If we don't make the tourney next year, does Ollie deserve to get fired? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If we don't make the tourney next year, does Ollie deserve to get fired?

?

• Yes

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 150 61.5%
  • No, but he needs to go if we miss it a third straight year.

Votes: 62 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interested to hear what people think.

Dumbest question ever. We're a year removed from an NCAA championship, and you want to fire the guy? What do you think about Boeheim?:confused:

Seriously...........:mad:

Reaction Score
Dumbest question ever. We're a year removed from an NCAA championship, and you want to fire the guy? What do you think about Boeheim?:confused:

Seriously......:mad:

You weren't asking me but I'm happy to chime in. I think Boeheim is a coward and the biggest sleaze and bag in the history of college sports :)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
0DjYDEB.jpg

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Hey, I can remember when people complained about Calhoun. So, I guess Ollie doesn't get a free pass.
What amazes me is that a winning season, having every single game on television and an invite to the NIT is somehow viewed as a disaster.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
, I don't know if I can deal with 6 more months of these off-season posts. Holy !

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

...hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We were long overdue for one of these abominations...

Reaction Score
Interested to hear what people think.

I think that the question itself is too brief to answer accurately. If the team is fully healthy and we miss the tourney I wouldn't be against him being fired, or at least the school making a statement to him that his ass is on the line. If we suffer 1 major injury, I will no longer feel like the team is a tournament lock, so missing it wouldn't mean that much about Ollie's skills as a coach

Reaction Score
I think that the question itself is too brief to answer accurately. If the team is fully healthy and we miss the tourney I wouldn't be against him being fired, or at least the school making a statement to him that his ass is on the line. If we suffer 1 major injury, I will no longer feel like the team is a tournament lock, so missing it wouldn't mean that much about Ollie's skills as a coach

Do you think that the team, as currently constructed, is a "lock" for the tournament?

Reaction Score
Do you think that the team, as currently constructed, is a "lock" for the tournament?
In our conference, yeah, maybe lock isn't the right word, but if healthy, I think the talent is definitely there for the team to win most of the games in the AAC and make the tournament as like a 5-9

Reaction Score
In our conference, yeah, maybe lock isn't the right word, but if healthy, I think the talent is definitely there for the team to win most of the games in the AAC and make the tournament as like a 5-9

You'd have a hard time convincing me that next year's team will have more talent than this year's team, assuming no further additions, and this year's team was a ways from being a tournament team.

Reaction Score
Stop. I think Kevin Ollie will still be coaching UConn in the year 2040. He'll become a better recruiter and evolve into a better coach over time.

Reaction Score
You'd have a hard time convincing me that next year's team will have more talent than this year's team, assuming no further additions, and this year's team was a ways from being a tournament team.

Well maybe I would have a hard time, but I never once said a word about next year's team compared to this year's team, so thanks for inferring that and telling me I'm wrong.. Theres so much of that on this board it's maddening.

This year's team could have won 5 more games very easily. Just a few stupid mistakes per game away from being a bubble team. Not sure if you watched the tourney, but in the early rounds there were a lot of awful looking shots and bad turnovers like we've been watching all year. No clue why you think this year's team was completely untalented just because they lost a lot of games and had a disappointing year. The ball bounces a different way and a lot of those losses are wins. I think the team did the opposite the year before, and won or almost won a lot of games they didn't deserve to win

Reaction Score
Well maybe I would have a hard time, but I never once said a word about next year's team compared to this year's team, so thanks for inferring that and telling me I'm wrong.. Theres so much of that on this board it's maddening.

This year's team could have won 5 more games very easily. Just a few stupid mistakes per game away from being a bubble team. Not sure if you watched the tourney, but in the early rounds there were a lot of awful looking shots and bad turnovers like we've been watching all year. No clue why you think this year's team was completely untalented just because they lost a lot of games and had a disappointing year. The ball bounces a different way and a lot of those losses are wins. I think the team did the opposite the year before, and won or almost won a lot of games they didn't deserve to win

I swear to god, the whining on this site is unbearable. I'm not apologizing for interpreting your stupid thoughts in a perfectly reasonable way. You think next year's team should be a tournament lock, I'm sorry, that's not supported by the facts.

Reaction Score
Next off season is critical to KO as far as recruiting. If he misses bad next year and he doesn't bring in any impact players with DHAM probably leaving then it could mean the end of his reign as coach. I'm sure they will give him at least 3 bad years to prove himself but I don't think we can afford 4 years of missing the tourney with the precarious position we are in due to our conference affiliation. I hope KO can do it and I like many feel he needs to make a staff change to accomplish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom