Hurley: UConn between going young or still competing | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hurley: UConn between going young or still competing

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
The kid is a 19 year old athletic freak. The weight will come if you're really that worried about it. He has potential to show big jump for next season after more game action/practices under Hurley.
Friendship is right on. Sid is by far our most athletic basketball player (excludes Kwintin). He is an elite athlete who has the potential to be an NBA wing if he puts the work in and is coachable.

Reaction Score
Sid is by far our most athletic basketball player (excludes Kwintin).

Where did this universal narrative come from of Kwintin being an amazing athlete? He’s very average in that department. He doesn’t move well, he’s pretty much cemented to the space he carves out.
Without a running start, I’m not sure that he can dunk. Seriously. When boarding under the basket he gets no lift.
How did this myth start?

Reaction Score
Where did this universal narrative come from of Kwintin being an amazing athlete? He’s very average in that department. He doesn’t move well, he’s pretty much cemented to the space he carves out.
Without a running start, I’m not sure that he can dunk. Seriously. When boarding under the basket he gets no lift.
How did this myth start?
Thought I was the only one who noticed.

Reaction Score
There is no tanking benefit in college basketball, so I am against a youth movement. Hurley needs to win as many games as possible right now.
I cannot stand the losing either. I certainly know that AG needs to be developed for the future; but let's get the ball into Jalen's hands at point maybe 50% of the time if we want him at his best. Tough call.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would also be a fan of any postseason for this team.

We are starting over, and the building blocks are hard work and perseverance. The only reason a younger player should play over a veteran is if the younger player EARNS the minutes. I am adamantly against punishing veterans just because the season didn't work out as the coach hoped.

Reaction Score
The kid is a 19 year old athletic freak. The weight will come if you're really that worried about it. He has potential to show big jump for next season after more game action/practices under Hurley.
Sid oozes potential. If we want to be good next year, he has to be a major part of that. If that means he needs to play more this year to work out the kinks, then so be it

Reaction Score
Year 1! It's not even all his recruits. Give him his due time before going ahead and judging him. He is a proven winner and has every tool he needs available to him to succeed. Breathe!!!!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's not odd at all, many of our players aren't really good enough for this level and the ones that are good enough are coming off a long layoff from playing. Jalen was an old senior and was supposed to be the one thing we can count on. We haven't been able to count on him at all. Hurley thought he had the potential to win conference player of the year and be one of the best guards in the country. He's had a disaster of a senior year.

With the Cavs if Lebron never showed up in the clutch, turned it over like crazy. had bad body language, didn't show up for entire games you think everyone would be focused on how Dellavedova and Channing Frye are performing?

lol, now you're comparing him to LeBron? He's definitely been a disappointment, but singling him out as a disaster when he doesn't exactly get a lot of help is ridiculous. It's going too far. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one I guess rather than continuing to go back and forth.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I cannot stand the losing either. I certainly know that AG needs to be developed for the future; but let's get the ball into Jalen's hands at point maybe 50% of the time if we want him at his best. Tough call.

With AG’s outside shooting, giving him some time off the ball might not be the worst thing for the offense either. Not a ton, but getting him more spot up opportunities can only help.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would also be a fan of any postseason for this team.

We are starting over, and the building blocks are hard work and perseverance. The only reason a younger player should play over a veteran is if the younger player EARNS the minutes. I am adamantly against punishing veterans just because the season didn't work out as the coach hoped.
I agree. The best players play. I think they are all playing hard so effort isn't a separator here.

Reaction Score
Sid oozes potential. If we want to be good next year, he has to be a major part of that. If that means he needs to play more this year to work out the kinks, then so be it
This. We need to continue to let Sid develop, and play Gilbert at the point. Those two have to take a huge jump next year for us to get back to being competitive. Tyler too.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
How did this myth start?
Youtube.

Reaction Score
KING HURLEY! If this was Ollie saying this last season and with the current record he would have been chased out the building! This is Too funny.

Yeah, if Hurley is still saying this stuff in his 6th year he will be chased out of the building, too.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
You’re the clown for your stupid comment. I bet you know nothing about basketball. Did you play varsity and college basketball? No you didn’t, go sit down somewhere.
Guess you have to play varsity AND college basketball to qualify to have horrible opinions like this guy.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Whaley and Carlton will not benefit from more minutes IMO.
I appear to be a minority on this topic, but I like Whaley. His offense needs work (maybe lots of work), but on the defensive end I think he brings it. He plays hard and seems to make things happen. Looking at last season's stats, he was 1st in blocks/minute, 5th in steals/min and 7th in rebounds/min (5th in Offensive rebounds/Min). I think it's the blocks I noticed since he averaged 1 per game and only played 13.8 minutes/game.
Anyway, I think he's worth a look with more minutes. What team couldn't use more defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom