How Great Was That? | The Boneyard

How Great Was That?

Reaction Score
Arike, the heartbreaker, misses the FT that costs ND at least a tie. AND after Cox was lost and the Irish crawled back into the game, Baylor prevailed. Congrats to the Lady Bears. The Irish lose not only a game, not only a title, ND loses its ENTIRE team--if Young opts out. Great in every way.

Reaction Score
Don't like rooting against folks or teams but for ND I will make exception. First thing I thought is I don't have to see Arike shot anymore!!!

Also it shows how hard it is to win a championship. UConn has not won last three years but every year a different team has won.

Congrats to Kim and Baylor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The best team in WBB won the championship this year. Even with the injury that took out Baylor's most important player, they still hung on and won. With Cox, I think this year's Baylor team is one of the better women's teams ever put on the floor, right up there with some of UConn's great teams.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thank you Baylor!! :D You didn’t wilt down the stretch. A 1 point win is so much better than a 40 point win. :p

1554689480514.png

Chloe Jackson gives Baylor edge over Notre Dame in NCAA women's championship -

At this time last year, Chloe Jackson was not on the Baylor women's basketball team. Today, she is its national championship savior and most outstanding player.

Jackson hit a driving layup with 3.9 seconds remaining, lifting Baylor to an 82-81 win over Notre Dame on Sunday night.

[Story]

Tip in - Jackson will never have to buy a meal in Waco ever again. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Arike, the heartbreaker, misses the FT that costs ND at least a tie. AND after Cox was lost and the Irish crawled back into the game, Baylor prevailed. Congrats to the Lady Bears. The Irish lose not only a game, not only a title, ND loses its ENTIRE team--if Young opts out. Great in every way.

Okay, I wasn't going to watch it; then when ND tied and went ahead, I was going to turn it off, even after Cox went down, but something made us stick with it, to the improbable conclusion. Those Baylor kids never succumbed to the Irish mystique, or their superior team. The Irish shot lights out until the missed foul shot. We still need some of that Texas height.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
For me...and I think a bunch of scouts...
There was a moment in the 1st half that symbolized the game
...and the love/hate relationship I have with Arike's game.

There was a scrum out near half court and Arike lost the ball to the Baylor guard.
As Baylor's break developed, Arike just stood there watching, then slowly jogging down court...
more to take the ball out after the basket then to effect the play.

Bad form.

The play was replayed from another angle during the half-time show and it appeared even more reprehensible.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Great post!!!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
This has not been good week in my life but Baylor's victory (ND loss/Arike blowing the game-maybe making the foul shot is hard than a 3pt!) put a huge smile on my face. Oh, petty me! :D

Reaction Score
The best team in WBB won the championship this year. Even with the injury that took out Baylor's most important player, they still hung on and won. With Cox, I think this year's Baylor team is one of the better women's teams ever put on the floor, right up there with some of UConn's great teams.
They are a great team. But they don't match up with UConn's 2016 team, that rolled through the tournament without a close game. If you add Samuelson & Collier, to be drafted shortly, that team had 7 first round WNBA picks.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Oh, somewhere in this flavored land, the sun is shining bright
the band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout
But there will be no jig in South Bend, the mighty________has struck out!

Reaction Score
In addition to losing Cox, Baylor was affected as the referees developed a bunch of touch foulitis, repeatedly sending ND to the foul line on missed shots. This helped ND get back in the game and stay in the game to the very end.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Free Throws in 2nd Half ND 15 Baylor Zero.
ND Shot 13 Ft's in the 4th Qtr and unlike them they missed four of them.
I was sure Arike would tie the game and then ND would win it in OT.
The game was all ND in the 4th Qtr.
ND scored 26 Points. Baylor 16.

How Big are Transfers. Chloe Jackson played for LSU Last Year.
Tonight she scored 26 points in the Baylor win and scored the last 4 points for Baylor.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Shows how UConn’s couple of long NC streaks looked easier than it really is. This group of ND kids won once. Baylor with Griner and then Griner and Sims for a few years only won once. The great thing is that Muffett will not come anywhere near Geno’s NC numbers. The other thing about UConn is the 12 year FF streak. Baylor went 7 years between. UConn brings back a bunch of talent Every time they lose a few great players you think they’ll fall off a bit, but they really don’t fall off that far. UConn might be just one big rebounder transfer away from being high in the mix next year, and pretty talented but not deep without.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom