OT: - If you lived on campus, where did you live? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: If you lived on campus, where did you live?

Reaction Score
Graduated in 2013...

How would you describe the party scene today?
there is a big problem between verbal communication with the school and the fraternities. Cops are constantly shutting parties down and even recently has been trying to keen in on tailgates. Fraternities spend more time trying to make sure they dont get busted then they do actually enjoying themselves. I can't imagine there cant be a smart resolution. The cops obviously are worried about people walking drunk home after the firetruck incident, so more parties are off of hunting lodge road than ever before, celeron is dead. IMO Uconn should run a bus route on weekend nights through hunting lodge road, problem solved. Sorry for the rant

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Why did I think you were an old man?
Ouch.
Because this:

Reaction Score
Going off topic, but I will contend that Whitney Hall is the most underrated dorm on campus. Any students on here, I highly recommend living in a single in Whitney as a senior.

1) The best dining hall food on campus. Locally sourced meats and dairy, organic vegetables and cooks that know what they are doing, it's the gem of on-campus eating. Plus, the dining hall is in the basement, so you roll out of bed and walk downstairs.

2) It's basically a commuter dorm and the place is pretty much empty on the weekends. Quiet when you wanted it, empty bathrooms, plus less likely to get notified if you have people over. When I moved in, I was 21 and my RA was 20 and he was basically like "you are the only guy in this building who's older than me and of age, so if you don't do anything stupid you won't see me this whole year." I was able to easily fit six people in there and since I was 21, it was basically an open container friendly spot.

3) Underrated location. As a senior, I was an English major, so I was close to CLAS. Plus, living near Horsebarn Hill is amazing: quiet, beautiful spot.

My time at North was memorable for its hijinx and debauchery, but my time in Whitney was more memorable due to how relaxing it was.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Fall 04 I was in Miami Shores. Spent more time on South Beach than actually attending class.

Transferred to UConn Spring 05 - Troy in West
05-06 - Alsop in West
06-07 - Celeron Apartments
07-08 - Cedar Ridge Apartments
08-09 (victory lap) - Cedar Ridge Apartments

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Going off topic, but I will contend that Whitney Hall is the most underrated dorm on campus. Any students on here, I highly recommend living in a single in Whitney as a senior.

1) The best dining hall food on campus. Locally sourced meats and dairy, organic vegetables and cooks that know what they are doing, it's the gem of on-campus eating. Plus, the dining hall is in the basement, so you roll out of bed and walk downstairs.

2) It's basically a commuter dorm and the place is pretty much empty on the weekends. Quiet when you wanted it, empty bathrooms, plus less likely to get notified if you have people over. When I moved in, I was 21 and my RA was 20 and he was basically like "you are the only guy in this building who's older than me and of age, so if you don't do anything stupid you won't see me this whole year." I was able to easily fit six people in there and since I was 21, it was basically an open container friendly spot.

3) Underrated location. As a senior, I was an English major, so I was close to CLAS. Plus, living near Horsebarn Hill is amazing: quiet, beautiful spot.

My time at North was memorable for its hijinx and debauchery, but my time in Whitney was more memorable due to how relaxing it was.
I don't remember why--I think because we sent my deposit in late--but I ended up in a single in Whitney for my first semester freshman year, which would have been Fall 1984. For some reason it was considered a "temporary dorm" then, but it turned out to be a great deal for some of the reasons you mention. Plus, at the end of the first semester, we got the top priority on room draw, so I was able to spend that first semester basically shopping for where I wanted to go. A guy on my floor in Whitney whom I befriended had good friends on Watson 3rd floor and they had an opening there, so that's where I went. Definitely a lot more going on in Alumni than in East Campus in those days, but I enjoyed my time in both.

Of course I enjoyed living off-campus much, much more...

Reaction Score

Strong disagree about everything except the food. They did fried chicken that was out of this world.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Northwest - Terry Hall
North - Litchfield Hall
Celeron - Penner
Carriage

Reaction Score
Are there many UConn students living in Coventry Lake? This would have been a great setup. A Friend with a boat would have been amazing
Yeah there's a decent amount.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
there is a big problem between verbal communication with the school and the fraternities. Cops are constantly shutting parties down and even recently has been trying to keen in on tailgates. Fraternities spend more time trying to make sure they dont get busted then they do actually enjoying themselves. I can't imagine there cant be a smart resolution. The cops obviously are worried about people walking drunk home after the firetruck incident, so more parties are off of hunting lodge road than ever before, celeron is dead. IMO Uconn should run a bus route on weekend nights through hunting lodge road, problem solved. Sorry for the rant

Fraternities? I can't imagine there were many schools where Fraternities were more of a nothing than they were at UConn in the mid 80's.

Once I got to KU for law school that was very different, but it didn't affect us law students much. Except the view I had of Pi Beta Phi. :)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are there many UConn students living in Coventry Lake? This would have been a great setup. A Friend with a boat would have been amazing

You realize it freezes right? For much of the school year?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Litchfield (80-81)
Frats Goodyear B (82)
Belden (83)

We had heard that Litchfield had both the highest dorm damages bill and the lowest grade average on campus my freshman year, but probably just an urban myth. Dorm damage was a huge problem though, considering the combination of free keg delivery and idiot 18-19 year olds living in the Jungle back then.

Reaction Score
Northwest - Russsell
West - Hollister
Celeron
Celeron

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
The red house on Storrs Rd across from the Baptist Church is arguably one of the best houses near campus. Idk if it's still a rental but you can fit a few hundred people in that house no problem.

I know when I left a sorority had that house, want to say it was Delta Gamma. Awesome spot and definitely worth renting if it is available.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom