Is Ollie Serious | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is Ollie Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fish I agree which is why it is more egregious. Wearing suits like that when your winning and dominating is one thing, but wearing Diaco suits when your team plays like doo doo is quite another. He is becoming like Diaco day by day and is completely out of touch. Calling Rod a Ferrari and calling Enoch one of the best offensive big men in UCONN history already.
Did he just lose out again on a couple of key recruits? Just wondering.

Reaction Score
The question needs to be asked is Ollie serious going to a nationally televised game wearing a pimp suit and expected to be taken seriously? I have never seen a respected and feared coach wear that to a game.

SMU Thoughts--

SMU is a good team with good players and a good coach. Milton, Ojeleye, and Moore are ballers with high IQs.

---Kentan and Amida were both special on the offensive and defensive side respectfully. The battle for the boards was even.

--Jalen Adams needs to play better in these type of games. You can't have your supposed best player playing that bad before he twists his ankle. This game was lost early.
--Vance and Vital played very well especially in the second half and you cant really ask much more from them.
--Rod having another Rod game shooting horribly. Defense on the perimeter was especially bad in the first half and was the difference in the game.

Pimp suit? That's what you think a "pimp suit" is. My god there are some cretins lurking here. This is what a "red pimp suit" is. You sir are a dolt.

Redirect Notice

Note the cane... to keep his ho's in check.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Is that purple? I didn't even notice during the game.

1850x1041
Neither did .I guess I don't pay attention. Oh look. Adams tag is hanging out. Unprofessional to say the least. That tag caused drag when he was on fast breaks. No wonder this team needs improvement.
this team needs improvement.

Reaction Score
Pimp suit? Really magic, you were already consistently the biggest joke on this board with your ridiculous basketball thoughts now your fashion thoughts?

Just stop, really nothing you say ever makes sense.

H

huskymagic

Seems like quite a few posters have developed a false sense of confidence...let me ask. Would any of you speak to KO and tell him he looks like a pimp in any particular suit he might wear?

KO doesn't shop at JC Penny's and some Boneyarders have an issue?. Of all the possible descriptions that might have been used for a suit - pimp was not the one. It truly reflects how simple and ignorant you are.

Terry calling somebody a "pimp" can have both a positive or negative connotation depending how you use it. Your attempt at moralizing truly reflects how simple you are. I said wearing that suits reflects lack of seriousness about whats happening on the court and what has happened to our university in realignment. The suit is bad mojo. Going from one clown(Diaco) to one approaching him(Ollie) is concerning considering our situation.
Example: " How you doing pimp" : Positive
Example: "Pimp did you Pitino your date": Positive LOL

Reaction Score
Terry calling somebody a "pimp" can have both a positive or negative connotation depending how you use it. Your attempt at moralizing truly reflects how simple you are. I said wearing that suits reflects lack of seriousness about whats happening on the court and what has happened to our university in realignment. The suit is bad mojo. Going from one clown(Diaco) to one approaching him(Ollie) is concerning considering our situation.
Example: " How you doing pimp" : Positive
Example: "Pimp did you Pitino your date": Positive LOL

Head bang

H

huskymagic

Did he just lose out again on a couple of key recruits? Just wondering.

He certainly didn't help himself with David Duke yesterday.

Pimp suit? Really magic, you were already consistently the biggest savant on this board with your Incredible basketball thoughts now your fashion thoughts

Fixed. Watch Suits and see if anyone on the show wears that clown suit. Ask Geno if he wears that suit or Calhoun. Of course they don't because the're serious and half respect for their image and how the world perceives them. Of course I am taking the suit thing a bit too seriously, but he's approaching Diaco status with his hyperbole of players, wearing that, and lack of team performance on the court.

PS: Why did the university give Ollie a 5 year extension that was done secretly and we found out about it 2 months after the facts in a hushed manner. Not exactly a ringing endorsement there

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
What great coach in the college games(Calhoun,Wright, K, Calimari, Self, Izzo, Boeheim, Williams, etc) wears that to a game. That suit is a reflection of his lack of seriousness. He is pathetic and embarrassing us. Battling through adversity is another Olliesm right up there with all the incredible

You mean what old white guy dresses like a young urban black guy? None- Wow!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No it's not.

In fact, it's one of a million similar halloween costumes. If you type 'pimp suit' into google, you'll get endless pics of similar getups you can purchase for your next costume party. Enjoy.

Sorry Int but the inability to understand that that different folks and subcultures have different fashion tastes is part of what prejudice is. To jump to a stereotype of pimp confirms that. There was no floppy hat or walking stick. Just a very nice jacket in an unusual color.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sorry Int but the inability to understand that that different folks and subcultures have different fashion tastes is part of what prejudice is. To jump to a stereotype of pimp confirms that. There was no floppy hat or walking stick. Just a very nice jacket in an unusual color.

Exactly, and that's the whole point. If you read my post, it essentially says that, given the OP's outrage at what is a normal suit (and the fact he called it a pimp suit) , I would have thought it was something as ludicrous as what I posted. What I posted is a pimp suit. Not what Ollie was wearing. This ain't that hard to pick up in reading the post.

H

huskymagic

You know what's more interesting about this, it's the fact that in 2013 and 2014 when we had Napier, Boat, Daniels, and Giffey and we we were a good team, I never saw Ollie wear this type of suit. After that since he solidified his place at UCONN and won a title with Calhoun's players and got a hefty 5 year deal he has been donning these type of outfits at least once a year. What changed besides the size of the paycheck and his divorce?

PS: @david, Calhoun may be an old white guy, but he has more swagger and is "cooler" than Kevin Ollie will ever be, he doesn't need a suit to show that. You and a few others attempt to make every critique of Ollie racial is the problem. Not winning and not being mindful of what our university has gone through will invite criticism. The incredible sensitivity by some here regarding Ollie is funny. Where was all this moral outrage when people were hammering Diaco, justifiably so, on a daily basis. Go re-read my posts in this thread.

Reaction Score
You know what's more interesting about this, it's the fact that in 2013 and 2014 when we had Napier, Boat, Daniels, and Giffey and we we were a good team, I never saw Ollie wear this type of suit. After that since he solidified his place at UCONN and won a title with Calhoun's players and got a hefty 5 year deal he has been donning these type of outfits at least once a year. What changed besides the size of the paycheck and his divorce?

PS: @david, Calhoun may be an old white guy, but he has more swagger and is "cooler" than Kevin Ollie will ever be, he doesn't need a suit to show that. You and a few others attempt to make every critique of Ollie racial is the problem. Not winning and not being mindful of what our university has gone through will invite criticism. The incredible sensitivity by some here regarding Ollie is funny. Where was all this moral outrage when people were hammering Diaco, justifiably so, on a daily basis. Go re-read my posts in this thread.
Please stop.

H

huskymagic

It's so great that the person going crazy in multiple posts about something as totally irrelevant as the color of Ollie's suit would then say this:
Your total lack of self awareness really pays off sometimes.
You know its a good thread when 7774 makes an appearance. Good cherry picking of that line, I should have more carefully crafted that one knowing you were on the prowl LOL although you know I had a different meaning in mind.

PS: Daniel Radcliffe's suit at a Harry Potter premier is exactly where that suit belongs where he probably Pitinoed one of those adoring fans behind him. I never said its a bad looking suit, it belongs in a different place than on the sidelines at UCONN where our teams have not looked good last 3 years now and have suffered from realignment. If Ollie's team was half as prepared as his suit, I wouldn't care one bit. If Ollie makes the NCAA tournament this year, you will not hear me criticize his coaching acumen again. If he has a dominant year next year same thing applies.

Reaction Score
... is Ollie serious going to a nationally televised game wearing a pimp suit...."

OK, I'll take the bait. Here is a photo of a group of 2015 NBA draft picks who 1-4 years before that were potential recruits. They think this is the NBA look. Maybe their taste is more important and natural to KO than yours?

Also, I am amazed by the choice of the words "pimp suit." Sorry, that is inescapably racially insensitive and indicative of a high degree of ignorance. A "pimp" is "a man who controls prostitutes and arranges clients for them, taking part of their earnings in return." There are no pimps in college basketball that I know of other than the former graduate assistant coach at Louisville and whoever made arrangements for Laurie Fine. But, KO? No!!!

Would it seem right to you to say that a Pitino or Calamari wore a mobster suit? Same idea. Edit yourself.

NBA draft fashion:
Draft-Fashion-1.jpg

Reaction Score
OK, I'll take the bait. Here is a photo of a group of 2015 NBA draft picks who 1-4 years before that were potential recruits. They think this is the NBA look. Maybe their taste is more important and natural to KO than yours?

Also, I am amazed by the choice of the words "pimp suit." Sorry, that is inescapably racially insensitive and indicative of a high degree of ignorance. A "pimp" is "a man who controls prostitutes and arranges clients for them, taking part of their earnings in return." There are no pimps in college basketball that I know of other than the former graduate assistant coach at Louisville and whoever made arrangements for Laurie Fine. But, KO? No!!!

Would it seem right to you to say that a Pitino or Calamari wore a mobster suit? Same idea. Edit yourself.

NBA draft fashion:
Draft-Fashion-1.jpg

Oh good lord, learn to laugh for . I have heard some of Pitino's suits referred to in exactly the same way as you seem to think would be offensive. Guess what? Everyone laughed. The term pimp suit is no different and not offensive to anyone with a brain. What should be offensive is the idea that what the coach was wearing (pimp suit, mafia suit, ridiculous sweater, track suit, etc) would have any effect on their coaching at all.

Reaction Score
Polycom I never said its not fashionable, if I or anyone was going to Pitino a woman at the restaurant this would be the suit to do it. When your team is consistently unprepared against decent teams and your record is what it is at a place like UCONN, you don't wear that to a nationally televised game. It shows a lack of seriousness. Do you see Geno wear that to games? No. Why not, because Geno is serious and has respect for himself and his image.

PS: Gampelcrazies yes as soon as I saw that suit I knew we were going to lose. The bad mojo was too much to overcome lol. It's not so much the suit, its the fact that he wears that while his team looks bad on the court. Nobody myself included would care if we were winning and dominating, but we're not.

I'm not too happy with coaching these last few years but you must not be too classy complaining about the way he is dressed. He dresses pretty classy, and is a classy guy. Wonder what you look like dressed up. DUUUUHHHHHH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom