I love UConn but I also | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I love UConn but I also

Reaction Score
Or, does anyone else have another NCAA basketball team you pull for, for any other reason? If so, why?
Vermont. I love it when schools at their level give the big boys a run for their money. Why Vermont? I don’t know. I lived there for awhile, old yankee conference school. I Root for URI as well. But not of course if these teams play Uconn!

Reaction Score
Northeastern when I can. They haven't been as good since JJ was there.

I'm a Celtics fan and have been a Bobcats/Hornets fan since Kemba was drafted. I remember watching that first Bobcats season on League pass. That was brutal.

I'm such a UConn basketball stan that I tend to follow any team a UConn player is a part of. I root for the UConn player to kill even if it's against the C's.

Really hope Purvis gets a 10 day contract.
I think he and Brimah will get a chance on a roster later in the season

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It's Fairfield for me too. Spent 3 years there (79-82) doing a dual degree program with UConn.
Awesome a fellow Stag, I'm class of 2015. Grew up a UConn fan but somehow never made it there for school. Currently getting my masters online at Penn State so I'm 0/2 on being a student at UConn.

In other news, Fairfield basketball is awful and needs to be rebuilt.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I grew up in Connecticut. I've been a UConn fan since I was a little kid (when Ray Allen was on the team). However, I went to BYU for undergrad so I am also a fan of the Cougars. Their basketball program has been reasonably solid for quite a while, although the last few years have been down years.

Reaction Score
Between my wife and I, we have allegiance to a quarter of the ACC...UVA, UNC, NCst...and...Dook

I mostly just follow UConn basketball but we had a home and home in football when I was at UVA and I still found myself rooting for UConn even though the closest association I have with UConn is playing soccer for a former UConn assistant coach...and living in CT growing up

Reaction Score
My mom and I visited my older sister at URI the day they beat Kansas back in '98. Left a huge impression on me.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Canisius(hence the name). Program is in shambles though.

Aye that’s awesome, I didn’t know that!

I have a Univ. Buffalo law degree and they play 5 minutes away from my house so I’ve always rooted for them. It’s finally paying off this year.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I grew up near Marist College and, to a lesser extent, Army.

I bought season tickets to Marist basketball when I was a freshman in high school and later, Army football.

I'm still a booster for both schools in various sports.

Big Sean Kennedy fan.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Eh that’s awesome, I didn’t know that!

I have a Univ. Buffalo degree and they play 5 minutes away from my house so I’ve always rooted for them. It’s finally paying off this year.
Huh, I’m a Buffalo grad too that picked up UConn when I moved to CT 18 years ago. Bulls basketball has been stunning.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I dated a girl from UC Santa Cruz and spent a fair amount of time around campus, so I tend to pull for their ultimate Frisbee team. Go Banana Slugs.

film-pulp_fiction-1994-vincent_vega-john_travolta-tshirts-uc_santa_cruz_banana_slugs_shirt-595x335.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I root for the schools I went to:

UConn
URI
Springfield College
AIC

Bring the hate, but in football, Syracuse when they aren't playing UConn. My dad was a fan, and he went to college with MacPherson, so I went to a lot of games as a kid.

I grew up a Syracuse fan but somehow switched. Not sure why, I guess because I decided the fruit was a little arrogant for what they were or maybe it’s simply because I crossed state lines.

Reaction Score
Northeastern when I can. They haven't been as good since JJ was there.

I was a freshman at northeastern in 2004-05. Those first few years were pretty great with JJB and Shawn James. They weren't a great team, but they were FUN to watch

Reaction Score
I pull for the Wisconsin Badgers pretty hard, mostly because I loved Bo Ryan and Jordan Taylor. Pulled for URI during the Hurley era because I had friends who went there, but less so since he left as their fans have been brutal about it. Pull for CCSU and try to watch their games whenever they're on TV

Poe

Reaction Score
Lehigh, especially after the glorious year when McCollum and the boys beat duke

Reaction Score
Bucknell grad. They weren’t even on the b-ball radar when I was there 87-91, but follow them a bit now and root for them except if they face the Huskies. Have a kid at OU now so keep an eye on them too.

Reaction Score
I’m kinda the opposite, grew up loving St. John’s but’s converted to Uconn once going there. Now that Mullen is at the helm, I want them to do well.

My son will be playing baseball a team Holy Cross, so I’m starting to follow their teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom