rival

To the moon Alice

the-honeymooners-ralph-kramden.gif

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's obviously nowhere close, but I hope the players feel that way.

Reaction Score
It's the most important game on the schedule this week!!!

Reaction Score
I can’t remember the fan base being more excited for a game since then. Full house…. National TV… Huskies. PC fans in the building beware…
Games versus Providence in the Jim Calhoun days was WW III. Hope we can rekindle that tradition in the Hurley era. Sometimes even more open warfare than against BC. “ Those were the days my friend we thought they would never end………ra ra ra ra ra ra…….”

Reaction Score
PC has never been the biggest game in any season.

Well, maybe for the Friars but never for us.
I recall those games being a battle. No not the same as against GeorgeTown but Providence and UConn spilled blood. Well mostly figuratively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom