Indiana Daily Hoosier having a sip whine before the game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Indiana Daily Hoosier having a sip whine before the game

Reaction Score
The last time Uconn played a Regional in Bridgeport was 2018.

The last time Uconn played in a Regional not in Albany or Bridgeport was 2014 (not counting last year).
They played in Lincoln that year, they won the regional, then the NC.

Reaction Score
Just wondering if there was a time when UConn, as a #1 seed, had to play in a regional which was a "home" game for the #2 seed? I don't have any memory of something like that, but with my memory....

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I actually think playing at home with the insane crowd unnerved some of our players and helped lead to some of the bunny's missed. And some of these bunnies were not average bunnies. These were some of the cutest cuddly bunnies ever. :oops:

And if we played in Fl, or a neutral site, our fans would anyway travel well enough so it is not a hostile environment,

We missed more bunnies than Elmer Fudd (no relation).
confused elmer fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Just wondering if there was a time when UConn, as a #1 seed, had to play in a regional which was a "home" game for the #2 seed? I don't have any memory of something like that, but with my memory....
My memory isn't what it used to be, but I believe we were at Stanford as a #1 and Stanford was the #2 seed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And Nebraska was upset in the 2nd round of that region and would have been playing on their 'home court' had they won.

Edit: And a number of teams could have had a 'home court' for their FF had they won through the E8 - something Uconn has never had a chance at as no CT arenas have ever been selected for a FF.

Reaction Score
They know what they doing. UConn brings in the money. It’ll be loud and sold out. I’ll be there that being said if UConn wasn’t in the Bridgeport region I doubt much people from Connecticut would of show up.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If there were no fans at Bridgeport Uconn wouldn't have people saying Uconn has an advantage. Fans give Uconn an advantage and there are Uconn fans everywhere. Probably more in CT but Uconn fans show up and many other teams don't have the fan base.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The East regional in 2020 was scheduled to be in, Ft Wayne.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The East regional in 2020 was scheduled to be in, Ft Wayne.
Chosen for ND's benefit after much ND complaining about UConn and Bridgeport. The 2020 NCAAT was canceled, of course, but ND would not have made the tournament.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Chosen for ND's benefit after much ND complaining about UConn and Bridgeport. The 2020 NCAAT was canceled, of course, but ND would not have made the tournament.
Indiana would have

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Notre Dame was 13-18 that year. Doubt they would even made the tournament.
The regional, not the first 2 rounds. The 4 regional sites are chosen years in advance.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
AS with the previous Washington Post article, I'll relay that the UConn men say "Hi"

At least with the women's tournament, there has been a historical trend of doing this for revenue reasons. That was never the case in the men's tournament where..

The UConn men lost to Florida in 1994 in... FLORIDA
Then lost to UCLA in 1995 in.... Oakland, CA
then lost to North Carolina in 1998 in.... Greensboro NC

We stopped paying attention to that crap after we won it all in 1999, but the pattern was annoying at the time
I didn't stop paying attention. In 2002, they lost to eventual champs Maryland in DC, only 9 miles from campus. And in 2003 they lost to Texas in Texas in a game that went down to the wire. That really hurt because Texas lost their next game to Cuse, a team UConn smoked twice that year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom