Hurley: Gilbert in our plans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley: Gilbert in our plans

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
All I know is my 9 year old daughter completey dislocated her elbow and chipped off a large chunk of her elbow in the process and the doc said it could take up to 6 months before she has all her fine motor skills back in her hand with physical therapy. It's been a little over a month and she can't full pull her arm back up to her chest.

I can't imagine what it's like with a shoulder.
If that's "all [you] know..." and you "can't imagine what it's like with a shoulder," and you excuse yourself for misremembering the particulars about Gilbert's recruitment because of a "seizure" at the time, you might consider tempering your 88-posts-in-your-first-5 days exuberance and let the Boneyard come to you.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yes #YoungFree. We recruited Gilbert on a charitable notion to help out an injured player. He then had the audacity to keep getting injured. He owes us big time for sucking up his scholarship.

Reaction Score
Alterique is a key to us jumping a couple levels. There's no doubt those concerned have a point with how little game action he's had over the last 2 years. But when he gets settled and he becomes the weapon we recruited a couple years back things will be easier for those around him. I don't blame anyone for doubting whether he's going to ever stay healthy but if those who say his chances for injuring the shoulder are slim, then we will have another answer in the backcourt on both ends of the court.

I really hope for the kids sake as well as the team he gets a couple full years in for the Huskies so we can see who he is and I expect that to be pretty special.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I've seen the kid play numerous times throughout high school and during pickup this past summer in the Werth Center. When he is 100% healthy, he is a much better player than Adams. Not quite as good a pure scorer but better ball handler, better passer, better 3 point shooter, better defender, and has a much better alpha dog attitude.
Agreed and I thought after watching him this past summer he was in for a huge year
Adams and AG are 2 completely different players. JA is a scorer first and a creator for himself (not selfish but is that type of player - like Ben G). AG is a creator for others first (like TBrown or MarcusW)
I really hope that he comes back because I truly think that if he had been healthy and played at his normal level, UConn would have fared better the past two seasons - a player like AG makes everyone on the floor that much better and offers better opportunities

Reaction Score
Our season changed completely after Gilbert left the line up last year.

I sense sarcasm but simple to say a healthy Gilbert playing 25-30 minutes rather than Anderson would make you a better team don't ya think? Not sure by how much but it makes sense, at least to most.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Gilbert is going to play the role Fatts Russel played for URI last year for us this year(but on steroids). A spark coming off the bench, getting 20 minutes a game.
Not sure I agree. If he's healthy, Gilbert is starting. I would LOVE Vital in a 6th man role.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Our season changed completely after Gilbert left the line up last year.

I sense sarcasm but simple to say a healthy Gilbert playing 25-30 minutes rather than Anderson would make you a better team don't ya think? Not sure by how much but it makes sense, at least to most.

Snark

I for one take him as serious.

Or one should, or at least re-evaluate where we were at before he went down. Its admittedly a small sample size, and we will never know for sure, but we were 4-0 with a win over Oregon and were playing Michigan St even at the 1/2 when Alterique went down.

Thats just facts.

Reaction Score
I see this as great news and another reason for optimism this season, just not over optimism.

Reaction Score
I for one take him as serious.

Or one should, or at least re-evaluate where we were at before he went down. Its admittedly a small sample size, and we will never know for sure, but we were 4-0 with a win over Oregon and were playing Michigan St even at the 1/2 when Alterique went down.

Thats just facts.

I agree that we would clearly have had a much better season if Gilbert stayed on the court, especially after the rust wore off. With that said, he was thoroughly unimpressive in the games he played in so I wouldn't contribute much of that 4-0 to him.
Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 11.51.08 AM.png

Reaction Score
And we're entitled to tell you you're wrong.

About having an opinion? That makes no sense.

If your opinion is that you think one thing but you may be misremembering, and the consensus opinion is that what you remember is in fact not the case...

Then we can tell you your opinion is wrong!

Reaction Score
If your opinion is that you think one thing but you may be misremembering, and the consensus opinion is that what you remember is in fact not the case...

Then we can tell you your opinion is wrong!

Consensus opinion isn't always the right opinion.

Reaction Score
About having an opinion? That makes no sense.
You can hold an opinion that the world is flat and still be wrong. Hiding behind the word "opinion" doesn't make you immune to criticism

Reaction Score
You can hold an opinion that the world is flat and still be wrong. Hiding behind the word "opinion" doesn't make you immune to criticism

True but the world being flat isn't a subjective opinion. It can be proven wrong. Nobody can prove that my opinion on Gilbert is wrong.

Reaction Score
True but the world being flat isn't a subjective opinion. It can be proven wrong. Nobody can prove that my opinion on Gilbert is wrong.
You'd be surprised

Reaction Score
You'd be surprised

I understand people believe it but you can actually go into outerspace and see that it isn't and physics proves it is not...but again, nobody can prove that my opinon on Gilbert is incorrect and it is a subjective analysis of the data I had/have available.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Saying you’re entitled to your opinion while saying you’re being berated for others voicing their opposite opinion is...what do you call it?

Reaction Score
I agree that we would clearly have had a much better season if Gilbert stayed on the court, especially after the rust wore off. With that said, he was thoroughly unimpressive in the games he played in so I wouldn't contribute much of that 4-0 to him.
View attachment 30766

Gilbert was going to be huge last year. First three games were rough, but he played well in the best and biggest of those 4 wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom