OT: - If you lived on campus, where did you live? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: If you lived on campus, where did you live?

Reaction Score
08-09: McMahon
09-10: Northwest (Russell)
10-11: Mansfield Apts
11-12: Off campus - Knollwood

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
01-02 Northwest
Don’t remember the name of the building... the first one on the left. 2 weeks in we had 9/11. Few weeks later Tony Robertson and Taliek are in my room and we’re playing Time Crisis (bonus points if you remember that game.) They stopped in while they were “looking for some girls” and I won’t mention what they smelled like.

02-03 The Jungle (New London)
This whole year was a s**show and very fuzzy, but by the end I had finally started taking my academics seriously.

03-04 Charter Oak Suites
These were new and I don’t know how I managed to get one of them. We managed to sneak a keg in an empty new TV box for a party with our suite-mates. This year started with the Boone walk-off and ended with the 04 championship. Vivid memories of watching the Duke game in this building and the ensuing parade down to the off campus apartments for the couch burning and car flipping.

04-05 Charter Oak Apartments
Spent most of the year holed up in the business school or library and being frustrated with the team. I still hate Julius Hodge.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
01-02 Northwest
Don’t remember the name of the building... the first one on the left. 2 weeks in we had 9/11. Few weeks later Tony Robertson and Taliek are in my room and we’re playing Time Crisis (bonus points if you remember that game.) They stopped in while they were “looking for some girls” and I won’t mention what they smelled like.

02-03 The Jungle (New London)
This whole year was a s**show and very fuzzy, but by the end I had finally started taking my academics seriously.

03-04 Northwest Suites
These were new and I don’t know how I managed to get one of them. We managed to sneak a keg in an empty new TV box for a party with our suite-mates. This year started with the Boone walk-off and ended with the 04 championship. Vivid memories of watching the Duke game in this building and the ensuing parade down to the off campus apartments for the couch burning and car flipping.

04-05 Northwest Apartments
Spent most of the year holed up in the business school or library and being frustrated with the team. I still hate Julius Hodge.

Living in the Jungle as a sophomore #yikes

Reaction Score
There are definitely other current students here, but I don’t know their handles.

I know there was one kid who was super pro-AAC so he may have left.

Nonetheless, welcome aboard. I think it’s good to have current student’s perspective on here.
I actually used to check this page out frequently in High School but I just never found a need to make an account till now.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Spent all four years in Terry A (informally Terry Acres) in Northeast, then called the Frats.

Does anyone remember the Daily Campus comic strip Bedlam Hall? It was based on Terry A.

Reaction Score
Northwest - Rodgers Hall
McMahon South
South Campus
Hilltop Apartments

Reaction Score
Being an incoming junior, I was wondering if anyone else here is a current student?
Also being a junior, as my fraternity housing chair I've come across some cool houses off campus, however if anyone has any sick houses whether it be on the lake or just a sick setup for living in your senior or junior year it be cool to hear them.
The red house on Storrs Rd across from the Baptist Church is arguably one of the best houses near campus. Idk if it's still a rental but you can fit a few hundred people in that house no problem.

Reaction Score
There is definitely an age divide between people who refer to Frats as Northwest and the Jungle as North. Feels like that changed in the late 90s? When I first heard someone say “North”’I had no idea what they were talking about...

Starting in 2000/2001, when they switched the Frats dorms to freshmen only, and made it dry. At that point, no one really called it Frats, but the Jungle was still the Jungle. I want to say in the next year or two, they made the Jungle dry.

Reaction Score
Didn't go to UConn, but in high school I did a summer program and got to spend 3 weeks in Hilltop Suites when it was brand new -- that was pretty sweet. The next year they stuffed us in one of the crappier dorms nearby.

Also did JC's basketball camp about 20 years ago and stayed in one of those dorms.

Reaction Score
2010-2011: Hicks (East) 2nd floor
2011-2012: Renwood- not ideal spot
2012-2013: Celeron (Wetzel)-moved up in the world
2013-2014: Celeron (Wetzel)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
OT : Off-Campus
Coventry Lake, anyone?

View attachment 45083

Family friends had three houses on the lake, all on the same street but I was never really tempted. It's too removed and I had zero interest in getting in a cold car every morning and driving to school.

Reaction Score
The red house on Storrs Rd across from the Baptist Church is arguably one of the best houses near campus. Idk if it's still a rental but you can fit a few hundred people in that house no problem.
ya that house is huge but another frat already has it :/ , I was just thinking that some of yall may know some frat houses that are no longer in use. It be cool to resurrect them, I've always been very for changing the culture back as much as possible. Partying is a much different scene nowadays.

Reaction Score
'87-'91 All Four Years, Towers-Sherman House

I didn't mind the walk and we had a great group of people living there. Your dorm mates, room mates make all the difference. Wouldn't change it. Had a dorm reunion at TED's in 2015. Good seeing everyone.

Reaction Score
ya that house is huge but another frat already has it :/ , I was just thinking that some of yall may know some frat houses that are no longer in use. It be cool to resurrect them, I've always been very for changing the culture back as much as possible. Partying is a much different scene nowadays.

Yeah the party scene was basically dead in 2014, I can't imagine how much worse it is now. The last good semester was Fall 2010.

Reaction Score

Graduated in 2013...

How would you describe the party scene today?

Reaction Score

4D78C260-8A4C-4476-B686-8CBBE0E0A99D.png

Big Red

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom