If Jackson Played for Calhoun… | Page 10 | The Boneyard

If Jackson Played for Calhoun…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Might be scheme.. Might be by design.. Might be matchups.. But IMO.. Andre has been playing with more discipline with the ball in his hands.. He's getting it into Newton's hands quicker in recent games.. So that he(TN) can set up offense quicker in shot clock if the up court pass is not there to a shooter.

When he gets a defensive board and immediately takes ball up court in transition.. He is a weapon that Danny doesn't want to limit. Have noticed he is also getting ball up-court to Hawk --in his spots-- quicker and decisively.

He is who he is.. Too valuable on the other side of the ball/boards/50-50 balls/deflections/D to have on bench for extended periods of time. At his best.. A tremendously disruptive player

Reaction Score
He would be riding the bench for some of the lapses he had once again tonight. The technical, the unnecessary charge, the wild shots….

I don’t put this on Jackson but rather Hurley. He is going to have to hold him more accountable because we will not be able to compete at the highest levels with these types of plays.

This is more about Hurley than Jackson - he needs to be a bit more like Jim Calhoun and holding players accountable during the game when they put themselves before the team.
Let’s get this back on track.......he’d be over 30 and ineligible!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That’s a good point too. Since he can’t shoot his passing is held to a higher standard. Tough but true. Sometimes can be too high of a standard and I’m certainly guilty of being too harsh.

I get that, but the problem is you can apply that thinking to every player on the team. Name me one player that doesn't have flaws. Are we limiting everyone on the roster to 23-25 minutes? Hawkins sometimes misses 3s at inopportune times, let's limit his minutes. Sanogo sometimes forces up shots, let's limit his minutes. Clingan fouls too much, let's limit his minutes.

Andre is one of our best players even with his flaws, so to me I don't think him averaging 1.9 TOs per game is enough of a reason to cut his minutes.

Reaction Score
Well we can finally agree on something!
Ha yes maybe now we can call a detente and you don’t have to waste your time downvoting every post that criticizes Jackson in any way

Reaction Score
I get that, but the problem is you can apply that thinking to every player on the team. Name me one player that doesn't have flaws. Are we limiting everyone on the roster to 23-25 minutes? Hawkins sometimes misses 3s at inopportune times, let's limit his minutes. Sanogo sometimes forces up shots, let's limit his minutes. Clingan fouls too much, let's limit his minutes.

Andre is one of our best players even with his flaws, so to me I don't think him averaging 1.9 TOs per game is enough of a reason to cut his minutes.
It’s not the same. He’s a wing who doesn’t score. If he doesn’t score, his passing, rebounding and defense have to be incredible. Usually they are. When they’re not, it makes no sense to play him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It’s not the same. He’s a wing who doesn’t score. If he doesn’t score, his passing, rebounding and defense have to be incredible. Usually they are. When they’re not, it makes no sense to play him.

They don't all have to be "incredible" for him to provide value. If Andre holds the other team's best offensive player to 10 points under his average that's not good enough to mitigate for his lack of scoring? You're saying if he only had a "good" rebounding and A/TO night that he wouldn't be providing value to the team? That doesn't make sense to me.

Reaction Score
Ha yes maybe now we can call a detente and you don’t have to waste your time downvoting every post that criticizes Jackson in any way
Hard pass. If you continue to post nonsense that's easily disproven with stats you'll get a downvote

Reaction Score
They don't all have to be "incredible" for him to provide value. If Andre holds the other team's best offensive player to 10 points under his average that's not good enough to mitigate for his lack of scoring? You're saying if he only had a "good" rebounding and A/TO night that he wouldn't be providing value to the team? That doesn't make sense to me.
Holding the guy to ten points under his average is incredible, so yes then he’s providing value the team. I think Jackson is a huge asset and should play a lot. I just don’t know if it would be better for him to come off the bench or have a shorter leash in order to better highlight his strengths and mitigate his weaknesses.

Reaction Score
Let’s hope he’s on the road to recovery as the last couple games are tracking in a positive direction no doubt. His defense in the GTown game was good as was everyone else. And everyone’s defense in the first half the other night was really good best since the holiday tourney. His offense is better and I mean that by not making as many head scratchers. But people need to realize the other team could care less whether he gets 7-9 points because they’re happier being able to slough off and double down on Sanogo or Hawk coming off a pick. Our offense needs him to make the fewest errors possible due to the fact they’re playing 4 on 5.

Love the direction of his play as of late hope it continues.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This somehow conjures two things from other times & parts of my life.

Said by wise client and agency executives: "Only 50% of advertising works, but it's impossible to know which 50%, so we continue to produce and place 100%."

With a sweet smile that registered appreciation for my compliment during the early falling-in-love days, an old girlfriend responded when I said how nice/wonderful/whatever she was: "Except when I'm not."

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Why is this thread here? So derogatory towards one of our players.
More often than not, threads like this are kind of a gumbo composed of ingredients from the sketchier recesses of the refrigerator: hot takes, dead horse beating, trolling, fixed agendas, emotional immaturity, "I do me" push backs, attempts to control the uncontrollable, turf battles, rabbit holes, digressions, macho posturing...many resting on an "I got a right to be brutally honest" posture that elevates the brutal over the honest. In other words, these are not the freshest or healthiest building blocks.

It's easy to forget that such bickering adds very little of positive value, and arguably weakens our fan unity, which in turn dilutes the positive boost that fan support can provide.

We dislike such risky and compromising behaviors when we see with or between the coaches and players. Regularly on The Boneyard, we appear to hold ourselves to lesser standards...and many defend this.

I offer my own post as an example of trying to control the uncontrollable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom