Hurley: Gilbert in our plans | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley: Gilbert in our plans

Reaction Score
Consensus opinion isn't always the right opinion.
so you're saying consensus opinions can be wrong, but we can't tell you your opinion is wrong?

Nobody said you weren't entitled to an opinion, only that it is wrong.

Reaction Score
You can keep saying that but it's not helping you. You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion, just as everyone else is entitled to think it's nonsensical.

And I agree with that. I'm not saying anyone else isn't entitled to theirs.

Reaction Score
so you're saying consensus opinions can be wrong, but we can't tell you your opinion is wrong?

Nobody said you weren't entitled to an opinion, only that it is wrong.

I never said you can't tell me my opinion is wrong...simply said I am allowed to have an opinion that differs from others and that is ok just like it is ok for you all to have a different opinion then me. This was never meant to get into a long argument.

Reaction Score
Alterique is a key to us jumping a couple levels. There's no doubt those concerned have a point with how little game action he's had over the last 2 years. But when he gets settled and he becomes the weapon we recruited a couple years back things will be easier for those around him. I don't blame anyone for doubting whether he's going to ever stay healthy but if those who say his chances for injuring the shoulder are slim, then we will have another answer in the backcourt on both ends of the court.

I really hope for the kids sake as well as the team he gets a couple full years in for the Huskies so we can see who he is and I expect that to be pretty special.
I like your post, but it is highly highly highly unlikely that he can become what he potentially was supposed to be. I am not picking on him personally., but if you think he is a key to "us" jumping a couple of levels, you are going to be very disappointed and if UConn basketball needs him to be 100% to finish near the top of the ACC you are in for a shock. The "weapon" that "we" recruited a couple years back is not what it appears to be any longer. Sorry. I am not criticizing him as a person. I am sure he is a good guy, so it appears. Unfortunately injuries happen. From some, one can never fully recover.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I like your post, but it is highly highly highly unlikely that he can become what he potentially was supposed to be. I am not picking on him personally., but if you think he is a key to "us" jumping a couple of levels, you are going to be very disappointed and if UConn basketball needs him to be 100% to finish near the top of the ACC you are in for a shock. The "weapon" that "we" recruited a couple years back is not what it appears to be any longer. Sorry. I am not criticizing him as a person. I am sure he is a good guy, so it appears. Unfortunately injuries happen. From some, one can never fully recover.

Yeah, but you know zero about this.

Reaction Score

I feel awful for being optimistic about Alterique now for some reason:eek:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
About having an opinion? That makes no sense.
OK, then, annoying rather than wrong.
With 20 posts a day, you're coming out of the chute awfully fast.
Talk a bit less; listen a bit more.
Ease into a community that has a couple decades of traction, and you might find a warmer reception.
Try it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How do you know what I know about that type of shoulder surgery?

Because what you said does not align with what other posters, who happen to be orthopedic docs, are saying. If the surgery was done well, and the bone fuses, there's a 95% success rate.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That move at 1:12 is what Kemba Walkers are made of.

IF! Gilbert stays healthy for the entire season, assuming Adams makes a jump his senior year, and we get gradual improvement out of Vital, Polley, and Carlton. This is a top 3 team in the American, and maybe a tournament team.

Reaction Score
My biggest concern about Gilbert is the mental aspect of his injury. Dis locating your shoulder is very painful. He may be totally healed( I am just going by what the doctor says) but I hope he can convince him self that it won't happen again.

Reaction Score
No one doubts Gilbert's talent. Having gone out early in each of the last two seasons is a legit concern.
Agreed. And an equal concern is that he has played something like 6 games in 2 years. Skills don’t stay at the same level when you sit that long. Finally does he have the same level of confidence that the shoulder will hold up or does he ease off, or need to learn a new technique. All are legitimate concerns with Gilbert going forward. Any or all could have a long or short term impact on his performance.

Reaction Score
Gilbert was going to be huge last year. First three games were rough, but he played well in the best and biggest of those 4 wins.

If you don't watch these highlights and get excited about this potential "addition" to this team as well as the pieces Coach Hurley and the staff are adding, then you're missing the boat. His ability to do these things with really one shoulder is impressive, so even with a range of motion % loss as long as he's confident he will not injure it again then he will be at least this player in many games. Yeah there's still "ifs" but watching this one can hope this is the kid we have for the next 2 years.

Reaction Score
I would be thrilled to see Gilbert healthy enough to be a spark off the bench as a 6th man.

Reaction Score
Did the latest corrective surgery make his shoulder normal again or is it a time bomb that may or may not go off?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom