• 3 years

Votes: 83 21.0%
  • 4 years

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you taking about Andre Drummond who "led" the Huskies to a 20-14, 8-10 Big East record while playing with Jermeny Lamb, Napier, Boatright, Oriaki, DeAndre Daniels? Who averaged 10 pts, 7.6 rebounds?

Andre Drummond went on to be an excellent NBA player. Of this there is no other concensus. But while he was at UConn, his impact as a freshman was so-so.
No. Clingan is overachieving. Andre at UConn was not Andre as an NBA'er.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
And screw the TV game announcers. They babbled on about Clingan twice being the Connecticut Gator aid POY. Then the dummies went on to comment that usually players of sign with "national programs" implying that this was a huge coup for UConn. What the heck, did UConn not win 4 National Championships in the last 22 years? Have they not won more NC's (4) than the Tarheels, Dookies, Kansas, etc? National Programs, my arse. Idiots.

You missed the part where he was talking about high school. An example is Alex going to IMG Academy for half a year or however long it was.

Reaction Score
And screw the TV game announcers. They babbled on about Clingan twice being the Connecticut Gator aid POY. Then the dummies went on to comment that usually players of sign with "national programs" implying that this was a huge coup for UConn. What the heck, did UConn not win 4 National Championships in the last 22 years? Have they not won more NC's (4) than the Tarheels, Dookies, Kansas, etc? National Programs, my arse. Idiots.
Well said. I too could not believe what I was hearing from those announcers.

Reaction Score
Clingan is in a much better situation than drummond ever was so that’s not really fair
Drummond played with Lamb, Shabazz, Boat, Daniels, Giffey, Oriakhi, Roscoe and Olander. That’s a bunch of pros and guys who won as I count a combined 11 rings. The difference is that Clingan makes everyone around him better and does exactly what a team needs from him, which are two things Drummond hasn’t been accused of at UConn or anywhere on his NBA odyssey.

Reaction Score
I don't think he was expecting to play like a top-10 center in the country when he got here. If he gets legit first-round interest this year, the kid needs to go. I put 2 years because I do think the league will want to see him with a bit of a 3 point shot before he moves on. Or at least I'm hoping!! Because there's very little he isn't excelling at right now.
I voted for 2 years but the NBA drafts on potential

Reaction Score
He did say that. DC man of his word. Finished his career at BCHS to beat his mom’s record.
When did he say that? The only time I ever saw him talking about the NBA Draft is this below. And he didn't exactly say he was 2 and done.

Perhaps the most pertinent question was asked afterwards, when Clingan was asked if he had a blueprint in his mind for how long his college career would last and when he might declare for the NBA Draft.

“Definitely two, three years is something I’m going to need, because of my body, and having Adama there this year and probably will be out next year,” he said. “It’ll give me an opportunity my sophomore year. We’ll see how these next two years go, and we’ll go from there.”

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Minimum of two but I think he will play 3 if there is a great chance to win a NC
Plus he is close to his father and V Rosa. Don’t know if he is in a real rush to leave either.
In addition, if DH doesn’t recruit another dynamite bighe will want to keep him as long as possible. DC doesn’t seem like a kid itching to get to the NBA asap.

Reaction Score
Minimum of two but I think he will play 3 if there is a great chance to win a NC
Plus he is close to his father and V Rosa. Don’t know if he is in a real rush to leave either.
In addition, if DH doesn’t recruit another dynamite bighe will want to keep him as long as possible. DC doesn’t seem like a kid itching to get to the NBA asap.
I hope he stays for three.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is a dumb question or if it has been asked already, but why isn’t he in the starting lineup?

Reaction Score
When did he say that? The only time I ever saw him talking about the NBA Draft is this below. And he didn't exactly say he was 2 and done.

Perhaps the most pertinent question was asked afterwards, when Clingan was asked if he had a blueprint in his mind for how long his college career would last and when he might declare for the NBA Draft.

“Definitely two, three years is something I’m going to need, because of my body, and having Adama there this year and probably will be out next year,” he said. “It’ll give me an opportunity my sophomore year. We’ll see how these next two years go, and we’ll go from there.”

I’m referring to when he was in high school and was adamant about staying at BCHS to to beat his mom’s record. Not referring to any statement he made about the NBA.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm just enjoying game to game. Most of all want players to stay healthy, continue to have the passion to learn and be dissatisfied with mistakes. This is a really tight knit bunch of players. Extremely rare. I don't want to see this season ever end.

There were a few posters who felt Donovan would play 10-15 minutes but the vast majority of us thought he would get clean up minutes or spot minutes to rest Sonogo. There was some discussion about bigs not being the preference of NBA teams. Purdue and UConn are making a good case to rethink this. There are very few times we've been more wrong about something than Donovan and we've been wrong about a lot of things.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is a dumb question or if it has been asked already, but why isn’t he in the starting lineup?
Because the 4 out offense is working for us and we aren't going to play him over Sanogo. Don't mess a good thing that is working for us. We don't want to see two bigs clog the lane for us when playing offense and who is going to cover a mobile 4 on an opposing team?

Reaction Score
Whatever happens you have to be happy for this kid. His dream is coming true right now.

I have no idea how long he stays other than he seems like a great person and values loyalty. One year doesn’t really fit him but more than two might just be foolish for a lot of reasons. .

Reaction Score
I'm just enjoying game to game. Most of all want players to stay healthy, continue to have the passion to learn and be dissatisfied with mistakes. This is a really tight knit bunch of players. Extremely rare. I don't want to see this season ever end.

There were a few posters who felt Donovan would play 10-15 minutes but the vast majority of us thought he would get clean up minutes or spot minutes to rest Sonogo. There was some discussion about bigs not being the preference of NBA teams. Purdue and UConn are making a good case to rethink this. There are very few times we've been more wrong about something than Donovan and we've been wrong about a lot of things.
I was laughed at, after the first few games of the season when I said I thought Clingan had better touch and potential around the rim than Sanogo. The collective board was also wrong big time before the season started about UConn football having a chance at 7 wins.

Reaction Score
I’m referring to when he was in high school and was adamant about staying at BCHS to to beat his mom’s record. Not referring to any statement he made about the NBA.
But you responded to this:
I think he has said he wants to play two years at uconn before he goes in the nba.

With this:
He did say that. DC man of his word. Finished his career at BCHS to beat his mom’s record.

Confused Friends Tv GIF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Because the 4 out offense is working for us and we aren't going to play him over Sanogo. Don't mess a good thing that is working for us. We don't want to see two bigs clog the lane for us when playing offense and who is going to cover a mobile 4 on an opposing team?
I would agree with that, however I would say that when Sanogo and Clingan are on the floor at the same time, a normally good defensive team doesn’t have a clue in how to defend them.

Reaction Score
That Adam Santiago is a hell of a player.
Not sure what sport he plays but he doesn't look like a basketball player.

Reaction Score
Apologize if this has been asked already, but let’s say he does come back for next season, but what happens if Sanogo also comes back for a 4th season? Then what? Does Sanogo come back for a 4th to play less minutes then he did in year 3? Obviously you want to have as many good players as possible, but I am a little concerned at how this plays out if Sanogo comes back, and if that has any influence on Clingan leaving after this year or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom