• 3 years

Votes: 83 21.0%
  • 4 years

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is just no fair to sub in Clingan for Sanago - It’s like it goes from bad to worse for our opponents when he comes in.

I think he should stay for 2-3 seasons and no reason he can’t be top 10 pick. He doesn’t need a 3 ball by the way- just show he can play against top competition and hold his own.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
NIL doesn't compete with first round money. It should help keep any of our guys who might go second round on the roster, though.
Really think it's interesting what u are starting to see with shoe companies locking big-time college players up to shoe deals in college.

It's kinda like in baseball where teams offer arbitration youngsters medium sized contracts while they are on league minimum to give them some security and lock up their loyalty at a discount before they blow up in the league.

Hopefully UConn can facilitate some NIL stuff for these guys in that vein to keep the guys around and extra year or two.

Reaction Score
Let's wait and see how he does vs BE competition, especially Kalkbrenner. I think he needs a second year to prove he can be the guy at center and ensure his production stays high with more minutes.

Regardless, he's exceeding expectations more with each passing game. I think he stays 2 years, but he's having as big or bigger impact than freshman Andre Drummond, on a better team.
LOL. He is a light years better basketball player than Drummond was his year at UConn. Listen to guys like Walton and Jimmy Dykes. Drummond was an athlete competing at basketball. Clingan is a basketball player who just happens to be huge.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He may be a lottery pick this year if he decides. If he comes back and gets a 3 ball then he’s a top 5 pick next year.

Reaction Score
Let's wait and see how he does vs BE competition, especially Kalkbrenner. I think he needs a second year to prove he can be the guy at center and ensure his production stays high with more minutes.

Regardless, he's exceeding expectations more with each passing game. I think he stays 2 years, but he's having as big or bigger impact than freshman Andre Drummond, on a better team.
No. Clingan is overachieving. Andre at UConn was not Andre as an NBA'er.

Reaction Score
Expect one year at a time with no guarantees. He'll be humbled often this season, but never outplayed or outworked.

In other words enjoy him while we got him, only this season is certain.

Reaction Score
LOL. He is a light years better basketball player than Drummond was his year at UConn. Listen to guys like Walton and Jimmy Dykes. Drummond was an athlete competing at basketball. Drummond is a basketball player who just happens to be huge.
You lost focus, Clingan doesn't lose his focus.

Reaction Score
Probably after two and hopefully with a national championship on his resume. Regardless, I'm happy for him. Seems well grounded and likeable. I'm not sure anyone saw this coming!!!

Reaction Score
And screw the TV game announcers. They babbled on about Clingan twice being the Connecticut Gator aid POY. Then the dummies went on to comment that usually players of sign with "national programs" implying that this was a huge coup for UConn. What the heck, did UConn not win 4 National Championships in the last 22 years? Have they not won more NC's (4) than the Tarheels, Dookies, Kansas, etc? National Programs, my arse. Idiots.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I would like people to imagine Clingan sharing the paint with sanogo all game. That’s what Drummond had to deal with at UConn. Clingan also has much better creators for his style of offense. Just saying.

Reaction Score
LOL. He is a light years better basketball player than Drummond was his year at UConn. Listen to guys like Walton and Jimmy Dykes. Drummond was an athlete competing at basketball. Drummond is a basketball player who just happens to be huge.
Clingan is in a much better situation than drummond ever was so that’s not really fair

Reaction Score
I was at the game today visiting family. No way he is going to make past 2 years here. Enjoy him and he is very mobile skilled big man. Once he develops his 10 foot shot he is gone.

Reaction Score
He is a “young” freshman as he wasn’t held back a year nor did he do a post grad year like some do. He is not 19 until February. Given the home state connection and the potential NIL $, he will be here 3 years unless he is a sure lottery pick.

Reaction Score
It is just no fair to sub in Clingan for Sanago - It’s like it goes from bad to worse for our opponents when he comes in.

I think he should stay for 2-3 seasons and no reason he can’t be top 10 pick. He doesn’t need a 3 ball by the way- just show he can play against top competition and hold his own.
Maybe not a 3 ball but he has to be able to hit the 10 footer consistently which I'm sure he will do for sure.

Reaction Score
What?
Are you taking about Andre Drummond who "led" the Huskies to a 20-14, 8-10 Big East record while playing with Jermeny Lamb, Napier, Boatright, Oriaki, DeAndre Daniels? Who averaged 10 pts, 7.6 rebounds?

Andre Drummond went on to be an excellent NBA player. Of this there is no other concensus. But while he was at UConn, his impact as a freshman was so-so.

Reaction Score
And screw the TV game announcers. They babbled on about Clingan twice being the Connecticut Gator aid POY. Then the dummies went on to comment that usually players of sign with "national programs" implying that this was a huge coup for UConn. What the heck, did UConn not win 4 National Championships in the last 22 years? Have they not won more NC's (4) than the Tarheels, Dookies, Kansas, etc? National Programs, my arse. Idiots.

The announcers said they usually sign with national prep schools, not stay at their local high school

Reaction Score
I'm still a little shocked Clingan wasn't a five star recruit. So he was heavier in HS. That can't be the first time a 7 foot recruit was a bit heavy in hs. How did the talent evaluators miss his athleticism and coordination.... and frankly his skill. It all seems like a no-brainer 5 star eval.

Some of the lobs the guards throw Clingan makes me think I'm watching Marcus Williams throw a lob to Rudy Gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom