Charlotte
at Ohio
USF
Coastal Carolina
at UCONN
Liberty
BYU
at Georgia

I’m saying that’s not bad. They basically have our Memorial Stadium. Poor concession. Not ever the level of MAC schools in facilities.

UConn should be able to do far better. Brand + Overall travel experiences for P5 + Others.

There’s nothing in my head to criticize UMass schedule making. If I’m David Benedict, I get a little more P5 (including hosting them) which we already have contracted.

If you don’t like that UMass schedule - after thinking about our AAC experiences & the MAC years they had - I’m not spending one minute debating this. Benedict is going to do better - incrementally.

Reaction Score
The atmospheres at the BC Fenway game and the Army Yankee Stadium game were probably better than any atmosphere we've had at the Rent since the Michigan game, or maybe Houston. Its a fun event. Reaches out to UConn fans in Boston and NYC. Yankee Stadium you can hop on the train and takes you right there. Giving up too many true home games is a concern but i think there's a way to find the right balance here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If we do that we should make it a rivalry series. Anyone know "some guy" who has a trophy that's not being used?

View attachment 45178

I have this wacky idea at lunch today that the trophy for the UMass rivalry game should be a classic old school 70s style foldable lawn chair. Winner gets to feature it their stadium all season. Why? We are both fighting for a seat- a seat at the FBS table and right now our seat at the table is a lawn chair...light, portable and not really respected.

Sure - we could do lobster, nutmeg and other regional symbols - but that might be yawn/sigh and not matching our subconscious feelings.

Reaction Score
C
I have this wacky idea at lunch today that the trophy for the UMass rivalry game should be a classic old school 70s style foldable lawn chair. Winner gets to feature it their stadium all season. Why? We are both fighting for a seat- a seat at the FBS table and right now our seat at the table is a lawn chair...light, portable and not really respected.

Sure - we could do lobster, nutmeg and other regional symbols - but that might be yawn/sigh and not matching our subconscious feelings.
That game never had a trophy in yankee conference days?

Reaction Score
Alabama and Wisconsin scheduled a home and home series in 2024 and 2025. In order to do that- Wisconsin moved their H/H with VT.

I really think we’ll see VT on the schedule in the next 5 years

If it isn't VT in 2020...than VT has only one OOC date left unscheduled before 2030...the one in 2025.

Reaction Score
Pudge is absolutely correct. UMass provides a basic blueprint for creating a football schedule, but UConn's name and geographical connection to NYC puts UConn on a different level. The chess vs checker analogy has been used in relation to Aresco and the TV negotiations for the ACC, but the UConn vs UMass independent scheduling is truly chess vs. checkers. UConn could be the a smaller version of BYU of the east coast if they market their independence correctly.

UConn needs a visionary approach to this entire process. FOX's role on the TV deal will be interesting. If FOX has a full buy-in on UConn it may make a SNY deal irrelevant. I get the feeling that FOX didn't just want UConn for their MBB. FOX may want control of all the women's hoops games and football games to up their New England/NYC programming.

Umm...what?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I think something like this:

Obviously not the concord statue but something that similar.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I like the idea of this old school lawn chair in bronze mounted on a platform to make it portable/durable. Winner gets to put the chair in their stadium positioned as a real seat (ie in view with site lines to the field) for the season.

Reaction Score
Here's a schedule that I think is fairly realistic (starting in 2022):
Illinois (H)
Indiana (A)
Wake Forest (A)
Boston College (H)
Syracuse (A)
Rutgers (H)
UCF (A)
Maine (H)
BYU (H)
Army (A)
LSU (A)
UMass (H)

Rutgers has already scheduled games at Boston College and at Temple in 2022. The third and final non conference game that season will not be played on the road. 2023 schedule is fully booked.

Reaction Score
The Virginia Tech Hokies made a good portion of the fan base happy on Saturday when the school announced it was canceling three future meetings at East Carolina. The Hokies had scheduled games at ECU in 2019, 2023 and 2025. Tech still has three home dates on the schedule against East Carolina, however, don’t expect that to last.

Athletic director Whit Babcock and Hokie Nation were clearly upset with East Carolina in September when the administration chose to cancel the 2018 game due to the impending weather in North Carolina. As most know, the weather did hit North Carolina, however, instead of the Pirates heading to Blacksburg to prepare for the game, they chose to go south and then refuse to negotiate with the Hokies about playing the game elsewhere.

So...go away ECU...we won't schedule you.

Reaction Score
They're probably more worried they'll lose to them. VTech has stumbled recently. They need some wins in the OOC. Lol

Reaction Score
They're probably more worried they'll lose to them. VTech has stumbled recently. They need some wins in the OOC. Lol
In recent years, East Carolina’s more than stumbled. Not sure whether that’s funny either, but clearly VT’s AD was PO’d by backwater Carolina skirting out of their game which could have been moved to Blacksburg.

Reaction Score
Heck we just need games (and a competitive team) that will put fannies back in the seats. That would be mostly P5 opponents, especially regional ones, and the service academies. Does Coast Guard have any open dates?

Reaction Score

$1.9 mil?.....yeah I think we’ll figure this thing out

Go where the $$ is until we establish some credibility as a program, by competing and bringing some broadcast viewers.

Reaction Score
I do think it is possible to put together a decent schedule. Every single team has a few blah games on its schedule and we will be no different. Trick will be to get some games of regional interest like BC Syracuse Rutgers UMass Army Navy then some P5s ideally at least 1 name brand annually and at home occasionally and fill in with your Coastal Carolinas and Akrons To me a perfect sort of generic schedule would be
Maine
Syracuse
@ Texas
Coastal Carolina
@ Purdue
@ Miami of Ohio
Navy
NC State
@ South Florida
@ Liberty
Cincinatti
@ UMass
These sort of represent types of schools, not necessarily specific opponents. 2 regional D1 s a national opponent a couple of games we really don’t care about and a couple of AAC games and some mid level P5 games. End the year against UMass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom