I am so upset with the way Geno is handling Megan Walker | The Boneyard

I am so upset with the way Geno is handling Megan Walker

Reaction Score
I love the UConn Women and I have been a huge fan since ‘92 (when I was 10) but geez - the #1 recruit in the country is only getting garbage time minutes! I’m sure this is not what she envisioned when she decided to come to UConn.

Anybody else upset about this?

Reaction Score
I love the UConn Women and I have been a huge fan since ‘92 (when I was 10) but geez - the #1 recruit in the country is only getting garbage time minutes!
I’m sure this is not what she envisioned when she decided to come to UConn.

No and you're not her. If you were her, you'd be doing exactly what she is doing not what YOU think she should be doing! Get it?

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Maybe the only one who SHOULD be upset is MW herself. She works hard she gets in...she strings along good practices she gets game time. It's hers to be upset or not about, what we feel means nothing. Whatever she feels, she didn't come to UCONN to just take it...we'll see her on the floor soon enough. She's a fighter

Reaction Score
No and you're not her. If you were her, you'd be doing exactly what she is doing not what YOU think she should be doing! Get it?
I'm somewhere in between these posts. Not sure Meagan had any expectations coming in but I worry more about the starters and their ankle/foot injuries. Meagan has proven herself in games - Geno likely making a point. Not sure what it is but I worry about KLS, Kia, Crystal, etc at this point.

Reaction Score
I may not know nearly as much about basketball however I know a lot about managing people.

I hate saying all this but let’s see how this plays out.

Reaction Score
How about managing people on a basketball team?

I imagine that managing people in the real world has some similarities to managing people on a basketball team. I may be wrong tho. You seem to be the expert so I should probably divert to you.

Reaction Score
Do you get it? I’m not making any decisions - I’m just expressing my opinion - which I believe is the point of the BY
You said If you were her. I never understand that statement. Don't you mean if you were YOU in her situation? Like I said if you were her you would be doing as she is. Get it now?

Reaction Score
I imagine that managing people in the real world has some similarities to managing people on a basketball team. I may be wrong tho. You seem to be the expert so I should probably divert to you.
Yes you should. Lol

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I love the UConn Women and I have been a huge fan since ‘92 (when I was 10) but geez - the #1 recruit in the country is only getting garbage time minutes! I’m sure this is not what she envisioned when she decided to come to UConn.

Nope.

Reaction Score

Hard to argue with a guy that has been inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, won 11 National Championships, and coached the US Olympic team to multiple Gold medals.

Reaction Score
This thread is going downhill fast...

I went to a pre-season game of the Cleveland Cavs against the Celtics when LeBron was beginning his 2nd year in the league, and I was immediately blown away by his presence. I've never again felt that magic until I went to the Huskies first exhibition and within a minute of Meg's appearance on the court knew I was watching someone with supernal basketball instincts and talents. She moves so differently, her timing is perfect, her ability to create, etc. I've been an over-the-moon fan of hers on every post I can express myself.

If I've established my bona fides relative to Meg, I will say that I don't understand why anyone thinks Geno is "mishandling" her. Sure, in the last game, she didn't get in until the end. But as Nan said, we don't know what's going on with her physically. We also aren't privy (thank goodness!) to all the contact between players and coaching staff that goes on outside of games. We just have no idea of the conversations. Geno has trusted her big time in important moments. That's all I need to know.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Anyone following this program knows how Geno does things and it hasn't changed for years. Ask Shea Ralph what being a top recruit meant to Geno in her first year? :p

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This thread is going downhill fast...

I went to a pre-season game of the Cleveland Cavs against the Celtics when LeBron was beginning his 2nd year in the league, and I was immediately blown away by his presence. I've never again felt that magic until I went to the Huskies first exhibition and within a minute of Meg's appearance on the court knew I was watching someone with supernal basketball instincts and talents. She moves so differently, her timing is perfect, her ability to create, etc. I've been an over-the-moon fan of hers on every post I can express myself.

If I've established my bona fides relative to Meg, I will say that I don't understand why anyone thinks Geno is "mishandling" her. Sure, in the last game, she didn't get in until the end. But as Nan said, we don't know what's going on with her physically. We also aren't privy (thank goodness!) to all the contact between players and coaching staff that goes on outside of games. We just have no idea of the conversations. Geno has trusted her big time in important moments. That's all I need to know.
And anyone watching today's game can see why she needs more seasoning. The only thing Geno mishandles is occasionally his ties.

Reaction Score

No.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom