Is Ollie Serious | The Boneyard

Is Ollie Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

The question needs to be asked is Ollie serious going to a nationally televised game wearing a pimp suit and expected to be taken seriously? I have never seen a respected and feared coach wear that to a game.

SMU Thoughts--

SMU is a good team with good players and a good coach. Milton, Ojeleye, and Moore are ballers with high IQs.

---Kentan and Amida were both special on the offensive and defensive side respectfully. The battle for the boards was even.

--Jalen Adams needs to play better in these type of games. You can't have your supposed best player playing that bad before he twists his ankle. This game was lost early.
--Vance and Vital played very well especially in the second half and you cant really ask much more from them.
--Rod having another Rod game shooting horribly. Defense on the perimeter was especially bad in the first half and was the difference in the game.

Reaction Score
I didn't even notice the suit. I was watching the game.

My wife would have probably pointed it out to me though if she would have peeked.

Reaction Score
The question needs to be asked is Ollie serious going to a nationally televised game wearing a pimp suit and expected to be taken seriously? I have never seen a respected and feared coach wear that to a game.

SMU Thoughts--

SMU is a good team with good players and a good coach. Milton, Ojeleye, and Moore are ballers with high IQs.

---Kentan and Amida were both special on the offensive and defensive side respectfully. The battle for the boards was even.

--Jalen Adams needs to play better in these type of games. You can't have your supposed best player playing that bad before he twists his ankle. This game was lost early.
--Vance and Vital played very well especially in the second half and you cant really ask much more from them.
--Rod having another Rod game shooting horribly. Defense on the perimeter was especially bad in the first half and was the difference in the game.
Your point about what Ollie was wearing really is pretty weak. Who cares what any coach wears on the sidelines?

That said, I agree with the rest of your points. What stood out most clearly to me between the two teams was SMU's basketball IQ. They seemed to always be in the right spot to make the right play at the right time. Never saw them panic and their players never really tried to do anything outside of their skillsets. On our side, 28 games into the season and we still suffer from a lot of the same maladies that have plagued us all year. I guess expecting it or hoping it will change at this point is foolish on our part as fans. Brimah still has no hands and is useless in the low post on offense. Rodney takes bad shots at the wrong times, Enoch is lost on defense, etc, etc. Facey played his butt off, Vital had his moments and Jackson was good more than he was bad, but our margin of error is just so thin, and then once we lose Jalen, we pretty much lose our chance to win. I'm hoping once we get rid of the guys who have proven they can't improve next year, we will have some serious upside from the minutes that guys like Jackson, Vital and even Durham are getting this year. And then desperately hope we can develop some chemistry, because that has been sorely missing since 2014 and we all saw what chemistry can do to a team with maybe not the best collection of talent.

Reaction Score
Milton going off in the first half was the difference

Yeah his first half performance emphasized to me that we lack a lock down defender. Lyman Depriest type. The 2nd half he was 'cold' but not necessarily from our defense, although Vital stepped up to the challenge, should have been Rodney (our Senior) though.

His first half production allowed them to 'skate' the 2nd half or at least play even basketball. Very frustrating.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

SMU Thoughts--

This point is beyond comical in all areas
AB was special on the offensive end?????????????????????????????????
Difference in the game was RPs defense - yeah OK
Your comment on KO's suit - if you bashers can't get him on one thing lets go in another direction

If UConn had a real 5 that would have been the difference - playing some D for a 5 minute span in the 2nd half doesn't make one special

SMU is a tough match-up for most any team
UConn came up with a game effort in the 2nd half

Last edited by a moderator:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah his first half performance emphasized to me that we lack a lock down defender. Lyman Depriest type. The 2nd half he was 'cold' but not necessarily from our defense, although Vital stepped up to the challenge, should have been Rodney (our Senior) though.

His first half production allowed them to 'skate' the 2nd half or at least play even basketball. Very frustrating.
The way they play and with the way they were hitting their shots 1 lock down defender would not have made any difference and doubt that LD would have been hanging with Milton anyway

H

huskymagic

Amida special on defense and Kentan special on offense. Rod was bad on offense and on defense especially first half. The whole perimeter group had a bad defensive first half. Jalen Adams deserves a lot of criticism as well. Shake Milton is better than him right now and it shows on their teams performance and ours.

What great coach in the college games(Calhoun,Wright, K, Calimari, Self, Izzo, Boeheim, Williams, etc) wears that to a game. That suit is a reflection of his lack of seriousness. He is pathetic and embarrassing us. Battling through adversity is another Olliesm right up there with all the incredible Diacolisms.

PS: SMU is a good team with good players and a good coach so losing them is not unexpected. I am concerned about what we are doing, showing, and representing out there.

Reaction Score
The one response to the OP that I expected hasn't come yet. You guys are disappointing me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't care what he wears. By the end of the first half, SMU had completely undressed him anyway.

I'd like it if his team would come out at least half as well put together as his outfits.

Reaction Score
Your point about what Ollie was wearing really is pretty weak. Who cares what any coach wears on the sidelines?

That said, I agree with the rest of your points. What stood out most clearly to me between the two teams was SMU's basketball IQ. They seemed to always be in the right spot to make the right play at the right time. Never saw them panic and their players never really tried to do anything outside of their skillsets. On our side, 28 games into the season and we still suffer from a lot of the same maladies that have plagued us all year. I guess expecting it or hoping it will change at this point is foolish on our part as fans. Brimah still has no hands and is useless in the low post on offense. Rodney takes bad shots at the wrong times, Enoch is lost on defense, etc, etc. Facey played his butt off, Vital had his moments and Jackson was good more than he was bad, but our margin of error is just so thin, and then once we lose Jalen, we pretty much lose our chance to win. I'm hoping once we get rid of the guys who have proven they can't improve next year, we will have some serious upside from the minutes that guys like Jackson, Vital and even Durham are getting this year. And then desperately hope we can develop some chemistry, because that has been sorely missing since 2014 and we all saw what chemistry can do to a team with maybe not the best collection of talent.
Go on the football board and try to tell people that about Diaco's pants.

Reaction Score
What great coach in the college games(Calhoun,Wright, K, Calimari, Self, Izzo, Boeheim, Williams, etc) wears that to a game. That suit is a reflection of his lack of seriousness. He is pathetic and embarrassing us. Battling through adversity is another Olliesm right up there with all the incredible Diacolisms.

This from a guy who's probably wearing cargo shorts and crocs. Don't worry about what people far more successful than you are wearing you unbelievable clown.

Reaction Score
LOL, seriously can't believe someone is complaining about Ollies suit.

H

huskymagic

I don't care what he wears. By the end of the first half, SMU had completely undressed him anyway.

I'd like it if his team would come out at least half as well put together as his outfits.

Fish I agree which is why it is more egregious. Wearing suits like that when your winning and dominating is one thing, but wearing Diaco suits when your team plays like doo doo is quite another. He is becoming like Diaco day by day and is completely out of touch. Calling Rod a Ferrari and calling Enoch one of the best offensive big men in UCONN history already.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Amida special on defense and Kentan special on offense. Rod was bad on offense and on defense especially first half. The whole perimeter group had a bad defensive first half. Jalen Adams deserves a lot of criticism as well. Shake Milton is better than him right now and it shows on their teams performance and ours.

PS: SMU is a good team with good players and a good coach so losing them is not unexpected. I am concerned about what we are doing, showing, and representing out there.
Perimeter defense was not on Rodney first half. Quite a bit of missed assignments between Vital, Adams and Jackson, particularly between Vital and Jackson which is to be expected from freshmen playing against a more talented team. Rodney is by far and away the best overall defender on this team with some brilliant exceptions when Amida plays out of his mind.

What's promising is that they made big adjustments, particularly Vital. Vance missed at least two assignments when UConn was making a run but neither resulted in points.

I thought Amida had a great game relative to what we can expect from him. Had Rodney and Jalen played their average game UConn wins because of him. That's the problem with this team. They struggle to get even their average game from enough players. Last game Kentan was in a funk and this game he was great.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Fish I agree which is why it is more egregious. Wearing suits like that when your winning and dominating is one thing, but wearing Diaco suits when your team plays like doo doo is quite another. He is becoming like Diaco day by day and is completely out of touch. Calling Rod a Ferrari and calling Enoch one of the best offensive big men in UCONN history already.
Are you chief's doppelganger?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This point is beyond comical in all areas
You are pathetic
AB was special on the offensive end?????????????????????????????????
Difference in the game was RPs defense - yeah OK
Your comment on KO's suit - if you bashers can't get him on one thing lets go in another direction

If UConn had a real 5 that would have been the difference - playing some D for a 5 minute span in the 2nd half doesn't make one special

SMU is a tough match-up for most any team
UConn came up with a game effort in the 2nd half

1 point by a senior starting center is pretty special.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Let's make a pack. If UConn wins the AAC tourney we all buy red pants and wear them in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom