Is Ollie Serious | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Ollie Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brimah was nowhere near special. He made a few plays and got beat on a few and was out of position on several.

Him being so incapable on the offensive side places such a burden on the other players. Several rebounds were stripped from him because he's so weak and he was beat by smaller, quicker players.

It's a negative for the future that SE can't play ahead of him.

Hopefully SE has a magical offseason.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Your fashion sense is terrible if you have a problem with ollie's suit. It was well tailored , fashionable but subtle.

Reaction Score
I don't give a s*** if he comes out wearing a clown suit.

The problem he has isn't fashion, it's that his teams consistently aren't ready to play and give up huge runs, and that he can't recruit or develop big men (save 1 year of Facey).

Reaction Score
This year is a throw away. Whatever happens the rest of the way happens. If we're at the same place at the end of next season I would seriously hope the university blows up the staff and starts over from scratch.

H

huskymagic

Your fashion sense is terrible if you have a problem with ollie's suit. It was well tailored , fashionable but subtle.

Polycom I never said its not fashionable, if I or anyone was going to Pitino a woman at the restaurant this would be the suit to do it. When your team is consistently unprepared against decent teams and your record is what it is at a place like UCONN, you don't wear that to a nationally televised game. It shows a lack of seriousness. Do you see Geno wear that to games? No. Why not, because Geno is serious and has respect for himself and his image.

PS: Gampelcrazies yes as soon as I saw that suit I knew we were going to lose. The bad mojo was too much to overcome lol. It's not so much the suit, its the fact that he wears that while his team looks bad on the court. Nobody myself included would care if we were winning and dominating, but we're not.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I don't care what he wears. By the end of the first half, SMU had completely undressed him anyway.

I'd like it if his team would come out at least half as well put together as his outfits.
Yep SMU had your favorite run early when when Shake and Bake was killing both Jalen aand Rodney. Vital did a nice job on him though

Reaction Score
Is that purple? I didn't even notice during the game.

1850x1041

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Every player on this team wastes at least 2 offensive possessions per game out of sheer lack of focus or making poor decisions. They also all have at least one defensive lapse that allows an easy basket.

The spread is usually 10-20 points from where just normal errors would land. It shows up really bad in critical situations. The team won't be markedly better next season unless they clean it up.

Reaction Score
Polycom I never said its not fashionable, if I or anyone was going to Pitino a woman at the restaurant this would be the suit to do it. When your team is consistently unprepared against decent teams and your record is what it is at a place like UCONN, you don't wear that to a nationally televised game. It shows a lack of seriousness. Do you see Geno wear that to games? No. Why not, because Geno is serious and has respect for himself and his image.

PS: Gampelcrazies yes as soon as I saw that suit I knew we were going to lose. The bad mojo was too much to overcome lol. It's not so much the suit, its the fact that he wears that while his team looks bad on the court. Nobody myself included would care if we were winning and dominating, but we're not.
The day we start blaming losses on what our coach is wearing is the day we might as well pack it in and call ourselves the Minutemen. Good God man, get a grip on yourself.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I didn't even pay attention to the suit, but looking at the pic above....THAT is the suit you're complaining about?

Given the consternation, I was expecting something along the lines of:

00839_PimpPurple.jpg

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Uh the team wore their alternate gray uniforms today, so Ollie wore his alternate suit which just happened to be burgundy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Milton going off in the first half was the difference

Kinda.

SMU adjusted in the second half when they had Ojeleye back on the floor and just started abusing UConn around the rim.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
didn't even notice him, thinking that's not a good thing, but I'm exhausted and I'm not sure I care

who am I kidding? I can't believe we're going into March and we haven't beaten 1 decent team, not even a heartbreaking loss

being down 5 in the 2nd half is the highlight of our season

Reaction Score
The question needs to be asked is Ollie serious going to a nationally televised game wearing a pimp suit and expected to be taken seriously? I have never seen a respected and feared coach wear that to a game.

SMU Thoughts--

SMU is a good team with good players and a good coach. Milton, Ojeleye, and Moore are ballers with high IQs.

---Kentan and Amida were both special on the offensive and defensive side respectfully. The battle for the boards was even.

--Jalen Adams needs to play better in these type of games. You can't have your supposed best player playing that bad before he twists his ankle. This game was lost early.
--Vance and Vital played very well especially in the second half and you cant really ask much more from them.
--Rod having another Rod game shooting horribly. Defense on the perimeter was especially bad in the first half and was the difference in the game.
You're a ridiculous idiot.

Reaction Score
This year is a throw away. Whatever happens the rest of the way happens. If we're at the same place at the end of next season I would seriously hope the university blows up the staff and starts over from scratch.
No excuses next season.

C

Chief00

Are you chief's doppelganger?
I liked KO's pimp suits - it's actually a very expensive, tailored, custom designer suit worth thousands. When on the road - he actually takes the team to the store.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't care what he wears. By the end of the first half, SMU had completely undressed him anyway.

I'd like it if his team would come out at least half as well put together as his outfits.

My only concern with the suit is that it was the same color as Bob Diaco's pants. I saw that and knew we were in for a rough game.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure Jim Carrey wore that same suit in the movie the "mask"

H

huskymagic

You're a ridiculous idiot.

John you've gone over to the dark side. This is the type of suit to wear if you're going to Pitino a woman at the restaurant then this would be the suit to do it. When your team is consistently unprepared against decent teams and your record is what it is at a place like UCONN, you don't wear that to a nationally televised game. It shows a lack of seriousness. Do you see Geno wear that to games? No. Why not, because Geno is serious and has respect for himself and his image. I am not saying it had any impact on the game, but it's not a good look. No major program fears or respects us now, and when you have a head coach donning that type of outfit when your team is discombobulated it is doubly worse. That is Bob Diaco type of stupidity. I am glad that some of the boneyard members wives loved Ollie's outfit because that's the arena it belongs in.

PS: Elevate UCONN Standards

Reaction Score
The question needs to be asked is Ollie serious going to a nationally televised game wearing a pimp suit and expected to be taken seriously? I have never seen a respected and feared coach wear that to a game.

SMU Thoughts--

SMU is a good team with good players and a good coach. Milton, Ojeleye, and Moore are ballers with high IQs.

---Kentan and Amida were both special on the offensive and defensive side respectfully. The battle for the boards was even.

--Jalen Adams needs to play better in these type of games. You can't have your supposed best player playing that bad before he twists his ankle. This game was lost early.
--Vance and Vital played very well especially in the second half and you cant really ask much more from them.
--Rod having another Rod game shooting horribly. Defense on the perimeter was especially bad in the first half and was the difference in the game.

You're racist man. Enough said.

C

Chief00

John you've gone over to the dark side. This is the type of suit to wear if you're going to Pitino a woman at the restaurant then this would be the suit to do it. When your team is consistently unprepared against decent teams and your record is what it is at a place like UCONN, you don't wear that to a nationally televised game. It shows a lack of seriousness. Do you see Geno wear that to games? No. Why not, because Geno is serious and has respect for himself and his image. I am not saying it had any impact on the game, but it's not a good look. No major program fears or respects us now, and when you have a head coach donning that type of outfit when your team is discombobulated it is doubly worse. That is Bob Diaco type of stupidity. I am glad that some of the boneyard members wives loved Ollie's outfit because that's the arena it belongs in.

PS: Elevate UCONN Standards

Remember when Howie wore his Panama Suits - it was all good - we all got a laugh out of it. Those looked off a discount rack - KO's suits are top notch quality.
Something fashion to complain about - Glen Miller's red socks.

Reaction Score
If Rick Pitino wears this suit he's tacky but admired for being brash. An African American wears this suit and he looks like a pimp. How disgusting and inappropriate. And offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom