Is Nova in a P5? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Is Nova in a P5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Decent Catholic school league that is 2nd ranked in the country as a conference; and about to put 6 teams into the tourney.

Not the old BE; nothing is. But not too shabby either.

No one said it was shabby. Decent doesn't equal shabby. But those wins earlier in the year proved to put you guys out in front of the reality. You are not the 2nd best league nor the Top 3. Nova may be good enough to win some tourney games but the others, maybe one but not 2. Name the others who can impact the NCAA tourney in any way? I guess we'll see, hope you visit after. By the way you guys in? Solid? Watch your step......

Reaction Score
Really? Which leagues are better top to bottom than the NBE?
I think that Gtown and PC have the potential to make the second weekend. SJU can play with anyone except UK; they could also lose to a HS team.

Pardon me if I didn't take "decent Catholic school league" as a compliment.

Reaction Score
I think that Gtown and PC have the potential to make the second weekend. SJU can play with anyone except UK; they could also lose to a HS team.

The ACC and Big Ten are both better. They are punished by the biggest flaw in the RPI, which is that you are penalized more for having bad teams than you are rewarded for having very good teams. This is the same flaw that the Big East is exploiting this year. You have 0 (or 1, depending upon how you feel about Villanova) very good teams, and 0 (or 1 depending upon how you feel about DePaul) bad teams.

I think every Big East team would have a worse conference record if they played an average ACC or Big Ten schedule vs. the record they have in the Big East.

You guys did have some very good OOC results this year, so you should be credited for that, but it's still a weaker conference than those other 2 in my opinion. It doesn't really matter though. In a month we'll know how good each conference is.

Reaction Score
holars

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Let's see what happens when this "decent catholic league" makes their decision as to enhance scholarship money, or not. If not, this "decent catholic league" won't be able to be competitive with anyone.

Reaction Score

Try winning a NCAAT game for the time in 17 years before talking about the sweet 16.

I hope Brown is not your bracket or you are screwed.

Reaction Score

ACC, B10 and SEC and probably the B12. I don't care if you didn't like the "decent" label. It is what it is. You have a really good solid team and a bunch of teams who may make the tourney but won't see the 2nd weekend. Let me know how greta that is?

Reaction Score
ACC, B10 and SEC and probably the B12. I don't care if you didn't like the "decent" label. It is what it is. You have a really good solid team and a bunch of teams who may make the tourney but won't see the 2nd weekend. Let me know how greta that is?

ACC, no doubt. B12 is debatable. B10, nope. SEC is an absolute joke. Your definition of teams that "may make the tourney"; NBE has 5 locks and 1 team on the fence. March will tell how legit these teams are. OOC schedules have proved the mettle of the NBE; but March is the only test that matters

Reaction Score
ACC, no doubt. B12 is debatable. B10, nope. SEC is an absolute joke. Your definition of teams that "may make the tourney"; NBE has 5 locks and 1 team on the fence. March will tell how legit these teams are. OOC schedules have proved the mettle of the NBE; but March is the only test that matters
No one can take you seriously if you think the NBE is better than the Big12.

You fawn over the RPI cause it says the NBE is good. The Big12 is 1st.

What did losing to BC and Brown in the OOC prove?

Reaction Score
B12, B1G, and ACC are all better. Top to bottom is a bit of a canard, because best league should mean most teams that can compete, not most mediocre teams. I do think the BE's worst teams are better than the worst teams in those leagues, but that hardly matters. The top of those leagues is far and away better than the top of the BE.

Reaction Score
Sooooo, you bring up conference RPI like it's a religion. It's in every post you make defending the Big East. You're on a "Giuliani bringing up 911" level. And now it's debatable that the Big 12, the conference rated ahead of you in the conference RPI, is better than the Big East.

You're probably the most entertaining poster on this board man.

Reaction Score
I did not know we were spoiled, until we found ourselves in this mess. How do we get all this back?[/QUOTE]

Not by dropping football and going to the BE,
There is nothing stopping you from going to MSG to watch our former conference mates.

Please enough with going to the NBE .

Reaction Score
Name brand. Yes, we are the actually heir to the Big East. But they have the name. A lot easier to recruit to a conference called the "Big East" rather than the "American." Secondly, all the Big East teams are basketball focused, have the fan support, and history of being a good program. They might not play on ESPN, but they wouldn't be playing in front of 27 people at Houston either. Wouldn't you rather play at Villanova, Seton Hall, or Marquette as opposed to Memphis, Tulsa, or Houston?

NO

Reaction Score
No one said it was shabby. Decent doesn't equal shabby. But those wins earlier in the year proved to put you guys out in front of the reality. You are not the 2nd best league nor the Top 3. Nova may be good enough to win some tourney games but the others, maybe one but not 2. Name the others who can impact the NCAA tourney in any way? I guess we'll see, hope you visit after. By the way you guys in? Solid? Watch your step.

We have to wait to find out man. These assumptions are dumb. The Big East has measured well against every other conference so far as of now they are the 2nd best conference... I don't understand why the denial... no need to hate them for it. Will they be the second best conference by April? We don't know yet... But right now the Big East IS the second best conference... They have great records against all other major conference... You want to use KenPom or other statistical analysis... fine... But in RPI they are the second best and in OOC winning percentage they are also the second

Reaction Score
No one can take you seriously if you think the NBE is better than the Big12.

You fawn over the RPI cause it says the NBE is good. The Big12 is 1st.

What did losing to BC and Brown in the OOC prove?

Jerry,

If we are playing the RPI game; then the NBE is #2 behind the big12. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows the ACC is the class of college hoops this year.
Since you singled out PC's two worst losses; they proved PC needs to bring it every night to be successful. Beating ND, Umass, URI, Miami and Yale proved that.

Reaction Score
Jerry,

If we are playing the RPI game; then the NBE is #2 behind the big12. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows the ACC is the class of college hoops this year.
Since you singled out PC's two worst losses; they proved PC needs to bring it every night to be successful. Beating ND, Umass, URI, Miami and Yale proved that.
Providence is playing right now but you are on a UConn board posting in a Nova thread.

Jesus you really are sad.

Reaction Score
Sooooo, you bring up conference RPI like it's a religion. It's in every post you make defending the Big East. You're on a "Giuliani bringing up 911" level. And now it's debatable that the Big 12, the conference rated ahead of you in the conference RPI, is better than the Big East.

You're probably the most entertaining poster on this board man.

Everyone crapped on the NBE last year and used the RPI as a measuring stick to prove their point. Now that I use it; that's no bueno? Funny stuff.

Reaction Score
Providence is playing right now but you are on a UConn board posting in a Nova thread.

Jesus you really are sad.

It's halftime. Shouldn't you be celebrating beating a top 25 team for the first time this year?

Reaction Score
It's halftime. Shouldn't you be celebrating beating a top 25 team for the first time this year?
It is sad how obsessed you are with us.

I know PC only has regular season wins to celebrate, but that is not how we do it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A lot Div. II teams look like power houses, Friar.....against other Div. II teams anyways.

Reaction Score
Jerry,

The ACC is the class of college hoops based on what, exactly? Far as I can tell, the ACC consists of two really good teams, two teams that are good but could self-destruct at any time, one entertaining team that nobody takes seriously, and ten teams that aren't that good. The Big 12 is better and the Big East might be too depending on what criteria you want to use.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Decent Catholic school league that is 2nd ranked in the country as a conference; and about to put 6 teams into the tourney.

Not the old BE; nothing is. But not too shabby either.
Ah but how many will be playing after the first weekend...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
seanmc94 - you started out as a decent poster but as a typical PeeCee fan, your team tastes its once in a 10 year escape from mediocrity and you have to start chest pounding but you do it against the fans of one of the top 10 programs of all time, coming off a NCAA championship (something you won't see in your lifetime) .. It just doesn't make sense.
PeeCee has a decent team this year, enjoy it, because after the first weekend of the tournament you will again have lost your rooting interests
Don't become too bravado, I think next year PeeCee will take a back seat to URIne as the best collegiate BB team in that putrid state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom