Is Hurley Really The Answer? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Is Hurley Really The Answer?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Let me be the first to say get help. Yikes.

I'm perfectly fine. Some people here think it's ok to treat others like crap. I'm just giving an example of the world we live in unfortunately.

Reaction Score
As coach K said at halftime. Duke has been making shots and URI hasn't. The coach can't shoot it for them. Duke is much better team as they should be. Hurley would be a great addition to uconn. Let's face it he can't be any worse then KO. No offense, defense, recruits the past couple years.
Sounds like everyone vs us this year.

Reaction Score
LOL wow. Not only factually incorrect but completely insensitive and borderline psychotic. You should probably take a break if you can't handle backing up your absurd opinions
D move.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don't hedge now @intlzncster. Hurley better be as good as gold if he's the coach at UCONN. There is many people on this board that worships Hurley and thinks he is closest thing to God. He coached in the A 10 which is much worst than the American. His team would have finished under .500 if they were in the American this season.
I haven't gotten any sense whatsoever that anybody, let alone "many people" (written with mismatched verb form), think Hurley "is closest thing to God." This, plus @Kathy 's Like, and @UConn_Top_Dog' s general foolishness in this thread leads me toward believing that between 1-3 of them are trolling. I'll play safe and say 2, but that doesn't mean I'm complimenting the 3rd.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
LOL wow. Not only factually incorrect but completely insensitive and borderline psychotic. You should probably take a break if you can't handle backing up your absurd opinions

Im just stating facts. Bullying is not ok. And it may take extreme examples to make a point sometimes. Doesn't mean one is psychotic. You need to chill out and leave people alone.

Reaction Score
Im just stating facts. Bullying is not ok. And it may take extreme examples to make a point sometimes. Doesn't mean one is psychotic. You need to chill out and leave people alone.
@ fact or opinion?

Reaction Score
The guy isn't even our coach yet and people are complaining. It wasn't fair to complain about Ollie after six years but it's not even year one yet and the Ollie pollyanas already want Hurley gone. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

People are not complaining about Hurley, at least I'm not. I like Hurley. I just question whether Hurley is the best choice. It seems like so many have decided he's the anointed one and attack anyone who questions whether Hurley is the best choice. There should be room for differences of opinion without the constant put downs and attacks.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Now I just feel bad for you. You cannot hope the program burns to the ground while simultaneously claiming to love UConn

Sure I can. There is nothing I can do to stop the program from crashing. I don't run it. But if it did crash and burn, I'll be the first to say I told you so.

Reaction Score
Hate to get in the way of this flameout, but not being sure about Hurley is 100% OK and something most of us agree on. You look at the body of work, the ability to put together a staff, regional connections, trajectory of teams you've coached and maximum upside with potentially better players. Factored in it seems obvious that Hurley has a good shot a putting us in a better place than we've been the past 2 years. Not just that, the likelihood that we would have a shot at consistently making the Tournament being the #1 goal.

That said, the Tournament is a pretty good place for less publicized Coaches to audition and be evaluated. I wouldn't close the door to bringing any of them in for consideration even if they don't meet some of the other metrics. Good coaching and winning has a way of selling itself. And if you consistently beat the teams just ahead of you, eventually you get to the top of the ladder. Different times for sure but we've been there before.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
I haven't gotten any sense whatsoever that anybody, let alone "many people" (written with mismatched verb form), think Hurley "is closest thing to God." This, plus @Kathy 's Like, and @UConn_Top_Dog' s general foolishness in this thread leads me toward believing that between 1-3 of them are trolling. I'll play safe and say 2, but that doesn't mean I'm complimenting the 3rd.

I'm not trolling. I'm just trying to make a point about online bullying. It's not ok. Period.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult but thank you

I was waiting for Top Dog to go there. Threw in a "mein Fuhrer" on edit there too.

Reaction Score
Sure I can. There is nothing I can do to stop the program from crashing. I don't run it. But if it did crash and burn, I'll be the first to say I told you so.

Wat8.jpg

Reaction Score
People are not complaining about Hurley, at least I'm not. I like Hurley. I just question whether Hurley is the best choice. It seems like so many have decided he's the anointed one and attack anyone who questions whether Hurley is the best choice. There should be room for differences of opinion without the constant put downs and attacks.
Maybe in make believe land there are people anointing Hurley as god but it hasn't been happening here. People are just making up fictional people to argue with

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom