i feel major ups and downs coming | The Boneyard

i feel major ups and downs coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
as u all know i want p and gdl gone. but i also believe that we have a b10 invite pending a yes and a no from 2 other schools. u all know my position of lville to the acc vs us and so on from the CR board. what i dont want is to go into this week with something good happening in the CR world and everyone here takes there eyes off the issue.

susan has my aproval and i think she will take us to the promise land. while she is doing a great job and being very visible to fans and students and donors(which i think is great considering the past 10 years) i am worried that she has a small fixable flaw. that flaw is where she comes from, that other bcs schools but ones that dont impress me when it somes to d1 big boy bcs athletic departments. i think that she came from schools that "get it" in the sports world but dont, "push it" in the sports world. shes got gt and duke expierence not michigan and psu if u smell my drift...so i think thats why she hired warde. she was looking for b10 connections and also a person that had been in a "push it" type athletic inviroment. i think ti was the right idea but i question the person. so be it, i am 1 jackass not the final say.

what i'm worried about is warde being able to make the call or calls correctly. if we ge tthis invite i think is coming, we need to asap refresh the whole athletic department and start a add campaign that featuers a new HC in fball who is here to bring us to the promise land on the field, a long term deal for KO and GA that screams family and state. i'm talking about commercials and the whole 9 yards.

i'm worried that susan and warde are waiting on the b10 before handling the coaches and other issues. i dont think this is the right approach. get done what u can now and do everything else later. it will all tie together.

i have been the biggest dick here since about 2 months ago and i apoligize to those who dont find it funny or helpful. but i am very worried that we may up big time in the imediate future by sitting back. i have condfidence that susan will prove those wrong who are down on her soon, but i am worried about warde proving himself to me and all those out there upset right now. warde, if u do take care of the things needed to be done-i will be your biggest fan from that day on out.

as of midnight 2night, if we have no action. i will start gathering emails of all those who need to be sent warde type emails to be made aware of the issue we have, this will force many media outlets to question uconn as to whats going on. draft up those letter ppl, i will have a list of emials for u soon it seems like unfortantely.

i have 1 other question for the BY-would ppl here suport me if i put together everything i know and all ideas i have and pitched it to uconn post this mess? i have a lot of things both on paper and in my head that would blow stacks in storrs. do u think its a good idea if i put something together?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I hate saying this (and there is no way this could be possible) but if it means B1G membership I'll gladly sit by quietly as P finishes his contract here.

Reaction Score
I usually understand your posts Dan. I have no clue what you said here though. I assume you meant to say:
-Warde Manuel is in your possession
-USS Connecticut is ready to fire if your negotiations fail

Reaction Score
i have 1 other question for the BY-would ppl here suport me if i put together everything i know and all ideas i have and pitched it to uconn post this mess? i have a lot of things both on paper and in my head that would blow stacks in storrs. do u think its a good idea if i put something together?

I have absolutely zero idea what you mean here. Do you by any chance wear a UCONN tin foil hat?

I would love to see the countless musings you have written in notebooks you plan on showing the administration.

Reaction Score
How can we answer that question when we don't what the answer is? If it involves people who are no longer here that is one thing and depends on how bad the answer is.
Does that make any sense?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
as u all know i want p and gdl gone. but i also believe that we have a b10 invite pending a yes and a no from 2 other schools. u all know my position of lville to the acc vs us and so on from the CR board. what i dont want is to go into this week with something good happening in the CR world and everyone here takes there eyes off the issue.

susan has my aproval and i think she will take us to the promise land. while she is doing a great job and being very visible to fans and students and donors(which i think is great considering the past 10 years) i am worried that she has a small fixable flaw. that flaw is where she comes from, that other bcs schools but ones that dont impress me when it somes to d1 big boy bcs athletic departments. i think that she came from schools that "get it" in the sports world but dont, "push it" in the sports world. shes got gt and duke expierence not michigan and psu if u smell my drift...so i think thats why she hired warde. she was looking for b10 connections and also a person that had been in a "push it" type athletic inviroment. i think ti was the right idea but i question the person. so be it, i am 1 jackass not the final say.

what i'm worried about is warde being able to make the call or calls correctly. if we ge tthis invite i think is coming, we need to asap refresh the whole athletic department and start a add campaign that featuers a new HC in fball who is here to bring us to the promise land on the field, a long term deal for KO and GA that screams family and state. i'm talking about commercials and the whole 9 yards.

i'm worried that susan and warde are waiting on the b10 before handling the coaches and other issues. i dont think this is the right approach. get done what u can now and do everything else later. it will all tie together.

i have been the biggest dick here since about 2 months ago and i apoligize to those who dont find it funny or helpful. but i am very worried that we may **** up big time in the imediate future by sitting back. i have condfidence that susan will prove those wrong who are down on her soon, but i am worried about warde proving himself to me and all those out there upset right now. warde, if u do take care of the things needed to be done-i will be your biggest fan from that day on out.

as of midnight 2night, if we have no action. i will start gathering emails of all those who need to be sent warde type emails to be made aware of the issue we have, this will force many media outlets to question uconn as to whats going on. draft up those letter ppl, i will have a list of emials for u soon it seems like unfortantely.

Out of curiosity does your room look anything like this?

crazybeautiful.jpg

Reaction Score
for anyone who disbelieves his theory, reread herbst's comment the day before the acc vote to add louisville, and then her written statement given thereafter. combine this with herbst's and manuel's decision to go forward with their thanksgiving vacation in the virgin islands while louisville's ad was back on the mainland marshalling and directing louisville's lobbying effort.

if you do, you're going to tell your loved ones, you're going to sea.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I can appreciate your well thought out post and the fact that it wasn't written in your usual shorthand.

I'd love to hear what your thoughts and ideas are. Just promise the title of them doesn't involve the word "manifesto".

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions for UConn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the rutgers ad gets it
Tim Pernetti@Tim_Pernetti
Dear @United, @RUAthletics (aka #RFamily), needs more flights Newark to Orlando for @RFootball Bowl Game on 12/28. If u help, we will fill!

i feel like u guys would rather joke around and (which is fine by me) then actually help figure out wtf the problem really is up in storrs becuase there clearly is a problem. i dont know if its a long time member of the ad who doesn't like computers and technology or no vision or hwat. i could write a 20 page vision for uconn in the next day if i had nothing to do that would crap greatness compared to whats going on in the ad up there right now.im just disgusted and pissed off at everyone. from the fans who dont want to take action to the ppl in the ad that are living in the yankee conf world instead of the B1G world.

the ruty ad could just call the airline and handle it, but that would be quietly gettting it done. he instead takes it public and will look great for ever seat he fills and the fanbase will get articles written about it now. simple but smart pr. our ad doesn't even have a actual twitter. its like this that makes me play with my rugger at night and question being a fan of a school that doesn't get it.

Reaction Score
I am not joking. I have zero idea what you are talking about. You say you have things "that will blow stacks". Please do elaborate. I don't even know what that phrase means.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I am not joking. I have zero idea what you are talking about. You say you have things "that will blow stacks". Please do elaborate. I don't even know what that phrase means.

blow minds basically with great ideas and vision

Reaction Score
Why don't you post that vision here. Not sure your vision could blow any of our minds, but I would love to see it. WOuld generate good discussion.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I usually understand your posts Dan. I have no clue what you said here though. I assume you meant to say:
-Warde Manuel is in your possession
-USS Connecticut is ready to fire if your negotiations fail

our media campaign come spring should be something like

"this state is talking a B1G step forward, if your don't like that then go to boston or providence"

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In case anyone hasn't noticed, coaches not going to bowl games that are going to be fired, were fired today. Slots are already being filled.

Unless Warde is on the phone measuring interest from preferred candidates, it doesn't look good for those of is hoping for a change. That or Warde is lacking a sense of urgency a top AD needs from it's director.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I hate saying this (and there is no way this could be possible) but if it means B1G membership I'll gladly sit by quietly as P finishes his contract here.

i wont becuase we shouldnt go an imdeiately look like idiots. we already have a huge image crisis here, it would only get worse.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Why don't you post that vision here. Not sure your vision could blow any of our minds, but I would love to see it. WOuld generate good discussion.

the minute i post it here, some 1 in storss prints it out and they may act on somethings and not others. but some 1 else gets credit for it. i want to see some 1 do this type of without it being put in his/her lap or i'll do it myself.

Reaction Score
I've got your back Dan. I liked your total post and appreciate your commitment to our University. Need more fans like you. I actually have faith in BOTH Herbst and Manuel, but hear your 'concern' about the potential to lose focus on 2 very important issues while focusing on/awaiting resolution to another very important issue. Keep me(us) up to date on what you're doing / thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom