i feel major ups and downs coming | Page 3 | The Boneyard

i feel major ups and downs coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Um, so, ahhhhh.....none of that is actually true.

Actually Fishy, Dan is 100% accurate with "...the acc being a quality league. its not any more and its future is not bringht", if nothing else. Irrespective of whether Dan actually does possess actual inside info from a legit source, or he's just another R. Crowe from A Beautiful Mind with a bottle of Jack in one hand and his little blankie in the other as many here surmise, that "truth" is undeniable.

Absent ND going all in, the acc is not sustainable revenue wise as compared to the Big 4 and is Dead Man Walking...

#B1GHARDER

Reaction Score
BL,

I have yet to meet your wife but for some reason I have a feeling that it wouldn't be the first time she pillaged the Westchester.

Sorry -- buying stuff and pulling out the Gold Card is not "pillaging." I want a full out sack where the victors simply take stuff.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Actually Fishy, Dan is 100% accurate with....

Actually, Dan is bat s*** crazy. His UConn/ACC theory is ridiculous and doesn't even have a toe dipping into reality.

I think you're going to find that the ACC is more sustainable than you think - and you should hope it is. In a four-conference scenario, UConn is not included. We're not even included in the the five-conference scenario, so all the "wishcasting" hope for the demise of the ACC is incredibly wrong-headed.

Reaction Score
Crazy or not, good salesman spin on the situation. Instead of the ACC knowing that UConn/Cinci are ready and waiting to join the ACC while they look for "better" options and internal conflict, we are in the power position. UConn is holding off for the B10 invite we have been working for 3 years knowing that we can join the ACC at any time. Nice.

What actor would play HFD in Conspiracy Theory 2? I don't think Mel Gibson would be in for that sequel.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Actually, Dan is bat s*** crazy. His UConn/ACC theory is ridiculous and doesn't even have a toe dipping into reality.

I think you're going to find that the ACC is more sustainable than you think - and you should hope it is. In a four-conference scenario, UConn is not included. We're not even included in the the five-conference scenario, so all the "wishcasting" hope for the demise of the ACC is incredibly wrong-headed.

Yep. The B1G may be a dream scenario...but so is winning half a billion in Powerball. It's simply not something you can hang your hat on. It isn't a viable plan. It isn't even a backup plan.

So our best realistic scenario is UConn to the ACC in place of somebody else, or should Notre Dame decide to go all in when their NBC deal is up. That's about it. So we might want to think about wishing the ACC well and spiffing up our image.

I don't know what they hell everyone's problem is, but we're a program that has played college football at this level for a very short time. We don't pack the stadium or have huge traveling caravans of fans (have any of you seen a Nebraska road game?). We had a few decent seasons...this wasn't one of them. Our basketball is excellent and Olympics are solid. If any of you thinks that the ACC isn't good enough for UConn you really are delusional. We fit geographically, academically and athletically. Those are the facts. It would be a very good situation for UConn. Is the ACC as strong as some other conferences in football? Not right now, no. But it is better in basketball (B1G looks very good this year though) once Cuse, Pitt and ND join, very strong in soccer and very strong in baseball. Football will be better than it is right now, as UNC comes off of sanctions and BC brings in a decent coach. NC State has a good foundation. Go back and look at that recruiting chart you all used to show why the B1G is in trouble, and you will see several ACC states producing a lot of football talent. Notre Dame will be playing 5 games a year vs. the ACC, helping up the strength of schedule and providing several heavily watched national TV games.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think some of the ACC death scenarios are people who just hate the ACC (understandable for UConn fans) buying into meth-addled WVU hallucinations because the story of Swofford getting his comeuppance makes you feel good. I don't want to feel good from something empty, I want to feel good because UConn is actually in a better situation. That could be provided by either the B1G or the ACC, and the ACC looks like a much better shot right now but it still depends on one or two more moves to open up a space for us.

Also, not that it makes that much of a difference, but Pitt is a public school. Look it up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Really? Well if after reading those detailed focused posts, you still don't get it...well I guess that you never will.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
pitt was always a private school untilt ehy split and went research heavy. they are and will always be a private school by identity they try to portray. when u hear ppl call them red heads or halfs and stuff, they are refering to pitt being half private half public as a school becuase thats how they act and want to be seen. pitt will always be lumped in with bc and cuse when it comes to groups. fwiw i am pretty sure temple is the same way, just behind in the athletics world....

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Dan almost all of my cousins on my dad's side attended Pitt. I have no idea where you're getting the private identity from. Maybe cause they like to play ND? Because they're urban compared to Penn State? They're not particularly religious, they have extensive ties to the community and city, their research is bigger than UConn's... I guess in public perception they might get mistaken for a private because their football sucks and their bball is better, but then that applies to Rutgers too (aside from bball cause their bball sucks too).

Reaction Score
Dan almost all of my cousins on my dad's side attended Pitt. I have no idea where you're getting the private identity from. Maybe cause they like to play ND? Because they're urban compared to Penn State? They're not particularly religious, they have extensive ties to the community and city, their research is bigger than UConn's... I guess in public perception they might get mistaken for a private because their football sucks and their bball is better, but then that applies to Rutgers too (aside from bball cause their bball sucks too).

Private = non-state school (e.g. Pitt is considered private and Penn State is public).

junglehusky

Reaction Score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_System_of_Higher_Education
The Commonwealth System of Higher Education is the organizing body of Pennsylvania's "state-related" schools, which allows the independent control of the universities while supplying them with the public funds needed for operations at each institution. Universities in the System are considered public universities, but are under independent control rather than that of the state.
(underlines added by me)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im not going to bother jungle. its a past/present thing with there identity and $ flow. i can care less as i hate them sorry. im currently on hold with news ch 8 customer service giving them a hot tip...

Reaction Score
Pitt and Temple both receive some state funding and could be considered "public". They are not subsidized to the extent that PSU is and therefore tuition is higher. PA is unusual in that the University of Pennsylvania is a private school and a member of the Ivy League.

Pitt and Syracuse receive state and federal funding, but I would consider them private schools.

Reaction Score
YES....Put something togeather.......Anything, it may help and save you from medical expenses......

Reaction Score
The more I think about it the more it feels like Warde got the job the decided to sit back and just be satisfied he has it. Kickin it in the Virgin Islands in the middle of the ACC vote? Like a president spending his entire term at Camp David.

Reaction Score
im not going to bother jungle. its a past/present thing with there identity and $ flow. i can care less as i ****ing hate them sorry. im currently on hold with news ch 8 customer service giving them a hot tip...

Any luck delivering that hot tip to WTNH? Can I help?

217262_10150172314544308_2959268_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99