Indiana Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Indiana Post Game Thread

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Simple reason. Azzi is a much better 3-point shooter than Nika is....
I'm still trying to figure out how you reach "lights out" on two attempts in two games.
Come on guys - notice the guy with the shades :cool: - that is an indication of a bit of tongue in check regarding the post.

But it is worth noting that she is 3-5 from 3 (.600) in the NCAA tournament vs Fudd who is 10-23 (.435) and Paige who is 3-9 (.333) and Christyn 3-15 (.200) and Evina and Carolina who are both 2-6 (.333)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Come on guys - notice the guy with the shades :cool: - that is an indication of a bit of tongue in check regarding the post.

But it is worth noting that she is 3-5 from 3 (.600) in the NCAA tournament vs Fudd who is 10-23 (.435) and Paige who is 3-9 (.333) and Christyn 3-15 (.200) and Evina and Carolina who are both 2-6 (.333)
Thanks, and my bad. It is hard to tell around here sometimes.

Reaction Score
Last time I saw Ali Patberg play was with Crystal Dangerfield in a FIBA tournament. Does she surpass Caroline Doty in years at college???
My heart went out to Ali when I watched the post-game presser. She handled it pretty well considering how much she was crying. It was a hard few minutes to watch, even though I am no Hoosiers fan. She should be proud of how she played today, and of her career. I'm sure her coaches, teammates and family are proud of her.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

One a game from Nika is enough to keep her defender from sagging into the lane...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
My heart went out to Ali when I watched the post-game presser. She handled it pretty well considering how much she was crying. It was a hard few minutes to watch, even though I am no Hoosiers fan. She should be proud of how she played today, and of her career.
All these kids work so hard. Only one team goes out with a win.

Reaction Score
Where's Piath?
I believe she remained in Stores with " work to do." I assume this is academic reference. To keep up her grades and complete course work. Geno mentioned something in his press conference.

Reaction Score
All these kids work so hard. Only one team goes out with a win.
The emotion reflects her awareness that this element of her youth ( which has been dominant probably since she was about 6) is now over. She is not going toe a pro. There is nom where else to play that can replicate her IU experience. It is hard to say good bye.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Calling 9 points "double figures" is like the exact opposite of "technically".. jus sayin'
Give me a break. 1 point separated 5 players from being “technically” being in double figures…I’m just sayin’

Reaction Score
Solid overall game. Going forward though I don't think it's enough. Azzi is playing 35 minutes or more every game. Would she maybe shoot a little better if it were 30 minutes instead? Would giving Caroline even 5 minutes of her time really hurt the team? Same with Paige or Christyn. Just slice 2-3 minutes off their PT and keep everyone fresher. We still trend downward a little in the 4th because Geno is inherently risk averse. A natural born conservative. He sends his horses out there until they are dog tired and then he wonders why they miss that 3 pointer at the end of the game. We have a stable of horses. We really should use them. We are getting by so far and we may be able to beat NC State with this approach as well but the deep teams like Stanford and South Carolina are a bridge too far if we don't use our depth. They will push us off the floor in the 4th if we aren't fresh.

All year long it was clear that we were mainly a guard based offense. We finally are hitting the offensive boards knowing they are going to put it up. South Carolina has been doing that all year. Why did it take so long to "get it"? We absolutely need to shoot the 3 well and score well to beat SC and Stanford. And we need to at least hold our own on the boards.

Reaction Score
Well said, RedStickHusky. I doubt Ali and Co. seriously thought they might win the title, but that realization doesn't ease the hurt when a career ends (especially one so long as hers).
True competitors always play to win.
And believe they will .

Reaction Score
Obviously not good. She must be more than a little bummed no to be with the team. I thought the team kept a closer watch on the academics.
Plath is an adult. It is her responsibility to make sure she is getting her work done. College isn’t grade school where Mommy and daddy sit with her and make her do her home work. In college you either swim or you sink. It’s up to you.

Reaction Score
Solid overall game. Going forward though I don't think it's enough. Azzi is playing 35 minutes or more every game. Would she maybe shoot a little better if it were 30 minutes instead? Would giving Caroline even 5 minutes of her time really hurt the team? Same with Paige or Christyn. Just slice 2-3 minutes off their PT and keep everyone fresher. We still trend downward a little in the 4th because Geno is inherently risk averse. A natural born conservative. He sends his horses out there until they are dog tired and then he wonders why they miss that 3 pointer at the end of the game. We have a stable of horses. We really should use them. We are getting by so far and we may be able to beat NC State with this approach as well but the deep teams like Stanford and South Carolina are a bridge too far if we don't use our depth. They will push us off the floor in the 4th if we aren't fresh.

All year long it was clear that we were mainly a guard based offense. We finally are hitting the offensive boards knowing they are going to put it up. South Carolina has been doing that all year. Why did it take so long to "get it"? We absolutely need to shoot the 3 well and score well to beat SC and Stanford. And we need to at least hold our own on the boards.
Agreed on balancing mins a little better. Also, gotta get past a tough NC St team first!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom