Indiana Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Indiana Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
ND did not choke. That was a great game.
Sorry, but ND absolutely gave the game away on that late steal. Mabrey made cardinal sin of turning her back allowing Perez to make the steak and score. I’m glad ND list, but I was hoping it would be UConn that took them out.

Reaction Score
This was a very lossable game and the final score wasn't indicative of how hard Indiana made things for us. The run to start the 3rd Q was the difference and kudos to Indiana for not letting UConn run away with the game. In the end UConn rebounding was too much for Indiana to overcome. Indiana lost but they play a pretty game and sure as heck can make medium range jumpers.

This has been an odd season what with Co-vid cancellations and injuries and more injuries that made finding a set rotation impossible until late in the season. After all the debate as to how good we are, playing in the BE and all, we are now at the point where how good we are will become clear. Next up NCS, and if chalk talks Stanford and SC after that. Beat those three teams and this UConn team will be the stuff of legends.

Reaction Score
They really seemed to race ahead after Geno put in Westbrook and Ducharme. At one point they were up 20.
Agreed, that short spurt when Caroline was in was a tremendous boost and UConn never looked back. That small lineup with one big set the tone. Everyone stepped up after that and stretched it out. UConn’s depth is huge. No let down when subs come in.

Reaction Score
AE rebounded the ball and casually bounced it out of bounds. I think she thought the half was over. I also think that the way the half ended fueled our 2nd half start.
Not to excuse Alliyah, but it looked like she confused the 24 second buzzer with the end of the half horn.
Watching the replay, the clock actually stopped at 1.3 seconds when she rebounded the ball. Perhaps that shot clock buzzer confused the timekeeper too.
More time had to come off the clock when she threw the ball into the stands. The refs should have reviewed and adjusted the time.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but ND absolutely gave the game away on that late steal. Mabrey made cardinal sin of turning her back allowing Perez to make the steak and score. I’m glad ND list, but I was hoping it would be UConn that took them out.
Ridiculous! ND played a great game. Mabreys TO was at a bad time but to say the team/program choked is juvenile. ND gave nothing away. State took it literally.

Reaction Score
Agreed, that short spurt when Caroline was in was a tremendous boost and UConn never looked back. That small lineup with one big set the tone. Everyone stepped up after that and stretched it out. UConn’s depth is huge. No let down when subs come in.
Caroline can play guard or forward, I would not call her small. The kid can jump and rebound. At the same time I would not call her a “big”.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
anyone have audio of the 10k gasp/groan after Paige twisted her knee?
it was extremely noticeable at the game.
and kinda funny after the fact

Reaction Score
Ummm - Nika has been lights out from three for two games! But has only gotten 2 shots and the team just can't seem to run screening actions for her! Meanwhile they from Fudd for 10 threes! :cool:
Simple reason. Azzi is a much better 3-point shooter than Nika is....

Reaction Score
anyone have audio of the 10k gasp/groan after Paige twisted her knee?
it was extremely noticeable at the game.
and kinda funny after the fact
I was there too...it was stomach wrenching. I most certainly gasped and swore at the same time.

Reaction Score
Naw, looked that way on TV too. A couple successful inbounds could've won it.
They struggled to inbound the ball. But they tried to avoid the fouls by over- passing. If ND just held the ball in the last 20 seconds, NC State would have had to foul them.

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
They struggled to inbounded the ball. But they tried to avoid the fouls by over- passing. If ND just held the ball in the last 20 seconds, NC State would have had to foul them.
Yeah, State turned it up defensively and choke is a hard word but despite her great game, Miles came up one play short.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom