Iowa State Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Iowa State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The backup center to our potentiall All-American just won MVP in an early season tournament with 4 top 25 teams... And there's a chance he's not even our best freshman off the bench. Wow
He is our best Freshman off the bench. I love Karaban but Clingan is just a special player for someone that tall, strong and nimble.

Reaction Score
We can win with a lot of different players and a lot of different ways. Truly team basketball. Hated some of the turnovers tonight but really everyone played pretty hard and contributed. Iowa St is going to give a lot of teams fits but they couldn't do it to us. We can play amazing D for 40 minutes and AJAX is really like a Pro defender athlete v. college players. It's crazy.

We are back. And going to work tomorrow is going to feel pretty great with minimal sleep.

Reaction Score
Worst game we’ve played, probably by some distance, and we beat a pretty good Iowa State team by 18

I’d argue the only guard that played well was Joey C. Who would thought we’d be saying that?

Hawkins-Non-existent, played himself out of the game. If he doesn’t learn to pump fake and drive, he’s not gonna be hard to guard.

Alleyne-Jesus, I mean, he doesn’t offer much besides some good defense from time to time. Hoping he starts hitting shots, but he’s careless with the ball and not much of a creator.

Diarra-Stepped in and played alright, hit that big buzzer beater that halted momentum into half. Not a good shooter and hasn’t driven much. But he is a good complementary piece who defends and rebounds well

Newton-So careless with the ball. 8 turnovers. Hit some very timely shots and played pretty good defense, but when he was pressured he made some awful plays.

Joey C-Gotta love the kid. I was super skeptical early. Still gets beat pretty easily on D, but he rebounds a lot better than I expected, and rarely puts a foot wrong on offense. Love it.

Sanogo-One of the typical Sanogo off games. I’m a little worried early season with him honestly. I know he’s put up good numbers, but his rim protection has been significantly worse than last season, and he doesn’t seem to be getting in great positions on offense, getting push out of the lane a little too often. He’ll be fine, but…

Clingan-My gosh, kid is playing tremendous. Great defensively, doesn’t foul, just uses his length. Great rebounding, knows where to be and boxes out well also. Once he starts dunking EVERYTHING like he should, he’s gonna be hard to keep off the floor.

Karaban-Extension of the coach on the floor. Shoots tremendous in rhythm, makes great cuts, and mostly makes the best play. Needs to box out weakside better, but that’s nitpicking.

We’re really, really good. Excited to see everyone click, that’s gonna be a sight to see.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. Both of Newtons 3s were incredibly well timed. A very low key great performance by him.

2. Clingan is gonna be a superstar next year. He might be one this year if he played enough minutes. His legacy in Connecticut could be legendary.

3. Joey continues to be such a monster on the offensive end, he’s so impactful you have to live with some defensive lapses.

4. Andre is my favorite player since probably Vital. The fire and passion he plays with, combined with his non scoring skills make him so impactful to winning. If he gets his ppg up to 10+ consistently, he’s an nba role player.

5. Hate to be negative, but alleyne needs to be fighting for his spot in the rotation when Johnson gets back. He’s just been really bad, no way around it. He’s got the ability to turn it around though.

Reaction Score
Picked up his 3rd and 4th fouls about 20 seconds into the 2nd half
Yeah Hawks mind just wasn't into the game with that stupid T. Hopefully he can come back and have a great next game.

Reaction Score
I've seen so many of our Great players dominate game in so many different ways... Blocks, 3 pointers, post play, point gaurd play, some of our dominate wings....where they just took over games. But I don't belive I ever seen anyone fly around the court (And i mean fly) from start to finish as AJax did today. And dominate that way......

Reaction Score
Three very impressive wins against Power 5 teams this weekend. So far this group looks to have the makings of a very special team. If they stay healthy, focused and hungry, the sky's the limit for how far they can go.

Reaction Score
1. Both of Newtons 3s were incredibly well timed. A very low key great performance by him.

2. Clingan is gonna be a superstar next year. He might be one this year if he played enough minutes. His legacy in Connecticut could be legendary.

3. Joey continues to be such a monster on the offensive end, he’s so impactful you have to live with some defensive lapses.

4. Andre is my favorite player since probably Vital. The fire and passion he plays with, combined with his non scoring skills make him so impactful to winning. If he gets his ppg up to 10+ consistently, he’s an nba role player.

5. Hate to be negative, but alleyne needs to be fighting for his spot in the rotation when Johnson gets back. He’s just been really bad, no way around it. He’s got the ability to turn it around though.
Yeah Alleyne just looks a step slow in everything he does. Really disappointed in him. Good thing Joey California is better than we thought.

Reaction Score
Well, Karaban starts, so there’s that.
Yeah but Clingan has next level skills with his height. Karaban is great no doubt about it but Clingan is a game changer on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score
If you would have told me this afternoon that we’d have 19 turnovers, shoot 26% from 3 and get almost nothing offensively from Sanogo and Hawkins - and we’d win by 18 - I’d call BS. This team is going to be scary good six weeks from now. And I am so excited.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom