I love UConn but I also | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I love UConn but I also

Reaction Score
Between my wife and I, we have allegiance to a quarter of the ACC...UVA, UNC, NCst...and...Dook

I mostly just follow UConn basketball but we had a home and home in football when I was at UVA and I still found myself rooting for UConn even though the closest association I have with UConn is playing soccer for a former UConn assistant coach...and living in CT growing up
Please to turn in your Boneyard ID card, thank you.

Reaction Score
I love UConn Huskies basketball but I also.. am a fan of UNC-Greensboro basketball.

I was born in Connecticut and have followed the huskies for as long as I can remember.. but probably more like since 1993, when I was 5 years old, I remember my father explaining the game of basketball to me while watching a UConn game live, when we had Ray Allen, Donyell, Donny, TK and KO. My family grew me up a UConn fan, but when i was young we moved to North Carolina, I ended up getting a college scholarship and I graduated from UNCG. While UConn has been great for many years now, the other ncaa basketball team i follow is 14-3 (NET: 89) this year after making it to the tourney last year for the 3rd time ever.

Does anyone else have an Alma mater that you pull for that isn't UConn?

I've drank my fair share of sacreds and force fed myself enough turkey and ketchup sandwiches to be able to pull for another team (;
I live 20 min from UVM

Reaction Score
I went to UNCW during their nice run over the past few years with Kevin Keatts, a great time to be at the school. Now that I live in CLT, I pull for NC State as my second team because of Keatts.

I think he’s going to be one of the great coaches in this game over the next 20+ years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
film-pulp_fiction-1994-vincent_vega-john_travolta-tshirts-uc_santa_cruz_banana_slugs_shirt-595x335.jpg

Since this was shortly after the movie, I definitely bought the shirt.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Kentucky.

Always in the mix. Fun watching the best players of every class get after it. Like their commitment to excellence.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Waterbury Center here. Rochester, can’t get there from here

It’s on Rt 100 not far at all by Vermont Standards. We go to Waterbury all the time.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They are like UConn women of men’s basketball

exactly, The correlation is perfect. Im a fan of both and a fan of excellence

Reaction Score
East Texas State is my alma mater, now Texas A&M-Commerce. Division II sports and in 2017 they won the DivII championship in football for the first time ever. Proud of those guys. Also like to follow Army as my dad got hooked on them.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
My wife went to Duke and has brainwashed my 7 year old son (not hard given all the publicity Duke gets). As much as I try not to root against Duke (like now, down 1 vs FSU with 5 secs left), I usually end up secretly hoping they lose...at least in the regular season.
Ummm, Mods?

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I grew up near Marist College and, to a lesser extent, Army.

I bought season tickets to Marist basketball when I was a freshman in high school and later, Army football.

I'm still a booster for both schools in various sports.
Awesome. I was a freshman at Marist when Basile, Tomidy and Kareem Hill were seniors. Great team and Coach Magarity was an awesome guy. Didn’t miss a home game in 4 years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Awesome. I was a freshman at Marist when Basile, Tomidy and Kareem Hill were seniors. Great team and Coach Magarity was an awesome guy. Didn’t miss a home game in 4 years.

I think Magarity’s first year was my first as a season ticket holder - I think it was Smit’s junior year and right as the NCAA sanctions were about to hit.

It was right after Mike Perry’s term as coach.

(Perry had the most amazing tenure at Marist....he got the job, committed a bunch of violations recruiting Smits and other Europeans, got caught and then confronted by Marist’s administration and was then fired when he told them that he intended on committing more violations if he had to. That took four months - he never coached a game.)

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Miami of Ohio during the Wally Szerbiac days. Going to grad school there at the time. Still remembering yelling out my door after the 99’ championship and having my neighbor yell at me to shut up because he was studying for a test. Good times!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Where in Waterbury? Nice town, love living here.

Mostly Pro Pig, Craft Beer Cellar, Avrads, the hardware store, Ben & Jerry's, the Cabot Cheese/Smuggler's Notch distillery tourist center, that kind of thing.

Lawson's opening in Waitsfield, along with a new Worthy Burger Too (soon) means we may make fewer trips north of there.

Reaction Score
I have a BA and an MBA from Uconn. I have rooted for them since my high school days. Especially love basketball - men's and women's. I lived in San Diego for 30 years and thought I was becoming an SDSU fan until they met in the NCAA tournament. I despised SDSU that day. I remember the comment that someone made - SDSU was playing checkers and Kemba was playing chess.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Grew up in ct but thought it would be fun to go away for college. Ended up at the university of Minnesota. I realized it was just a big public university but more complicated getting home during breaks so I transferred to UConn.
I have great memories of Minneapolis so I like to cheer for them
Ski-u-mah!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Grew up 15 minutes from Berkeley and always will be a CAL fan. Went to UConn
How the heck did that happen?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics