Hurley: UConn between going young or still competing | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hurley: UConn between going young or still competing

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What does that make 16 or 14 wins?

unfortunately I think 16 is our ceiling this year and thats being generous. I actually think 15 is the number.

If we dont beat SMU we will start 0-5 in AAC

August_West

Reaction Score
Hard for me to disagree. I was just responding to someone who's still Ride or Die Ollie calling 25 wins a"terrible" result.

I had bigger hopes for this season. Not gangbusters just a competitive product on the floor. Maybe if the planets aligned flirt with the 20 win mark. We saw flashes early. Couldnt sustain it and we revert back to who we are. Dan gets a pass this year obviously, not his fault this group just can't not make unforced errors and bad decisions on the floor when the going gets tough. Is what it is. I think he did panic a little after Nova though. Over adjusted and you can see it causing players to think too much again. Turn 'em loose again, Dan! Turnovers be damned. Huskies like to RUN!

Reaction Score
What does that make 16 or 14 wins?
Calhoun left the program in a house. Love him dearly though. No one expected them to win 10 games Ollie’s first season. You people will see what I am talking about in 2-3 years. They better hope Precious come to UConn or else things will get better.

Reaction Score
Calhoun left the program in a # 2 house. Love him dearly though. No one expected them to win 10 games Ollie’s first season. You people will see what I am talking about in 2-3 years. They better hope Precious come to UConn or else things will not get better.

Reaction Score
I had bigger hopes for this season. Not gangbusters just a competitive product on the floor. Maybe if the planets aligned flirt with the 20 win mark. We saw flashes early. Couldnt sustain it and we revert back to who we are. Dan gets a pass this year obviously, not his fault this group just can't not make unforced errors and bad decisions on the floor when the going gets tough. Is what it is. I think he did panic a little after Nova though. Over adjusted and you can see it causing players to think too much again. Turn 'em loose again, Dan! Turnovers be damned. Huskies like to RUN!
Who were the Studs that Calhoun left in the barn for Ollie???

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Calhoun left the program in a # 2 house. Love him dearly though. No one expected them to win 10 games Ollie’s first season. You people will see what I am talking about in 2-3 years. They better hope Precious come to UConn or else things will get better.

Did you follow UConn basketball the past two years?

2016-17: 16-17 record
2017-18: 14-18 record

5 and 6 years after Calhoun left. Again, if 25 wins is "terrible," what is that?

Reaction Score
Did you follow UConn basketball the past two years?

2016-17: 16-17 record
2017-18: 14-18 record

5 and 6 years after Calhoun left. Again, if 25 wins is "terrible," what is that?
I have never missed a game since 1993 until this season. Our beloved Men’s B-Ball Program will never be the same. Everyone on this board will be gone crazy in 2-3 years

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I have never missed a game since 1993 until this season. Our beloved Men’s B-Ball Program will never be the same. Everyone on this board will be gone crazy in 2-3 years

Stop dodging the question.

If a 25 win season is "terrible," then what is a 16 win season or a 14 win season?

Answer that question, please.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

How are the players Calhoun left relevant in 2016-17 and 2017-18? The last Calhoun holdovers graduated in 2015.

Again, stop dodging my question.

Reaction Score

Guys by the name of Napier, Boatright, Daniels, Giffey ... essentially the whole starting five of Ollie’s first two seasons. Each of those players were far better than any player on the 2018 / 2019 team.

Reaction Score
How are the players Calhoun left relevant in 2016-17 and 2017-18? The last Calhoun holdovers graduated in 2015.

Again, stop dodging my question.
Everyone on this Board got STAINED when they fired OLLIE. You reap what you sow

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Everyone on this Board got STAINED when they fired OLLIE. You reap what you sow

If a 25-win season is "terrible," what does that make a 16 or 14-win season?

Why do you keep refusing to answer? It's a very simple question. Come on, man. Stop playing games.

Reaction Score
Guys by the name of Napier, Boatright, Daniels, Giffey ... essentially the whole starting five of Ollie’s first two seasons. Each of those players were far better than any player on the 2018 / 2019 team.
Napier was throwing Voodo water on his teammates Calhoun final season. Was terrible his second season. Giffey and Daniels were picking there toe nails on the bench. Ollie developed them.

Reaction Score

Beloved enough to not miss a game for 25 years and then skip some this year?!? Ok, buddy.

Reaction Score
Napier was throwing Voodo water on his teammates Calhoun final season. Was terrible his second season. Giffey and Daniels were picking there toe nails on the bench. Ollie developed them.

Ok. So his player development stopped with the players that were brought in under Calhoun then ... I guess.

This is besides the point, though. You said the stables were empty. I responded that Ollie’s entire starting five would start over this years squad. Disagree?

August_West

Reaction Score

Listen man. Im not a "Kevin could only win with Calhouns" players guy. At all. He did a tremendous job with those kids.

But saying the cupboards were bare is crazy talk.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score

Ollie didn't develop a thing. Identical stats year after year for these guys, eye test too. Ollie just got lucky Napier was great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom