Indiana Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Indiana Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
A win is a win. We have 4 people in double digit ...

Screenshot (17).png

Reaction Score
great win. you knew Indiana wasn’t going to roll over even when it got to be up 20.
Where was Piath?

Reaction Score
Like watching two different games, and the officials were the major reason why. Indiana was caught completely off guard by the extensive whistle blowing at the beginning of Q3. Never seen such an abrupt change in officiating in my life. And it wasn’t “home cooking;” UConn actually got called for more fouls. The difference was the the depth: 11 bench points for the Huskies vs. 1 for IU.

Reaction Score
Paige was determined to shoot her way back into form. Christyn is so aggressive and looks good. Azzi popped some threes and played good D. Liv got a double double and show why experience makes so much of a difference. Aaliyah with some key rebounds and charges, Ducharme came in made a big difference. Evina’s defense and experience settled.

Geno’s early subbing to figure out which line-up could be effective was key. UConn’s depth is on full display, everyone had fresh legs and they wore down Indiana with so many combinations of line-ups.

UConn won over a really good team that would have probably upset NC state and that's all that matters, see ya Monday!

Reaction Score
Most Excellent game... competitive throughout most of it. Then UCONN put on a run to start the 2nd half. AE was outstanding as was Liv. Loved the play of CW, PB, and .

this turned out to be a 2 1/2 Mikes Mango game... less stress than last time... don't worry, I'll finish the last half of the final Mikes :)

Reaction Score
Edwards.

Last 15 minutes was hard to judge because the officials decided to step up their "game" and otherwise screw up. Terrible calls, hurting Indiana a little worse than UConn, for a change.

But for the first 25-27 minutes, where it was a genuine basketball game, UConn was outstanding in just about all aspects of the game. Plus, we haven't seen the last of Dorka this season; this is a full team of quality players.

Reaction Score
We played great. We won by 17 in a Sweet 16 game against a Top 10 team. That is HARD! Months ago this board would have said it was in no way possible.
Our bigs are terrible people said? They were HUGE and the reason we got 19 more shot attempts - a massive rebounding advantage.
Geno was BRILLIANT with who he chose to put in the game, when, and for how many minutes. He was right. Our starters all played GREAT.
Only 9 turnovers, with 3 in the first few minutes. That was a huge effort taking care of the ball.
Scored 75, held other team under 60 - impressive.
CW was so good and silently solid all game. The seniors made huge play after huge play at key moments. The Evina steal to make it 59-42 was HUGE for momentum.

Monday night will be interesting.

Reaction Score
I am glad that they won. The defense did what I expected and kept Indiana at 55 points but the offense perhaps due to Indiana, was about 15 to 20 points less than I thought was achieveable. the foul calls were cheap on both sides but it was equally stupid.

NC State against ND did not show me a lot so I think that this might be an opportunity for UConn. But they must make a big lead, hold that lead and play to victory instead of letting a team come back on them as Indiana tried to do. Ergo Geno's appropriate time out.

What happened to Dorka?

Reaction Score
I said that we would win by 19 and we were close to that… we will beat NC state by around same score…..
we did this while shooting poorly from 3

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom