Iowa State Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Iowa State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Would the Connecticut TV stations realize that UConn winning both men and women Phil Knight tournament is a huge story.

Last time I checked, the stations' websites didn't have stories on this. Maybe people will come back to work on Monday, get off
their backsides, and get some copy on TV and on the websites. Suffering through Bill Walton was bad enough!

Reaction Score
Yeah Alleyne just looks a step slow in everything he does. Really disappointed in him. Good thing Joey California is better than we thought.
Joey is going to eat into Alleyne's minutes. Joey got burned for back to back layups in the first half but he competed like crazy on D in the second and was mixing it up for rebounds. He just brings a lot more offense and energy than Alleyne has this season and he seems to have really good synergy with Donovan.

Reaction Score
Two early fouls in each half made four fouls and virtually no playing time.
I think it was a little “coaching” by Hurly too, not sure what Hawk said to the ref to get that tech, but when the ref relayed it to Hurly, he looked none too happy.

caw

Reaction Score
Joey is going to eat into Alleyne's minutes. Joey got burned for back to back layups in the first half but he competed like crazy on D in the second and was mixing it up for rebounds. He just brings a lot more offense and energy than Alleyne has this season and he seems to have really good synergy with Donovan.
Like the fit of Alleyne in the starting lineup, but love Joey off the bench with Jackson and Clingan.

Reaction Score
Amazing how Clingans size just destroyed their offense when he was in. All the easy baskets they were starting to get with Sanogo in the game just disappear with Clingan in the game.
Amazing Hurley never even had to think about putting hawk back in the game with his 4 fouls. This team is really a collective right now.

Reaction Score
Yeah, when I saw Alleyne at VTech he was more of a spot up shooter. Here he is trying to drive too much. We really don't need him to do that with Hawkins, Diarra, Newton and AJ who do it better.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the tech was for, unless he’s a ventriloquist. He’s just standing there, not gesturing or doing anything and his lips weren’t moving. Unless maybe he said something five seconds earlier before the camera was on him.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Kid has an amazing feel for the game, works his ass off.

Reaction Score
I can't remember a team where I am almost as comfortable with all the backups on the floor as I am with all the starters, sometimes more. Amazing also that there can be almost any mix of 9-10 players and the chemistry doesn't suffer much if at all.
I honestly don't ever remember it, even on our best teams we never had that. There were bigger stars carrying us but not this depth where there seems to be no real drop off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom