i feel major ups and downs coming | Page 2 | The Boneyard

i feel major ups and downs coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Monitoring HFD is going to pure gold for the next few weeks.

whats going to be pure gold is watching this whole board minus maybe 5 posters eat crow on the CR stuff and then when the fun times are done realize we still have 50 major issues in our ath dept that have yet to be solved becuase we are slow and incompetent.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's all hands on deck time, we got your back HFD. But even if it needs to be gift wrapped and hand delivered to Storrs... I say do it.

Reaction Score
whats going to be pure gold is watching this whole ****ing board minus maybe 5 posters eat crow on the CR stuff and then when the fun times are done realize we still have 50 major issues in our ath dept that have yet to be solved becuase we are slow and incompetent.

In the interest of keeping score.....what are we all eating crow about? Serious question.

Reaction Score
HFD all you need is to filter the message. Most people are intimidated by an avalanche of information. One thing I will say, unfiltered ideas are why many successful companies (no offense) use kids as their focus groups. Their ideas are not bound by convention or pc. They give their reactions and the marketing gurus interpret the data and set the strategy to reach the target market. Just need some structure to put those ideas to work.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
In the interest of keeping score.....what are we all eating crow about? Serious question.

uconn to the b10 soon. i have no timeline or date to be guessed. uconn has been invited to the acc twice in 2 years and said no thanks we will wait and see both times. all of the media and pr post those have been mostly fake/ugly/amied on purpose. espn only pumps uconn when it need to for th acc and the bc ad 2 years ago said what he did becuase he helped uconn get that invite back then and then we said no thanks becuase the b10 came offering, he then was upset and spiteful. the cold war was born. that was day 1 of the rift of how uconn rose enough so quickly that is passed cuse, pitt and bc in the bcs world. just wait and see....i can go on for hourse about the past couple years and ever thing from ads, espn and other media comments. crow more like corn pie.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD all you need is to filter the message. Most people are intimidated by an avalanche of information. One thing I will say, unfiltered ideas are why many successful companies (no offense) use kids as their focus groups. Their ideas are not bound by convention or pc. They give their reactions and the marketing gurus interpret the data and set the strategy to reach the target market. Just need some structure to put those ideas to work.

i understand and agree jim. i just dont care here but i feel i am forced to soon. if i make my post here with my dieas nd stuff, it will be written in a professional way, not my typical text type and grammar lack.

Reaction Score
I love your energy HFD but UConn did not turn down the ACC twice. Not even once.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
uconn to the b10 soon. i have no timeline or date to be guessed. uconn has been invited to the acc twice in 2 years and said no thanks we will wait and see both times. all of the media and pr post those have been mostly fake/ugly/amied on purpose. espn only pumps uconn when it need to for th acc and the bc ad 2 years ago said what he did becuase he helped uconn get that invite back then and then we said no thanks becuase the b10 came offering, he then was upset and spiteful. the cold war was born. that was day 1 of the rift of how uconn rose enough so quickly that is passed cuse, pitt and bc in the bcs world. just wait and see....i can go on for hourse about the past couple years and ever thing from ads, espn and other media comments. crow more like corn pie.
Seriously Dan, I want to know what it is that your are drinking and how in hell it is still legal to buy it in this country.

Reaction Score

So you're saying we told the ACC to piss off twice because we had our eyes on B1G?

Um, ok. I will gladly eat that crow, because that is one of the nuttier things I've heard.

Reaction Score
HFD- when the hell did Uconn turn down 1 invitation to the ACC? Let alone 2? Kid you really are going all crazy. Im as fired up as you are but your crazy. Theres no way uconn would turn down 2 offers after they see what the new big east is. Please dude stop making up with your fake phony "Connections" Lets start a movement with true facts and not BS. Dan you have good ideas but please stop acting like your some undercover conference realignment guy. with that said blow up Warde/Susy's emails. GET EM HFD!!!!

Reaction Score
for anyone who disbelieves his theory, reread herbst's comment the day before the acc vote to add louisville, and then her written statement given thereafter. combine this with herbst's and manuel's decision to go forward with their thanksgiving vacation in the virgin islands while louisville's ad was back on the mainland marshalling and directing louisville's lobbying effort.

if you do, you're going to tell your loved ones, you're going to sea.

I am not folllowing the flotilla to Rhode Island. I have no reason to think any of you can steer it safely. On the other hand, I'm in on the action to take I-287 through Westchester by force. My wife asked me to ask if we can annex a half mile on each side of the road, which should be sufficient so we can raid and pillage The Westchester.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I am not folllowing the flotilla to Rhode Island. I have no reason to think any of you can steer it safely. On the other hand, I'm in on the action to take I-287 through Westchester by force. My wife asked me to ask if we can annex a half mile on each side of the road, which should be sufficient so we can raid and pillage The Westchester.
BL,

I have yet to meet your wife but for some reason I have a feeling that it wouldn't be the first time she pillaged the Westchester.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that pictures HFD's living room to look like John Nash's work room in A Beautiful Mind? Newspaper clippings of all of the conferences taped up on a wall with lines crossed all over the place and different words circled. The floor littered with empty Red Bull cans and Popov bottles.

I'm rooting for your craziness to be real if for no other reason than telling the ACC to stuff it to join the B1G would make me laugh for a week.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I've got your back Dan. I liked your total post and appreciate your commitment to our University. Need more fans like you. I actually have faith in BOTH Herbst and Manuel, but hear your 'concern' about the potential to lose focus on 2 very important issues while focusing on/awaiting resolution to another very important issue. Keep me(us) up to date on what you're doing / thinking.

Well said. Agree with 95% of this (for me, jury still out on Warde). Dan, i'm in your posse...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I want it to be true that UConn turned down the ACC for the B1G. I guess I don't want it quite as much as Dan does though, mainly cause I STILL WANT TO GET THE duck* OUT OF THE NNNNNBE END OF STORY!!!!!!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
HFD I still think you'd be great for the PR dept. Dunno if I'm totally on board with the belief in the B1G but I'd gladly eat crow if I was wrong! I hope whatever you have up your sleeve is legit!

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I am not folllowing the flotilla to Rhode Island. I have no reason to think any of you can steer it safely.

Come on BL, this will scare the out of everyone when they see it sailing east in Long Island Sound!

navy-fleet.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
story time as warde nears his deadline:

back in the summer of 2011 susan herbst started here at uconn. she was already familiar with the acc and what was going on. so when she took charge she knew that the acc had its eyes on 2 to 4 teams to expand with soon. she knew that a internal study done by acc ppl(which was later leaked by fsu becuase they wern't happy) showed that wvu, uconn/ruty, lville, cuse and pitt were the most valueable in order from the big east. back then swofford was on a high horse becuase he thought he was going to detroy the big east and its bball by using fball and espn as a home for the big boys. swofford passed on wvu becuase he knew they wouldn't get in on academics. tobacco road and north wouldn't view them as worthy and vt didn't want wvu a powerhouse potential and great history in the same league so close to them. remember vt was still riding that streak of great years then burning in bcs games. one of the first things susan did was go to bc and smooth things over with the govener. she knew a good amount of the acc already and aso knew that she needed to start north on a good footing. she did one hell of a job. but we also were at the time developing a major relationship with rutgers in everything possible. thats where we started our b10 talks. we filled out the application just like ruty had done a full year in advance like that and soon after started talking to them. thats why we quietly invested in figuring out the hockey situation back then. the b10 was starting a puck league and looking at new england. among all the reasons in new england to look for chools, down the list a few bullets was the puck league and how could they penetrate hockey east and potenital use its big names and tv brand to trump it long term. there is inverntory and $ to be made at the high levels of puck if done right and the b10 owns puck land about everywhere acept new england. susan saw this as a major flaw in uconn.

the rent was expandable, and research could be upped in time but puck needed action. so thats why it was decided on so quickly. it made us have that extra positive. tis is why her vision is what it is and why she hired warde. so back to late summer 2011. the acc has its study and now knowing wvu is off the board, wvu starts to look around. the acc wanted ruty and uconn. together the 2 came to the conclusion of what the future was holding in CR that it was better to stay put in the short term and see what happens before making moves later. they asumed slots would be there later for them and that they could keep the fball league together for a couple more years in doing so. what they didn't plan on was this. cuse and pitt were then invited and the acc was pissed about being denied. cuse and pitt are private and half private schools who grew up as fball powers that now are a bit washed up and dream bball like the dukes of the world. the acc is the perfect conf for them and they took bait asap.

this was the first time ruty and uconn realized how bad espn wanted to shrink its holdings by 1 league and was willing pr wise to damage them. they not to say misplayed, but miscounted for how agressive espn would get. i still to this day agree with the moves. anyway wvu was searching and begging the sec. there was even rumors of pitt going with them before they pulled the acc trigger. remember those? 2 teams from the same market lol. wvu found a great filler slot in the b12 and left imediately. the reason? becuase of academics once they found out that 2 of the 3 confs were not possible, u might as well fill your slot and not hang around so that u dont get passed. sounds familiar(cough lville cough). so that was the first go around in which uconn and ruty passed on acc invites.

fast forward. uconn is aiming incredibly high research and faculty wise. why? for fun? anyway, the b10 has been sniffing around for a long time and they got md and ruty. i have already given my position on this whole CR move the past month on the CR board so i'm not going thru it again. we were invited and decided to wait again. in order for lville to be taken by the acc it shows whats going on. it shows that enough slots will be open that academics now dont matter(cough wvu pass up last year), it shows that those schools voting ok who have academics high are seeing other possibilities and it shows schools are being nasty. fsu is going to stick the acc with bull crap on puepose and pull the b12 trigger when it feels time to do so. it wants nothing more than duke and lville and cincy to hang out. thats revenge for not getting wvu fball into the league. thats the rift.

why did uconn pass up a 2nd time? becuase the b10 is still the gaol and the acc will always have slots open if we dont get to the b10. the difference is this, susan is be strategic in this. shes willing to fly the big east flag until it cant be flown any more(getting close) and then move to the b10. small exit fee and no pr hit for it. if she went to the acc and then the b10 its a car crash pr wise as espn can then assult u and the $ is a lot worse. just imagine aafter all the years, espn gets u into the acc and then u bail. can u imagine the pr from that?!?!?!!? and your telling me we dont already gave pr issues from a old lawsuit to the arp thing? jesus christ she is making a GREAT strategic decision and everyone one of u old bball hacks (sorry thats not right of me ut emphasis..) doesn't see it becuase your blind to the situation and grew up on the acc being a quality league. its not any more and its future is not bringht.

we passed on the acc twice and are going b10. if we dont make the b10 cut, then the acc will always have a slot for us. the minute then rushed and took lville for pr reasons so that espn doesn't lose everything to fox told u that. sit down, relax and get coach p and d the hell out of here. i beg all of u to help get this done thru media pressure. we need to hit the b10 in 2014 with a new coach in year 2 of a rebuild and not year 1. that would be the year whitmer-davis-phillips-lyle-frank would all be seniors if u get my drift. potential is great if ppl here would sstop letting espn and the pr control there lives. do u believe everything u see on tv and the internet? then how come 99% of u all follow the uconn is in CR all the time? why becuase the bc ad was pissed he got played and decided to shoot his mouht off and try to look like he won instead? why do u think the other acc ppl and espn just told him to sshhh right away and we said nothing back? becuase we knew he went out of his way and was going to look bad to bc fans who hated uconn, so when we played him the cold war was taken to a new level. let him have his fun becuase we were in the process of passing him. so bet it ...

bc ad retires, jc retires and several other interesting things the past half year. why? bcuase each one of them had lives there lives by saying things. jc wasn't coaching anywhere but the big east and the bc ad would never let uconn in. little did the bc ad know we would turn down a invite a 2nd time. what we didn't know is that the acc would fall apart so quickly. we didn't know md was so high on the b10s list. we thought ruty and uconn were the move together.

so here we are, still have b10 eyes and a foot going that way but we are in the big east with cincy, temple and cusa. we passed the acc again and lville now went in a desperate measure by espn/acc to fill slots and show strenght to fox. what we didn't account for was unc/gtech types also having b10 eyes and getting them before us so we are stuck in a tough slot. i have faith in susan but either way we will be ok. as u read all this in time slots in your head think back to what espn wa spumping each time and what happened, then think post each move what espn pumped. yea, its funny now when u relaize it...

its 12, good luck to u warde beucase i will wage a war that will make nam look like 2 kids playing at mcdonalds. fire coach p and gdl!

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
HFD, I'm not sure what is more difficult to deal with, your spelling, your grammar or your questionable (often non-existent) punctuation. A few different times I had to read a sentence at least twice to figure out what it was that you were saying. My conclusion is that you've moved from alcohol to some form of hallucinogen.

Good luck tomorrow.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Um, so, ahhhhh.....none of that is actually true.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Um, so, ahhhhh.....none of that is actually true.

even the part that cuse and pitt joined the acc? man oh man am i off then. dam. so who did join the acc? was it usf?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
misplayed? miscounted? What words are these?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dude, enough.

We didn't turn down the ACC once, twice or even three times. UConn was Fed Ex'ing and faxing info to ACC members right up to the point that they were told it was a no-go.

And the Big Ten vetted UConn back in 2009/2010. We're not even on their B-list.

Cozy up - we're in this conference until someone decides to pluck another ACC team or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom