Independent Scheduling | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Independent Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AD Dave needs to be working every SEC Contact that he has to get on the late season schedules of some schools over the next few seasons.

Nearly the entire conference does a late season buy game before their annual rivalry games. This will mirror the time of the year where it is hard to schedule quality opponents OOC for an independent like UCONN.

An opportunity exists to make some serious cash and be all over TV if you schedule the right schools. Pull an upset? Oh boy will people be talking about the team.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I heard from a very reliable source that 6 of next year's 8 formerly open game dates have been filled. There is no AAC in UConn's future.
Did they mention why next years schedule is a secret??

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
SNY has a benefit no one seems to address. the NYC market. If we improve our record and we televise on SNY wouldn't that make us a marketable item for the Big 10? Proving we can draw in NY ?
This ship has sailed

Reaction Score
The article I posted back on the 7th had this quote from the Temple AD: “...Kraft said the waiver would only be granted for two years – covering 2020 and 2021. The league would then have to seek another waiver for 2022 and beyond, or find a different solution, such as adding a 12th member.”
Thanks for adding that.

I still don't see why the NCAA would allow the AAC to play 8 games with 11 teams in a divisionless conference (which is what Aresco has aluded to) and allow them to have a championship game. I could be wrong, but when has anything gone that smoothly with the NCAA?

I'm just trying to figure out why Benedict has been radio silent and why we have not heard of any new games for 2020, yet we have had the future Maryland series announced. I'm sure he is lobbying for AAC football games for 2020. Notice how we hear from other schools that they are talking about continuing to play UConn in the future (more basketball than football). There is no upside for anyone associated with UConn to talk about playing AAC teams in 2020.

I guess we have to wait and see.
Short wait...

>>The American Athletic Conference has been granted a waiver by the NCAA to hold a conference football championship game for 2020 and 2021.

Commissioner Mike Aresco confirmed the news prior to Saturday’s game between Temple and SMU.<<

>>Aresco said it is important for the AAC teams to play four non-conference games, which would leave room for eight conference games. In an 11-team league, that wouldn’t enable a round robin format.

The reason the AAC is insistent on four non-conference games is because it feels it is important to schedule Power Five schools.<<

Reaction Score
Short wait...

>>The American Athletic Conference has been granted a waiver by the NCAA to hold a conference football championship game for 2020 and 2021.

Commissioner Mike Aresco confirmed the news prior to Saturday’s game between Temple and SMU.<<

>>Aresco said it is important for the AAC teams to play four non-conference games, which would leave room for eight conference games. In an 11-team league, that wouldn’t enable a round robin format.

The reason the AAC is insistent on four non-conference games is because it feels it is important to schedule Power Five schools.<<

Disappointing

Reaction Score
An AD can always get away games. Filling the home schedule with opponents that excite the fan base is the primary challenge. It is good that news is starting to trickle out.

Reaction Score
I know but I still didn’t want them to get the wavier.

They won't get a permanent waiver. They'll either have to give up their championship game or add a 12th member (probably another CUSA call-up). The 2 year clock has begun.

Reaction Score
The schedule will be surprisingly good next year and beyond. Look for ACC to fill lots of our gaps. (Yes that’s the ACC —not AAC) but we’ll have AAC and others, as well as away games with big time programs that make for some cool road trips and lots of money for the program. Here’s a sneak peak. We start next season on the road at San Jose State.

Reaction Score
The schedule will be surprisingly good next year and beyond. Look for ACC to fill lots of our gaps. (Yes that’s the ACC —not AAC) but we’ll have AAC and others, as well as away games with big time programs that make for some cool road trips and lots of money for the program. Here’s a sneak peak. We start next season on the road at San Jose State.

Is UConn a buy game for San Jose State too?

Reaction Score
Here’s a sneak peak. We start next season on the road at San Jose State.
Calling on Pacific coast, western, Asian, and other alumni and UConn fans. Easy SFO, SJC or OAK flight destination; toss in side visits (SF, Sonoma, Napa, etc) to appease significant others; leverage business-required visits; furthest west road trip for the Huskies, etc. Challenging not to like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom