Is Nova in a P5? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is Nova in a P5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm still holding out hope that the game happens.

Reaction Score
The PC guys have hitched there wagon to Villanova interesting move. No longer about there team the c7 claim now for fame now rests with the Wildcats the PC teams proxy.

Reaction Score
We did this last year, the three PC guys (FirarJ, seanmc94, and ecasadoSBU) defended the greatness of Nova.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/peecee-vs-nova.53205/page-3

Here we are again, nothing changes, the three trolls are back defending Nova, hopefully it works out better for the tripod this year, because last year was embarrassing.

I'm not a PC guy. so cut the crap. I'm first and foremost a Stony Brook fan (alma mater) followed by Connecticut, and then I'm a college basketball fan.

Villanova was a great team last year and this year is even better. I'm glad that Connecticut went on to beat them. Maybe we can do that again this year?

Good job bringing old threads. Hindsight is 20/20...

Reaction Score
If I had my druthers, I would be in the BE for hoops all the way around, and maybe everything except football. The rivalries are there, not in the absurdity of a league where half of the teams play in front of crowds that look like D3 houses. And I don't see ECU, Houston, Tulane, UCF, etc getting much better. Only Houston has any kind of history in hoops. Imagine going to Greenville tonight and playing not UNC, not NC State, the Dookies, or Wake Forest, but a school which has less basketball tradition than UNC-Wilmington, UNC- Asheville, UNC-Charlotte and UNC-Greensboro in a basketball crazy state. I guess there is at least a chance for a decent crowd in Greenville.

What I would do to watch us go up against Villanova, Georgetown, the Johnnies, and PC. Even Seton Hall looks good now. Even the newbies are OK. I would even get psyched to go to the away games when I could. Great crowds, palpable but controlled animosity, wonderful college hoops atmosphere, noisy venues, Bill Raftery on the call. The BET in the Garden. Does it get better than that?

I did not know we were spoiled, until we found ourselves in this mess. How do we get all this back?

Reaction Score
I'm not a PC guy. so cut the crap. I'm first and foremost a Stony Brook fan (alma mater) followed by Connecticut, and then I'm a college basketball fan.

Villanova was a great team last year and this year is even better. I'm glad that Connecticut went on to beat them. Maybe we can do that again this year?

Good job bringing old threads. Hindsight is 20/20...
The point is you trolls never change, it is a broken record.

It is not hindsight when people say Nova is not that good, and then they lose in he 2nd round, check the definition of the word. UConn fans were right last year, you three trolls were wrong.

I cannot wait until 2016 when you three are back telling us how great Nova is.

Reaction Score
The point is you trolls never change, it is a broken record.

It is not hindsight when people say Nova is not that good, and then they lose in he 2nd round, check the definition of the word. UConn fans were right last year, you three trolls were wrong.

I cannot wait until 2016 when you three are back telling us how great Nova is.

Nova went 29-5 last year and lost in the tourny to the eventual National Champ. They are 26-2 this year. They were a good team last year and are very good again this year. I don't get why you want to discredit a team we beat last year. The better they are, the better it makes us look for beating them.

Reaction Score
I know it wouldn't be 89-61 ;)

I think they're really good, thought so last year too. I now know you guys aren't.

PC has swept Gtown, beat Butler, X, ND, URI and UMass(by 28). All are top 50 RPI.

Ran into a buzz saw last night; it happens. Difference is, we got beat by the #6 team in the country, you got a beatdown from SMU.

I like your implication that UCONN is better than PC this year. Maybe when your AD finds a set of balls this pissing match can get settled on the court instead of on a message board.

Reaction Score
PC has swept Gtown, beat Butler, X, ND, URI and UMass(by 28). All are top 50 RPI.

Ran into a buzz saw last night; it happens. Difference is, we got beat by the #6 team in the country, you got a beatdown from SMU.

I like your implication that UCONN is better than PC this year. Maybe when your AD finds a set of balls this pissing match can get settled on the court instead of on a message board.
We have Texas, Ohio State, Arizona and Georgetown lined up on the schedule.

But yes we are scared to play a team who has not won a meaningful game in 17 years Sean. Very very scared.

Reaction Score
I've heard the verbiage of "major conference" for both the AAC and Big East. P5 is a whole other can of worms though.

Reaction Score
Nova went 29-5 last year and lost in the tourny to the eventual National Champ. They are 26-2 this year. They were a good team last year and are very good again this year. I don't get why you want to discredit a team we beat last year. The better they are, the better it makes us look for beating them.
They were not that good last year, their record was a matter of playing cupcakes, ala the Zags for many years. There was 1 other decent team in the NBE last year, they got went 0-2 against them.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I've heard the verbiage of "major conference" for both the AAC and Big East. P5 is a whole other can of worms though.

In my mind, the following four make up the "next tier" below the P5: AAC, A10, BE, MWC. The rest can go to Pluto for all I care.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Sorry, sean. But we are just not that into you.

I mean, your little bible college is swell and all, but our interests are focused much more on P5 opponents.

Reaction Score
Sorry, sean. But we are just not that into you.

I mean, your little bible college is swell and all, but our interests are focused much more on P5 opponents.
It is funny that the ugly guy is mad that the hot girl will not date him. One day Sean will wake up and look in the mirror and realize he is just the ugly guy.

Reaction Score
They were not that good last year, their record was a matter of playing cupcakes, ala the Zags for many years. There was 1 other decent team in the NBE last year, they got went 0-2 against them.

The Big East conference RPI was number 4 last year and is number 2 this year. I'm no proponent of the Big East, and in no way do I think UConn should consider going back. However, whether you want to admit it or not, Nova was a good team last year.

Reaction Score

Wait, are you implying that we're somehow afraid of Providence? Now that's impressive.

Reaction Score
The Big East conference RPI was number 4 last year and is number 2 this year. I'm no proponent of the Big East, and in no way do I think UConn should consider going back. However, whether you want to admit it or not, Nova was a good team last year.
They were a good team, I did not mean to say they were not, I meant that they were not nearly as good as their record or seed indicated. They were nothing special, and a team with that record generally is thought to be.

Reaction Score

I know I've read quotes from your coach in the past where he stated he has tried to get home and homes set up with many, many different high major teams and never really had much luck. Just out of curiosity, are all those other teams also scared of PC, or are we the only ones who are scared, and all the other teams have a different reason for not agreeing to a home and home?

Reaction Score
C'mon, friarJ. "denigrate ex conference members"!!! Whatever is said on a PC board denigrates your ex conference member, UConn, one whole hell of a lot more than whatever is said about PC, or any other ex BE member here.
Talk about insecure folks, the PC board leads the league. (any, and all leagues)

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
They were a good team, I did not mean to say they were not, I meant that they were not nearly as good as their record or seed indicated. They were nothing special, and a team with that record generally is thought to be.

PC won the tourney, how good could the league really be?

They haven't won a NCAA tourney game since it moved to 64 teams.

Reaction Score

We wouldn't have lost to anyone by 28 points sean. A buzz saw or just seriously out coached? I have no doubt we could beat PC and lose to Yale the next night. Difference in our 2 programs is we don't give up 89, that's just reality! Check out how many Duke got. ;)

You guys blew a tire when you had a chance. Nothing there yet again, you should be used to it by now!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They haven't won a NCAA tourney game since it moved to 64 teams.

They almost won a game last year (losing to a team that lost to us). So they count that as a win.

Reaction Score

:D

Reaction Score
I know I've read quotes from your coach in the past where he stated he has tried to get home and homes set up with many, many different high major teams and never really had much luck. Just out of curiosity, are all those other teams also scared of PC, or are we the only ones who are scared, and all the other teams have a different reason for not agreeing to a home and home?

PC offered to play at UCONN with no return game; you turtled. I guess it was more important to pad your schedule with softies. You had to run the AAC gauntlet

Reaction Score
We wouldn't have lost to anyone by 28 points sean. A buzz saw or just seriously out coached? I have no doubt we could beat PC and lose to Yale the next night. Difference in our 2 programs is we don't give up 89, that's just reality! Check out how many Duke got. ;)

You guys blew a tire when you had a chance. Nothing there yet again, you should be used to it by now!

No, you just lost by 18 to a very pedestrian SMU team.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
PC offered to play at UCONN with no return game; you turtled. I guess it was more important to pad your schedule with softies. You had to run the AAC gauntlet
It speaks volumes about what an attractive opponent you are. And provide a link to this urban myth buzzing around Ed Cooley's brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom