Hurley - “Shut Up” | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hurley - “Shut Up”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not productive, saying he seemed to not want to give away points when the game was still up for grabs. To me that's strategic and I'd rather him work the refs with no T up to that point
To be strategic it would have to have a purpose that could impact the game. Without a purpose it is just self-indulgent.

Reaction Score
To be strategic it would have to have a purpose that could impact the game. Without a purpose it is just self-indulgent.
Can disagree with the effect of the strategy, but if you don't think there's a strategy of being on the verge of a T for the whole game and then it coming the second the game is out of reach we'll agree to disagree

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can disagree with the effect of the strategy, but if you don't think there's a strategy of being on the verge of a T for the whole game and then it coming the second the game is out of reach we'll agree to disagree
Words mean things:

strat·e·gy
[ˈstradəjē]

NOUN
  1. a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the OP bet the game? The "T" was difference between a win or a loss, or maybe he's just frustrated with loss by the Huskies and those few seconds were when the final nail was put in the coffin. Jalen's miss sealed the deal, but it was a long-shot even if he made it.

Fewer turnovers and make free throws and we win. Two fixable problems. Even sticking a few open looks last night could have made the difference, there were many chances to fight back, we just fell short. Collectively, this team has to learn how to win, and they will.

Hurley's passion is NOT an issue, I love it. Now I wish he would just start antagonizing the press, that would be awesome.

The line was +9 had no bearing on betting outcome. Unsure about the over/ under

Reaction Score
Words mean things:

strat·e·gy
[ˈstradəjē]

NOUN
  1. a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.
Agree to disagree, was clearly planned out and again you can disagree with the effect it had but clearly Hurley thinks it had an effect.

Reaction Score
As was Dan Hurley's, it's not a coincidence his T came at the exact moment the game was out of reach

This is ridiculous. No it wasn't.

I think the tech was a bad look. He'll learn. I've moved on. But this is absurd.

2nd potential game cjanger Jalen has missed in big games, btw. Disappointing.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. No it wasn't.

I think the tech was a bad look. He'll learn. I've moved on. But this is absurd.

2nd potential game cjanger Jalen has missed in big games, btw. Disappointing.
It's the 2nd T this season and both have come right after the game was out of reach. For me that's not a coincidence. Also remember the gif after the game where he went crazy after the win with Jalen and then immediately calmed down for a handshake

It's fun and all to paint Hurley as this unhinged lunatic on the sidelines but the reality is that's just not the case

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The line was +9 had no bearing on betting outcome. Unsure about the over/ under

opened at 9.5, dropped quickly, closed at 7 almost universally. Most of the day was 7.5

Reaction Score
Have you ever seen Jim Calhoun coach?

I hope he gets a little more control of the guards especially Gilbert he scores allot but he turns the ball over even more. He charges towards the the basket out of control. Too much playground ball going on. Calhoun would of yanked them right out. They seem very undisciplined.

Reaction Score
It's the 2nd T this season and both have come right after the game was out of reach. For me that's not a coincidence. Also remember the gif after the game where he went crazy after the win with Jalen and then immediately calmed down for a handshake

It's fun and all to paint Hurley as this unhinged lunatic on the sidelines but the reality is that's just not the case

A planned T is one to get your team fired up, or to fix some inequity by the zebras.

What is the point of a T when the game is out of reach? There isn't one. He was pissed they lost and freaked out.

It happens. He'll learn.

Reaction Score
UConn cuts it to 74 -69, t kills any possible comeback but Jalen HAS to make the easy lay in to get within 3...then Danny never gets the T.
As I pointed before JA blew through their D like they were chairs. The FSU guy has to go over his back for the block. 90%of the time that’s a made basket and foul . You could see the concern on FSU as we had them rattled . I think Hurley’s T was moot after the block but he still has to figure a way to get Ref’s to protect JA Maybe getting T’d a few times will help. He could be getting 25 a game if he got the calls Kemba and Bazz got.

Reaction Score
A planned T is one to get your team fired up, or to fix some inequity by the zebras.

What is the point of a T when the game is out of reach? There isn't one. He was pissed they lost and freaked out.

It happens. He'll learn.
The same reason why you work the refs all game, for the hope of a future call. Is it more effective than getting a T mid-game, probably not but who knows.

Maybe I'm in the minority in that it just doesn't bother me, especially when he explicitly laid out that this is what he was going to do this season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I took it early didn't see where it closed

When I first looked it was 8, I placed it at 7.5 and it continued to drop

Wish I took the 8 :)

Reaction Score
Tech question. I was only able to watch the start of the game, and left during the dumpster fire that started when the FSU player bobbled the ball off the ref and got it back. Hurley was apoplectic. So, I have 2 questions:

1) Since they never showed the replay (too much other idiocy was going on), was the ref out of bounds (or on the line) when the ball hit him.
2) If he was, shouldn't that have been called a turnover?

Reaction Score
The same reason why you work the refs all game, for the hope of a future call. Is it more effective than getting a T mid-game, probably not but who knows.

Maybe I'm in the minority in that it just doesn't bother me, especially when he explicitly laid out that this is what he was going to do this season.

A future call? The game was over, dude. He lost his cool. I don't see how you can rationally think anything but that.

Reaction Score
A future call? The game was over, dude. He lost his cool. I don't see how you can rationally think anything but that.
My point has been I'm glad he did that when the game was out of hand and not mid-game. Seems pretty rational.

And yes, future call. The same reason you criticize the refs post game in a press conference, which Hurley also did. It's a 30+ game season

Reaction Score

Nah you're in the vast majority, just threads like these bring out the crazies who yell the loudest.

Reaction Score
Don’t see it that way I just see winnable games the last 2 weekends. Hoping your leaders show the smarts and confidence they do against Lafayette but obviously they don’t step up. Having said that it’s not on Hurley they’re in their own little world and it won’t change the pattern remains the same.
We should have beaten Zona, IMO. Florida State would beat us 8 or 9 out of 10, they are just bigger, more athletic, and better than us at this point.

Reaction Score

To be strategic it has to have a long term objective. Which it does. He is building a reputation.

A technical in a game would be tactical not strategic.

Reaction Score
My point has been I'm glad he did that when the game was out of hand and not mid-game. Seems pretty rational.

And yes, future call. The same reason you criticize the refs post game in a press conference, which Hurley also did. It's a 30+ game season

Agree to disagree. I think you give him too much credit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom