Howard considering UConn? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Howard considering UConn?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Class began at Mississippi State On January 9th.
Academic Calendar
On January 13, AEH was quoted in the paper saying she would be taking " few classes at Westchester Community College and visit schools while figuring out her next step"
Girls basketball: Ossining alumna Andra Espinoza-Hunter opens up about transferring from UConn
On February 7 AEH announced that she would be attending MSU.
What adding UConn transfer Andra Espinoza-Hunter means for Mississippi State
From the same article: "Espinoza-Hunter will have to sit out next season because of transfer rules; she has not enrolled anywhere this spring."
Thanks for your post.

I think you're supporting my view. The timeline as it appeared to me, was that she came back from Xmas break and was at practice on the 29th (or 28th?). Someone posted a video of that practice and she was clearly present. Then on the 31st UConn played Memphis but she was not at the game and was said to be at home dealing with "personal issues." I think it was in the post-game (I could be wrong) that Geno said that she had some issues, that they were personal, and that unless she dealt with them it was going to be hard for her to play for the rest of the year. Then I think he said something about he hoped to know more in a couple of days. As it turned out, we didn't hear anything till several days later.

I read the news of her transferring on this board Friday, Jan. 13, though someone mentioned it was made public on the 11th. Irrespective of the details of timing in that short span, if she was involuntarily removed from the team, as seems to be the case, she did not realistically have an opportunity to seek out contacts--coaches, AAU people, etc.--nor did she have time to contact university admissions officials and such, to get enrolled at another school so she could play this December. And at that time, winter break, all that might well have been more difficult than normal (it's of course possible that's not true, ie, people were available irrespective of the break). Could it have been done? I suppose it's possible, but again, circumstances argue against it.

Given all that, my point is that if I were her/Vic, I would apply for a waiver to allow her to play at the end of the first semester this December. Otherwise, she will be faced with going from December of '17 till November of '19 without playing college basketball. That seems like an extreme price to pay for whatever she did or did not do.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Oh it matters. That's all that matters.

Friend Meyers: My family consists of two English composition faculty, and two more with degrees in Sports Journalism and Mass Communication/Speech Communication. You won’t be surprised to learn that NONE of us entirely agrees with the others on this point.
So, what does this mean? You are thus eligible to join my family? Sure, OK. But you have been warned. Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom