Is Hurley Really The Answer? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Is Hurley Really The Answer?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How can you judge how much I know about basketball from like two sentences I wrote? Post your opinions about uconn basketball and stop personally belittling others.

thin-skin-thin-8x5qwn.jpg

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Stop posting stupid things and people will stop calling you stupid

if you think the things one posts are stupid keep it to yourself. Just because you think something is stupid doesn't mean someone else thinks it's stupid.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The guy isn't even our coach yet and people are complaining. It wasn't fair to complain about Ollie after six years but it's not even year one yet and the Ollie pollyanas already want Hurley gone. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

It's astounding. One or two of these guys is on record earlier in the year hoping for the next coach to fail so that they can say "I told you so". Mind boggling.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Because he took us to the top of the mountain. Unfortunately he has also brought us the the lowest valley. If UCONN extends an offer, may they should consider the UMBC coach.

He's becoming the next coach at ECU. That's his level. But good call.

Reaction Score
One thing is becoming clear. Whether Hurley is the man or not, some in the Ollie brigade like yourself will be actively rooting for him to fail. That's what you are reduced to. Sad.
I will be rooting for UCONN to win regardless but I know Hurley is not the answer.

Reaction Score
Jesus. Now I remember why I didn't post much this year, and was more on the Cesspool than the Men's Board when I did.

We got people who think the NBA should only run Hoosiers style offense, who think an A10 school whose tallest player is 6'8 should be ashamed by getting run off the court in the second round of the tournament by a team with a few lottery picks--but who didn't seem to care our guy got run off the floor by MEMPHIS (who FIRED THEIR COACH)--I mean, this place is astounding...

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Really?

We had the best guard in the entire tournament in Shabazz and the best defensive guard in the country in Boatright. Our smallball was a great matchup against UK, URI's version is a horrible matchup vs Duke.

Duke is better at everything compared to URI. Better shooting, better bigs, better guards, better coaching.

Our 2014 squad had much better guards, better shooting and, I can't believe I'm actually saying this - better coaching. We also out-rebounded UK IIRC.

Sorry, basketball is just a wee bit more nuanced than you're making it out to be.

I don't have time to sit here and write every little detail. You guys take one thing one says and twist it around.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Falling back on the title as why the KO of March 2018 is better than all of these candidates is embarrassingly lazy.

I've been one of the loudest and most annoying arguers on behalf of KO getting the credit for 2014, so I think I have some credibility in saying this; he is not the same coach he was back then, in terms of game-planning, player development, and putting in the requisite effort in all areas of the job. He was great back then, and the performance of the past two years has shown he can no longer replicate those peaks of success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom