If Edsall gets fired, who's on short list of potential HC? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

If Edsall gets fired, who's on short list of potential HC?

Reaction Score
NO MORE ASS’ts from ND please. I like Jon Wholley. Although I don’t know much about him. Wasn’t he a coach here at one time or another?

if you feel compelled to take an assistant coach, at least make sure he’s a good one. A Broyles Award winner would be a good place to start.

Reaction Score
Next year is UCONN'S breakthrough year baby...and don't you forget it. Randy will drag this program back to respectability by year five regardless of conference affiliation, lack of institutional support, recruiting difficulties, and a non-existent fan base.

Did I just say that? Honey, pass me my elixir.

Reaction Score
Let's get wild and pull from the high school ranks.

#12, #17, #6, #18, #25 in that order. Sure none are from CT but they have ties in big recruiting states and know how to win. Plus they'd probably not be as expensive as current college coaches and their current teams could probably give an RE led UConn a run for its money.

I mean, what do we have to lose?

Reaction Score
Obviously getting ahead of myself, but in theory, lets say Benedict fires Randy Edsall December 2nd.... Who's realistically on short list of potential HC to go after?

Give some names and why.
A high school coach from Vermont! Why? Because any other coaches would need to check into a mental hospital, because they would be insane if they accepted a job with a very cloudy future.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
NO MORE ASS’ts from ND please. I like Jon Wholley. Although I don’t know much about him. Wasn’t he a coach here at one time or another?
Defensive Assistant

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
if you feel compelled to take an assistant coach, at least make sure he’s a good one. A Broyles Award winner would be a good place to start.
Diaco won a Broyles Award...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Wholley? Seriously?

You put him on the list over Al Golden who used to give Randy fits with much less talent?

Wholley is not even really a coach.
Fine throw Al Golden on the list too! Could use some nice new navy blue ties around here! Who’s on your list?

Reaction Score
Wholley? Seriously?

You put him on the list over Al Golden who used to give Randy fits with much less talent?

Wholley is not even really a coach.
Ok live and learn. I remember the n@m. Guess I will leave it up to you more knowledgeable guys.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Here’s my short list... plus add in ANY P5 HC who is fired after this season, minus Addazio.
I appreciate the effort with the list. My preference is someone who is semi young (hungry is what I want), has been a successful OC and HC in any collegiate level. I want someone who thinks offensively and knows how to run a good program. I would also accept a retread if not too old and they have the drive to succeed.

Reaction Score
Yup, Lembo is a brainy type (Gtown Grad). He's all substance with little flash. Warde instead chose a good looking used car salesman.
For a second I swear you were talking about Brodie Van Wagenen #LGM

Reaction Score
Diaco won a Broyles Award...

As Clint Eastwood said, "a man's got to know his limitations."

Some can have one stellar year as a Coordinator under a great head coach but stumble in the big guy's slot. Belichick failed at Cleveland before he became a genius with the Patriots so maybe we shouldn't write Diaco off but what's happened in his career since leaving us doesn't seem to bode well.

Similarly, Ron Dayne, Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel all won the Heisman Trophy and didn't show in their next jobs that they were what some believed them to be.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I have to say Nick Rolovich is a person of interest for HC
I had to look him up. He's spent his whole life on the west coast and is currently the HC at Hawaii. You'd have to give me one spectacular raise to leave Hawaii for the northeast.
That brings up the question, does the next HC need to have some kind of NE connection or is that overrated?

Reaction Score
I had to look him up. He's spent his whole life on the west coast and is currently the HC at Hawaii. You'd have to give me one spectacular raise to leave Hawaii for the northeast.
That brings up the question, does the next HC need to have some kind of NE connection or is that overrated?
You don’t really need a NE connection. If they are from the west coast it can open up new pipelines. If a coach wins in NE recruits will have interest. It’s all about building a solid football team.

Reaction Score
What about Rick Pitino, he is probably looking for something to do and he knows how to sell recruits on a school, that's kind of what the football team needs. A coach that can sell recruits on aSSets that the college life can give.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I have to say Nick Rolovich is a person of interest for HC
Why leave Hawaii tho? It’s a Mtn. West member and they can recruit decent players every once in a while.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Anyone else see Noel Thomas’ tweet? Hire him as OC???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom