Howard considering UConn? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Howard considering UConn?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Not sure how they would even be able to get both. If I’m not mistaken they were at 14 scholarships this past year and lost 4 seniors but brought in 4 freshmen. If they get both where would any of their freshman recruits play? They will have McCowan, Bibby, and Campbell. Add in White and Carter (freshmen posts) and possibly Howard and Taylor. That’s a major logjam.

Anriel’s birthday is Sunday and word is she may decide then, so we will see.

I don't think Taylor is eligible until after McCowan graduates, so it wouldn't be as bad of a log jam. A lot of posts on that roster though. I could also see Vic going with Howard at the 3. She'd fit in well there and she'd have a chance to improve her perimeter skills since she isn't going to play the 4 in the pros. Taylor would be a huge get though for Vic. 6-5 post with a 7-0 wing span....sounds like another McCowan esque recruit in that she's huge, raw, and has good upside. Based on how he's developed T, it'd probably be a great option for her too.

Reaction Score
I don't think Taylor is eligible until after McCowan graduates, so it wouldn't be as bad of a log jam. A lot of posts on that roster though. I could also see Vic going with Howard at the 3. She'd fit in well there and she'd have a chance to improve her perimeter skills since she isn't going to play the 4 in the pros. Taylor would be a huge get though for Vic. 6-5 post with a 7-0 wing span....sounds like another McCowan esque recruit in that she's huge, raw, and has good upside. Based on how he's developed T, it'd probably be a great option for her too.
If Anriel goes to MSU, she and T would both be gone before Taylor plays. I have a harder time seeing Lashes as a WNBA 3 than as a 4. Her perimeter game would need to improve a lot. Maybe that’s part of her decision to transfer, though... looking for somewhere she can be more of a 3. Part of the post-visit reaction was that the MSU staff had a plan for her.

Reaction Score

Howard is not a good enough ball handler or shooter to play the #3!

Reaction Score
This guy in his last podcast when he talked about Anriel’s visits, failed to mention FSU and said Howard was supposed to visit UConn but that visit likely won’t happen. I don’t believe he has any deep inside information for this prediction. Not to say Howard won’t still end up at MSU. Her mom definitely spoke very highly of her visit there.
I don't understand... "this guy" says in his latest Podcast that "she was supposed to visit UConn but that visit likely won't happen." That visit ALREADY Happened...it was her 1st or 2nd visit... This whole thing is wacky and giving me headaches.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Golden Husky said: (And while we're at it, UConn is an it not a they as in "UConn will win a 12th national championship if it...)

Thank you! I am so weary of the goofy British-inspired nonsense about “collective” nouns. As in soccer, “Germany are moving the ball with pace.” Sounds absurd, and it is absurd. What it the subject? In this case, Germany. What is it? In this case, it is a team. How many teams? One. The subject is singular, so use the singular form of the verb.

Why, after all this time are we now coerced, especially by the mass media, to adopt this new-ish euro-centric nonsense. Because a thing may be comprised of multiple sub-parts, we should not necessarily require a plural verb. This does not advance the use of language, it stalls and confuses it.

“This box of rocks are heavy.” It sure is.

Reaction Score
Howard is not a good enough ball handler or shooter to play the #3!
You're more direct about what I was trying to say. :)

Coming from me I figured it might be viewed as sour grapes.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Golden Husky said: (And while we're at it, UConn is an it not a they as in "UConn will win a 12th national championship if it...)

Thank you! I am so weary of the goofy British-inspired nonsense about “collective” nouns. As in soccer, “Germany are moving the ball with pace.” Sounds absurd, and it is absurd. What it the subject? In this case, Germany. What is it? In this case, it is a team. How many teams? One. The subject is singular, so use the singular form of the verb.
A team of what?

11 players. NOT 11 player.

Reaction Score
Not sure it was ever confirmed that Howard was at UCONN, it looked like Williams was in Storrs, while Howard was somewhere poolside that weekend.

Reaction Score
Howard reminds me a lot of Nina Davis, undersized four but doesn't have long range or ball handling skills to move to 3. I think that is what ultimately hurt Nina's chances for the WNBA. However, she has seemed to find her stride overseas. Howard is relentless like she was.

Reaction Score
Not sure how they would even be able to get both. If I’m not mistaken they were at 14 scholarships this past year and lost 4 seniors but brought in 4 freshmen. If they get both where would any of their freshman recruits play? They will have McCowan, Bibby, and Campbell. Add in White and Carter (freshmen posts) and possibly Howard and Taylor. That’s a major logjam.

Next year (green=F/C):
SR - McCowan (Starter), Holmes (15 mpg), Danberry (10 mpg), Garvin (2 mpg)
JR - Campbell (9 mpg)
SO - Bibby (14 mpg), Scott (5 mpg), Tate (2 mpg), Allen (injured)
FR - Taylor (redshirt), + 4 incoming Frosh (1 G, 1 W, 2 P)

Miss St redshirted PG Taylor this past season bc of a logjam. Could do that again.

Also possible that someone is transferring out but not announced yet.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Next year (green=F/C):
SR - McCowan (Starter), Holmes (15 mpg), Danberry (10 mpg), Garvin (2 mpg)
JR - Campbell (9 mpg)
SO - Bibby (14 mpg), Scott (5 mpg), Tate (2 mpg), Allen (injured)
FR - Taylor (redshirt), + 4 incoming Frosh (1 G, 1 W, 2 P)

Miss St redshirted PG Taylor this past season bc of a logjam. Could do that again.

Also possible that someone is transferring out but not announced yet.

Isn't someone missing from this list?

Reaction Score

Why, after all this time are we now coerced, especially by the mass media, to adopt this new-ish euro-centric nonsense. Because a thing may be comprised of multiple sub-parts, we should not necessarily require a plural verb. This does not advance the use of language, it stalls and confuses it.

“This box of rocks are heavy.” It sure is.

BB: yes you CAN get an AMEN re this post, the coercion and such. Non illegitimi carborundum

Reaction Score
Espinoza-Hunter?

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks.

So they're already at 15 players. There must be a walk-on or a coming transfer?
(Tho AEH cant play next year.)

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks.

So they're already at 15 players. Was Scott a walk-on?
(Tho AEH cant play next year.)

She should be eligible to play in December (after the end of the 1st semester).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought she didn't enroll at Miss St in time for the 2nd semester?

That's right.

Considering she didn't play much for Uconn that's a long time to go without playing in an official game. Maybe she'll seek a waiver.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
That's right.

Considering she didn't play much for Uconn that's a long time to go without playing in an official game. Maybe she'll seek a waiver.
If I were her, or Vic, I would apply for a waiver. Whatever it was that happened at UConn (or didn't), she didn't have a reasonable chance to re-enroll at another school. I could definitely live with her becoming eligible after semester 1 ended.

Reaction Score
she didn't have a reasonable chance to re-enroll at another school. .

Huh?

Many other players leave after 1 semester and enroll elsewhere immediately. She did not.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Huh?

Many other players leave after 1 semester and enroll elsewhere immediately. She did not.
"Huh"?

Did she really have that opportunity? The final announcement she was leaving came very late. If she was shown the door, did she really have a realistic opportunity to seek out another school and matriculate?

I don't really know about the timing. But if you do, please share it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"Huh"?
Did she really have that opportunity? The final announcement she was leaving came very late. If she was shown the door, did she really have a realistic opportunity to seek out another school and matriculate?
I don't really know about the timing. But if you do, please share it.
Class began at Mississippi State On January 9th.
Academic Calendar
On January 13, AEH was quoted in the paper saying she would be taking " few classes at Westchester Community College and visit schools while figuring out her next step"
Girls basketball: Ossining alumna Andra Espinoza-Hunter opens up about transferring from UConn
On February 7 AEH announced that she would be attending MSU.
What adding UConn transfer Andra Espinoza-Hunter means for Mississippi State
From the same article: "Espinoza-Hunter will have to sit out next season because of transfer rules; she has not enrolled anywhere this spring."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom