OT: - If you lived on campus, where did you live? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: If you lived on campus, where did you live?

Reaction Score
I know all of them lol. We shared a social circle. And yes I went to a couple parties there

Ha...I am very very good friends with Dangerous Animals. I probably know you irl

Reaction Score
Ha...I am very very good friends with Dangerous Animals. I probably know you irl
That's really funny. I went to a lot of their shows so I'm sure we've at least met

Reaction Score
That's really funny. I went to a lot of their shows so I'm sure we've at least met

They still around! And Mike Holler, the lead singer, just started a pretty cool new group called Ditch Boys which is worth checking out.

Reaction Score
I'm realizing there's a high percentage chance I was at many of the same parties as you all lol
Yeah there's a good chance we were at at least one of the same parties

Reaction Score
One thing I’m not seeing on here is class of 2009.

I guess @UofCT2009 ’s class just didn’t really care all the much

;)

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
West (Shakespeare/Troy) from 98-00
Carriage House 01-02

Looks like I'm the only Westie here thus far. Loved that place the first two years. Then the complete blur of madness that was Carriage House. I should have moved to South (it was brand new then) instead.

West was the only place I lived on campus. I loved that dump. Lived in Troy then Alsop, lucked out both times and did not have a roommate.

Reaction Score
(‘94-‘99) Alumni - Belden 2nd, 9 Gilbert Road, Celeron
If you lived at 9 gilbert road, then I must know who you are. I pledged Fall '97.

'96 - Jungle - Fairfield 1st (1st in campus billing that year....I had no part in that though)
'97 - Jungle - New Haven 3rd
'98 - South C
'99 - South C

Reaction Score
Firehouse, 19A Carriage House, Cedar Ridge (2000-2004)

When did you live in 19A? I had fraternity brothers that lived there in the late 90's and early 00's.

Reaction Score
Nah definitely none of those things lol

They did have parties. I think they called it “Trap House” or something.
Towards the bottom of Moulton (on left side if driving away from campus)? Split/Bi level house? I knew many a person in that house in the early 90's. There's at least one person on this board that was an original (first students) resident.

Reaction Score
Towards the bottom of Moulton (on left side if driving away from campus)? Split/Bi level house? I knew many a person in that house in the early 90's. There's at least one person on this board that was an original (first students) resident.

Yeah something like that! Haha

Reaction Score
phi delt has it now. Was there any other big party houses other than Red House and Dime.
Gray House was pretty big and I partied there a lot my senior year. Corner house was a decent size with a good yard. Haunted House was small but had a big yard. Boat House wasn't a bad spot. I'm assuming you can't party in carriage/Celeron or on hunting lodge rd still?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What the hell is Busby?

Lived in Whitney (temp dorm) first semester and then third floor Watson for a year and half before moving off campus.
What the hell is North and Northwest?

What was the punishment if a student, heaven forbid, referred to those to complexes as Frats or The Jungle? As far as I knew, they were never officially known as such. How is it possible that dorm nicknames have been abolished by Administration mandate?

Be that as it may:

Fall '95: East (Hicks)
Spring '96: Alumni (Watson 5)
Fall '96-Fall '97 - West (Hollister B 3)
Spring-Summer '98: Knollwood Apts.
Fall '98'-Spring '99: Single in Hilltop (Ellsworth 6)

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
there is a big problem between verbal communication with the school and the fraternities. Cops are constantly shutting parties down and even recently has been trying to keen in on tailgates. Fraternities spend more time trying to make sure they dont get busted then they do actually enjoying themselves. I can't imagine there cant be a smart resolution. The cops obviously are worried about people walking drunk home after the firetruck incident, so more parties are off of hunting lodge road than ever before, celeron is dead. IMO Uconn should run a bus route on weekend nights through hunting lodge road, problem solved. Sorry for the rant
Man that sucks. I was there 08-11 and the University put a much larger priority on making sure kids were safe rather than busting them.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Going off topic, but I will contend that Whitney Hall is the most underrated dorm on campus. Any students on here, I highly recommend living in a single in Whitney as a senior.

1) The best dining hall food on campus. Locally sourced meats and dairy, organic vegetables and cooks that know what they are doing, it's the gem of on-campus eating. Plus, the dining hall is in the basement, so you roll out of bed and walk downstairs.

2) It's basically a commuter dorm and the place is pretty much empty on the weekends. Quiet when you wanted it, empty bathrooms, plus less likely to get notified if you have people over. When I moved in, I was 21 and my RA was 20 and he was basically like "you are the only guy in this building who's older than me and of age, so if you don't do anything stupid you won't see me this whole year." I was able to easily fit six people in there and since I was 21, it was basically an open container friendly spot.

3) Underrated location. As a senior, I was an English major, so I was close to CLAS. Plus, living near Horsebarn Hill is amazing: quiet, beautiful spot.

My time at North was memorable for its hijinx and debauchery, but my time in Whitney was more memorable due to how relaxing it was.
Buckley Shippee C wing is the most underrated. Each double has its own bathroom with a bathtub and shower. Was close to East and South for dining. Closer to Academics than a lot of places. Plus weird art kids so tons of good weed. C wing Buckley is hands down the best place to live besides apartments.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
there is a big problem between verbal communication with the school and the fraternities. Cops are constantly shutting parties down and even recently has been trying to keen in on tailgates. Fraternities spend more time trying to make sure they dont get busted then they do actually enjoying themselves. I can't imagine there cant be a smart resolution. The cops obviously are worried about people walking drunk home after the firetruck incident, so more parties are off of hunting lodge road than ever before, celeron is dead. IMO Uconn should run a bus route on weekend nights through hunting lodge road, problem solved. Sorry for the rant
They used to run a bus. They took it away to discourage people.

Reaction Score
Alumni (Belden, Eddy) and Charter Oak Apts. Spent a lot of time in Hilltop and Celeron. Still pissed about the loss to MSU in the ‘09 Final Four.

Reaction Score
that was a really cool house too. the deck upstairs was really cool and also terrifying lol

Mushroom House. So many ~hazy~ memories.

Reaction Score
I was at UConn from 1978 to 1985, both for undergrad and graduate schools:

New London Hall in the Jungle, or as we called it, "Ne Ondo Ha" due to missing letters on the dorm.
Russell Hall
Batterson Hall
Grad dorm - Norwalk Hall.

Students at the time called Russell and Batterson as being in the "Frats", as they had housed on campus fraternities in the recent past.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The biggest improvement was the paths between what was the Co-op and ARJ and Monteith. Whole freshmen disappeared in that mud pit, along with hundreds of shoes.

I disapprove of all this nice housing with good bathrooms, cable, internet etc. They need to suffer as we suffered. I honestly think the lack of the kind of fun you had @Pudge is because these people have HDTVS and XBoxes etc. Plus internet .

Mud pit walking paths were a big part of UConn life during the late 1970's into the mid 1980's. I remember the old "Bedlam Hall" comic strip from the Daily Campus where someone pick up a a hat from the path, and found one of his student friends underneath in the mud. Definitely captured the aura of UConn at the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom