• 3 years

Votes: 83 21.0%
  • 4 years

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This. And there is insurance that can be purchased that would protect him from a major injury that stopped him from getting cash.

If your family is living day to day, you have to take the money the moment is offered. If your family is fine waiting a year, and you’re not worried about shrinking, the money will be there for him (whatever money there is for a player of his type) when he wants it. He will have a choice to make at the end of the season, and certainly taking the money when it’s there is the usual choice, but in this case I wouldn’t be shocked if he gave UConn a second year.

The kind of insurance you're talking about doesn't come close to NBA money. I don't know much about it, but my friend played at FSU and then in the NFL for 6 years and his impression was that the money was better than nothing, but an injury would still have screwed his career up.

Reaction Score
The kind of insurance you're talking about doesn't come close to NBA money. I don't know much about it, but my friend played at FSU and then in the NFL for 6 years and his impression was that the money was better than nothing, but an injury would still have screwed his career up.

If true, fair enough. I'm sure that is literally true (people don't get $100M policies), but I think the policy protects enough income that the you are financially set for life if prudent. But I'm a short Jewish lawyer -- I've never had to go through the process my self.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think it can be true that you don’t mess with what’s working this season. You can build a team around Sanogo and Donovan starting next season.

Reaction Score
He is a “young” freshman as he wasn’t held back a year nor did he do a post grad year like some do. He is not 19 until February. Given the home state connection and the potential NIL $, he will be here 3 years unless he is a sure lottery pick.
So two years is the right answer...

Reaction Score
I think it can be true that you don’t mess with what’s working this season. You can build a team around Sanogo and Donovan starting next season.
Sanogo back? I don't see it happening. He's a candidate for college player of the year already, so he's at the top of college hoops now. Next year gets him what when he could be paid?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sanogo back? I don't see it happening. He's a candidate for college player of the year already, so he's at the top of college hoops now. Next year gets him what when he could be paid?
I didn’t say he’s coming back. We can build a team with him if he comes back. My post is about people construing his potential return as a negative.

Reaction Score
If both Sanogo and Clingan hypothetically stayed for next season and:

1. Sanogo became even more light on his feet over the offseason (like he did last offseason)
2. Sanogo improved his three point jumper to where it was even more fluid and reliable
3. Clingan became more laterally quick and agile
4. Clingan developed a shot similar to Sanogo’s this season

Could they start together and be successful, or would they still be too much of a floor spacing and perimeter defensive liability?

Don’t think it’s out of the question they could both stay, and there’s no way one would be satisfied coming off the bench

Reaction Score
Two years seems about right.
What happened to those who disrespected Ct High School basketball?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Anything more than 2 is gravy. I think he needs to put on some muscle and develop an 8-15 foot baseline jumper.

Reaction Score
Anything more than 2 is gravy. I think he needs to put on some muscle and develop an 8-15 foot baseline jumper.
In his mom, he had a great coach as a kid. I think she taught him that short jumper years ago.

Reaction Score
I didn’t say he’s coming back. We can build a team with him if he comes back. My post is about people construing his potential return as a negative.
Of course we would (impossible for Sanogo to be a negative) but I don’t expect him back. It would definitely shock me.

Husky25

Reaction Score
In his mom, he had a great coach as a kid. I think she taught him that short jumper years ago.

If he has one, he doesn't use it much in games.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He has higher % shots available to him.
While I don't necessarily disagree that he takes what opponents give him (and killing it), not showcasing a skill during games is basically the same as not having a developed skill, or at least not having confidence in it.

Sanogo takes a couple 3s each game, hit or miss, just to show he he has the confidence to take a straight-on 20 footer. If Clingan were confident in the Duncan/Garnett-style baseline jumper, IMO he'd search out opportunities for it in games, particularly when they are up by 15.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
2 years makes the most sense. When it comes to staying in college vs going to the NBA, I think it usually comes down to “will staying in college help improve my draft stock?”.
I think in this case, having an off-season to develop a respectable shot, and then being a starter on next season’s team should help raise his stock.

Reaction Score
While I don't necessarily disagree that he takes what opponents give him (and killing it), not showcasing a skill during games is basically the same as not having a developed skill, or at least not having confidence in it.

Sanogo takes a couple 3s each game, hit or miss, just to show he he has the confidence to take a straight-on 20 footer. If Clingan were confident in the Duncan/Garnett-style baseline jumper, IMO he'd search out opportunities for it in games, particularly when they are up by 15.
I don't think he cares about showcasing his skill to the NBA right now. He's a freshman trying to win games and keep his place on the court.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I don't think he cares about showcasing his skill to the NBA right now. He's a freshman trying to win games and keep his place on the court.
This is why I said anything over two years is gravy. I think you are missing context.

Reaction Score

I think Clingan is focused on winning games more than showcasing his skills. Yes, Sanogo does shoot occasionally from beyond the arc, but keep in mind he is 5 or 6 inches shorter than Clingan, and anyway good 6’9” shooters are a dime dozen in the NBA, but when you go over 7 or 7’ 1” the number drops way down. I’ll bet Zach Edey at Purdue hasn’t attempted a 3 pt shot all year, so far anyway.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
2 years makes the most sense. When it comes to staying in college vs going to the NBA, I think it usually comes down to “will staying in college help improve my draft stock?”.
I think in this case, having an off-season to develop a respectable shot, and then being a starter on next season’s team should help raise his stock.
This is the correct take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24