Hurley vs. fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley vs. fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Relax, we'll be fine. The board gets like this after every loss and I don't get it
It’s insane. This story is frustrating, Hurley can’t do stuff like this. But we’re 15-5, 6-3 in one of the best conferences in the Country, and still in contention for the big East title. We overreact after every loss.

Reaction Score
Good for DH. Fans are way too emboldened lately. The guy goes hard for us recruiting and coaching and wants to win more than those bozos yelling at him. I would have told them to zip it too.
I would have told them to zip it too, but I'm a fake internet message board tough guy and not a D1 basketball coach getting paid $2.9M. Hurley has to be the bigger person and let the bozos be bozos

Reaction Score
If you read the Bob Hurley book, Dad behaves in the exact same way. It’s not a good look.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If you read the Bob Hurley book, Dad behaves in the exact same way. It’s not a good look.

Yeah and his dad coached high school basketball not high major D1 getting paid multi million dollars/year in front of people cross the country.

Reaction Score
I think we go 3-4 over the next 7. This teams good but I think expectations are just too high
That would be terrible. We should do better than 3-4 if we’re a good team. We need to win 2 out of the nova/xavier/marquette games

Reaction Score
He is a good guy off the court. Just like once that switch flips he doesn't have control. I think his emotions are getting the better of him at the end of games. Its good to get pumped and jacked, but he needs to calm down and coach these guys. Talent is there.

Reaction Score
That would be terrible. We should do better than 3-4 if we’re a good team. We need to win 2 out of the nova/xavier/marquette games
We'll see what happens. I hope we go 7-0. I think some of you are just too bought into the hype.

Reaction Score
I think we go 3-4 over the next 7. This teams good but I think expectations are just too high
Yeah we're just gonna have to disagree here. I think expectations are too high from some here, but this team has looked like a backend top 25 team all season, 3-4 would be incredibly disappointing for this upcoming stretch

Reaction Score
We'll see what happens. I hope we go 7-0. I think some of you are just too bought into the hype.
Not at all. I just think going 3-4 must been you expect us to get swept by nova/Marquette/Xavier. And I don’t know what you’ve seen from those teams to expect that. We’ve already beaten Marquette at Marquette. And Xavier has MULTIPLE w t f losses. We’re flawed, but so is every other team in this conference. Including Nova

Reaction Score
It’s actually by definition not meaningless. We beat who we were supposed to. Marquette at Marquette is one of the better road wins in conference play this year. This board just has amnesia
Until we prove that we can string a couple of wins together against the top half of the conference I think there is fair reason for some concern. Especially when literally every close game over the past couple of seasons has ended the same way.

Reaction Score
Looking at how we've played all season and not just overreacting to the last 2 games
I mean sure we have looked ok at times vs teams we are significantly better than, but every team that is comparable talent wise we have struggled against. There was reason to be optimistic when some of the losses were without key players, but now that we are healthy and still seeing the same exact issues closing against the better teams you would be ignorant not to be somewhat concerned.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Not sure how we can expect the team to handle pressure when the coach can't contain his emotions. It seems like he's always focused on the refs or the fans when he should be focused on the team. It's getting a little old.

The 1-8 stat over the last 2 years has been making the rounds. I remember having this conversation a couple years ago so I went back and did the math. Someone can check me on this, but in Hurley's tenure here we are 5-20 in 4 point games or less. Overtime I didn't know how to calculate into this but they were basically a wash.

This type of "come at me bro" reaction is the way a fan would react, pure emotion, and he coaches that way. He gets lost in the game. He misses opportunities for timeouts, subs, defensive switches, etc. And the end of the game nerves are palpable throughout the team and the arena. Other teams can sense it and come at us.

This mentality needs to change.

Reaction Score
The 1-8 stat over the last 2 years has been making the rounds. I remember having this conversation a couple years ago so I went back and did the math. Someone can check me on this, but in Hurley's tenure here we are 5-20 in 4 point games or less. Overtime I didn't know how to calculate into this but they were basically a wash.

This type of "come at me bro" reaction is the way a fan would react, pure emotion, and he coaches that way. He gets lost in the game. He misses opportunities for timeouts, subs, defensive switches, etc. And the end of the game nerves are palpable throughout the team and the arena. Other teams can sense it and come at us.

This mentality needs to change.
Yeah it's really concerning. This team doesn't play it cool. They get the yips in crunch time. All that stems from the coach. It's been a constant since he's been here.

Reaction Score
Not sure how we can expect the team to handle pressure when the coach can't contain his emotions. It seems like he's always focused on the refs or the fans when he should be focused on the team. It's getting a little old.
This. It starts at the top. When you unravel when the pressure starts to mount, your players are going to feed off of you and your body language. Blaming the XL center is absurd. Creighton didn’t have their center the entire second half - this one is on focus, coaching and attention to detail. We were 10+ point favorites!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My fathers seats are right behind the bench and he said he saw it all. Said it was not a good look for DH. He’s a boomer though. Wish I was with him last night. I got DH’s back. I need to let Danny know if this happens anymore, I got a crew of die-hards that bleed blue who are ready to slap a fake fan on his behalf. This is why bosses have captains and captains have soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom