Is Ollie Serious | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is Ollie Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Annnnnd, there it is. I can't believe it took this long.

The suit was fine but the color choice is questionable.

It took this long because the majority of Americans are ignorant and distasteful.

H

huskymagic

If Rick Pitino wears this suit he's tacky but admired for being brash. An African American wears this suit and he looks like a pimp. How disgusting and inappropriate. And offensive.

Do the yard a favor and head to the women's forum where there are safe zones galore and take Paesano with you. I compared Ollie's suit to Bob Diaco pimp pants and to Pitino's restaurant manners: only 1 of them is African American last I checked. Go read all of my posts on this thread to become more informed. My opinion on the matter is how the rest of the nation is looking at us and our head coach that when your team is playing this bad, you don't wear that type of Bob Diaco type suit to enhance negative perceptions that exist currently about our program and its future. It shows lack of seriousness and a lack of somberness to what's happening on the court and what has happened to our university regarding realignment. It's really that simple even though I know its hard for you to comprehend.

Reaction Score
Do the yard a favor and head to the women's forum where there are safe zones galore and take Paesano with you. I compared Ollie's suit to Bob Diaco pimp pants and to Pitino's restaurant manners: only 1 of them is African American last I checked. Go read all of my posts on this thread to become more informed. My opinion on the matter is how the rest of the nation is looking at us and our head coach that when your team is playing this bad, you don't wear that type of Bob Diaco type suit to enhance negative perceptions that exist currently about our program and its future. It shows lack of seriousness and a lack of somberness to what's happening on the court and what has happened to our university regarding realignment. It's really that simple even though I know its hard for you to comprehend.

Do me a favor you ignoramous and meet me for a one on one boxing session. Let's see how tough you are chief.

Reaction Score

If you can't see the inappropriateness of your post then you're more ignorant then I imagined. If that's even possible.

Reaction Score
Diaco's "pimp pants" are Nantucket reds. Ollie's "pimp suit" is an $1800 designer Italian suit. Just give it a rest man.

C

Chief00

If Rick Pitino wears this suit he's tacky but admired for being brash. An African American wears this suit and he looks like a pimp. How disgusting and inappropriate. And offensive.

Pitino is a sleezebag with or without the suit.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
That's not a " pimp" suit and we only have 7-8 players. Only two of those should be starting at this point and only one of those players is a point guard. Thank you and goodnight.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
The suits not bad. If anything I wouldn't say
"Pimp". I'd go with "southern funeral home director " but I didn't notice it until now.

C

Chief00

Perimeter defense was not on Rodney first half. Quite a bit of missed assignments between Vital, Adams and Jackson, particularly between Vital and Jackson which is to be expected from freshmen playing against a more talented team. Rodney is by far and away the best overall defender on this team with some brilliant exceptions when Amida plays out of his mind.

What's promising is that they made big adjustments, particularly Vital. Vance missed at least two assignments when UConn was making a run but neither resulted in points.

I thought Amida had a great game relative to what we can expect from him. Had Rodney and Jalen played their average game UConn wins because of him. That's the problem with this team. They struggle to get even their average game from enough players. Last game Kentan was in a funk and this game he was great.

Glen Miller's gimmick defenses the first half had everyone confused - that is everyone on UConn!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What the hell is going on in here?

C

Chief00

"Pimp". I'd go with "southern funeral home director " but I didn't notice it until now.
I like the suit. This is all so silly - especially when you have Glen Miller sitting next to KO wearing his game day red socks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
John you've gone over to the dark side. This is the type of suit to wear if you're going to Pitino a woman at the restaurant then this would be the suit to do it. When your team is consistently unprepared against decent teams and your record is what it is at a place like UCONN, you don't wear that to a nationally televised game. It shows a lack of seriousness. Do you see Geno wear that to games? No. Why not, because Geno is serious and has respect for himself and his image. I am not saying it had any impact on the game, but it's not a good look. No major program fears or respects us now, and when you have a head coach donning that type of outfit when your team is discombobulated it is doubly worse. That is Bob Diaco type of stupidity. I am glad that some of the boneyard members wives loved Ollie's outfit because that's the arena it belongs in.

PS: Elevate UCONN Standards

No, that suit is white. To hide the dribble.

OB-SK929_0330pi_G_20120330131225.jpg

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This is racist. Disgusting and not amusing. This is racist and offensive.

No it's not.

In fact, it's one of a million similar halloween costumes. If you type 'pimp suit' into google, you'll get endless pics of similar getups you can purchase for your next costume party. Enjoy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

hahahaha gold.

Reaction Score
Addressing the whole Purvis Ferrari quote. I think Rodney is a very good player both offensively and defensively and generally carries his share of the load and more even. I have wondered if the Ferrari quote was directly related to how fast he is on the break.

H

huskymagic

No, that suit is white. To hide the dribble.

OB-SK929_0330pi_G_20120330131225.jpg

LOL. The difference between Pitino and Ollie is that Pitino has proven himself, his teams don't have a pattern of consistently poor play, and Louisville is in the ACC. Our situation is much more precarious. The point still stands.

Reaction Score
LOL. The difference between Pitino and Ollie is that Pitino has proven himself, his teams don't have a pattern of consistently poor play, and Louisville is in the ACC. Our situation is much more precarious. The point still stands.
I mean your point "stands" but it's still an ignorant post. There's so much to complain about and you chose his suit? It's just weird man. No one gave a damn about his suit. No recruit, player, coach, commentator, fan (besides you). You are literally the "ONLY" one who cared. The saying goes "If you think everyone in the room is crazy, then maybe your the crazy one"

Reaction Score
We were bullied. On offense. They powered to the rim and cleaned up. Where will our muscle be next year? Durham looks weak.

Reaction Score
This is racist. Disgusting and not amusing.

This is racist and offensive.

You're either trolling, or you're an idiot. If you're really offended by those posts then you should probably do your part for global warming and reduce carbon emissions by holding your breath until you go face down. Pathetic.

Reaction Score
Seems like quite a few posters have developed a false sense of confidence...let me ask. Would any of you speak to KO and tell him he looks like a pimp in any particular suit he might wear?

KO doesn't shop at JC Penny's and some Boneyarders have an issue?. Of all the possible descriptions that might have been used for a suit - pimp was not the one. It truly reflects how simple and ignorant you are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer