Hurley - “Shut Up” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley - “Shut Up”

Reaction Score
You are quick to blame Hurley. If FSU player/coach felt that Hurley was out of line, there would have been a confrontation during the hand shakes. My guess was the player was out of line

I don't need the other teams coach to tell me my coach saying to a kid is a out of pocket. Not to mention, maybe the other coach missed it because he was busy coaching.

But who else should I blame for that behavior? Hurley is doing several things very well. Why spoil with crap like this?

Reaction Score
I’m not saying it wudda mattered heavily - esp the Iowa game but is it just me or has there been a ton of bad calls this year against Uconn? Or maybe it’s thier pace- I’m not being a homer but it just seems crazy with bad calls against us this year. Do the refs hate hurley? Cant figure it out. This is the 3-4th big game in a row like this. Not blaming refs , but seems strange

Reaction Score
This thread is a disaster.

Dan is clearly Bob's son. He looked exactly like Bob Hurley with this one.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Was Jalen fouled? At the game it looked like he got pounded in the body, and that's a foul even if the block is clean. But we don't have the benefit of a replay at the game

Reaction Score
Honestly if an FSU player was mouthing off disrespectfully towards our players I have no problem with Hurley telling the kid to shut up. The kid is at least 18 years old. He should know to have more class than that. He obviously didn’t so Hurley told him to shut his trap.

Does that make Hurley classless? I don’t think so. He sees himself as an authority on that court and authority has the right to set boundaries when the line is crossed.

It’s a dominance thing and I’m okay with our head coach being assertive on the court. Our players see that and will take on those traits.

Reaction Score
Game was over once Jalen missed the layup. T made zero difference. Glad he got his money's worth. One of the worst games I've ever watched
Sounds like a good game to miss for me. I had a little game to be in person at. MLS Cup for my Atlanta United. Great to see in person and have Atlanta win their first championship since '95 Braves. 73K plus crazies in the house was fantastic atmospher.

Great game compared to this UCONN game it seems. Looking at the box score it looked like only AG showed up and our bigs were awful?

Reaction Score
Some of you are nuts.

A coach can show passion and motivate his team. I have absolutely no beef with that. But a coach should never engage players from the other team. And he damn sure should not use profanity toward another teams players or bench. The opposing coach, sure. Never the opposing players at the college level.

If you don't see that, I don't know what to say.

Yup, never happened before.

What did Mike Krzyzewski say to Oregon's Dillon Brooks after Sweet 16 loss?

Reaction Score
I was behind the FSU bench, seemed like Jalen and the bench had words towards the end. The FSU players were cocky all game too waiving towels etc. whatever. Hurley is the man.

Reaction Score
Anyone who honestly is sitting here disappointed is wildly out of touch with the reality of what was shat all over your TV screens and campus for the last 3 years.

The fact Hurley has this team playing well (for them), that they play hard consistently and at times - play above their head.. all while landing an actual real recruiting class by... you know - actually recruiting.

The entirety of this program was a grade-A dumpster fire that people were slow to see. Some still don't get it. This program stunk for three years - and it wasn't just because of the coach. It was the players too - almost all of whom are here still.

They play hard. They're fantastic kids as a group, although they have frustrating lapses. But that's why they're not at a P5 school. They are what they are. We'll treat 'em nice, hopefully they give us their all, graduate...

But that needs to come with something resembling perspective that this group ain't giving you the deep post season run you want. Or to beam you back to 2006. And it doesn't matter if prime Calhoun or Hurley or Jesus himself coached them.

We *literally* don't have much of a front court at all. Our guards are talented - but either have glaring flaws (Vital can't put a basketball on the floor), or are wildly inconsistent (Adams, Jalen). We're good enough if everything falls into place to sneak into the tournament, but with the losses so far and the conference being weak this year, I don't think it's going to be in the cards.

And guess what...

Next year might be more of the same while our actually talented kids figure out their college lives.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I have no issue with his yelling at times, but he needs to know when to and when not too. I think that will happen, but for now I am fine with how he acts and coaches. I remember the last two years all too well. This is a breath of fresh air, or did some of you forget what just happened the past two years?

Reaction Score
Do you people know where this program has been the last few years? And now people are losing their minds over an 8 point loss to a team that is about to be in the top 10. Welcome to the Boneyard.

I don't know about you, but I'm just looking forward to the eventual "Vital to text NBA waters" thread that people actually find a way to take seriously.

Reaction Score
Do you people know where this program has been the last few years? And now people are losing their minds over an 8 point loss to a team that is about to be in the top 10. Welcome to the Boneyard.

Don’t see it that way I just see winnable games the last 2 weekends. Hoping your leaders show the smarts and confidence they do against Lafayette but obviously they don’t step up. Having said that it’s not on Hurley they’re in their own little world and it won’t change the pattern remains the same.

Reaction Score
Nice to see the den mother of the KO fan club, @Kathy, is still around to like any anti-Hurley post she can find.
I like what he is doing with the players, but yes he needs to dial it back a little. Didn't like him shushing the Syracuse fans, and don't like him engaging with an opposing team's player during the game. I would say that about any coach. So you can get off the KO crap.

Reaction Score
I liked watching a team that was clearly over matched but continued to fight back to the end while down double digits. For now, the word is out that you better be prepared for a non-stop chaotic game with just enough talent to beat you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I haven't posted on here in years... but recently started coming back on and browsing. I just have to say... you guys think Dan Hurley's emotions/temper/demeanor is immature or over the top? Must be new fans obviously. Welcome to UConn basketball folks. Jim Calhoun was the king. Nice to have it back!

Amen brother.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom